What Car Do You Drive?

I dont be drivin no silly car......

98 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
- Bought in 99' @27k miles..Now has 140k miles on it... so far......replaced a U joint, 3 batteries, and the exhaust Manifold......thats IT..

95 Toyota 4Runner 4x4
- Bought it 2 years ago from a 90 year old lady, has 78k miles on it...needed $3k worth of work, becasuse it had been garage'd for so long.....all the seals were bad...so 8k invested..but its value is around 11k , the car is MINT condition...insane for a 18year old vehicle, but now.....its a sweet ride...that will doubt run for 200k miles.

I'm kina a Toyota fan.....there's a reason you see ONLY toyota's driving around in the harshest places in the world....

Last edited:
If you want easy parking I'd suggest one of these..

uploadfromtaptalk1371504405519.jpg

Just kinda ram your way in to the spot and be done with it lol.

It's an F650.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Molten Orange F-150 Raptor 6.2L supercab.
Most fun vehicle I've ever had and I've had many.

-Wolf

Oh
My
God

That truck is sex and that color is awesome too. Great choice man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

2007 Silverado - Don't regret this purchase at all, I love my truck.
1974 Corvette - I regret it occassionaly, such a money pit :p

I drive a Mustang GT, and don't regret it - would do it again. If I trade-in or buy again, it'll be another one.

htw

Wifey drives a 2012 Holden Barina spark, tiny little car easy and can sneak around carparks, really a two person car unless you want to chug on hills. Not a fan of autos and has average handling performance but it was new at 15k with a 10 year warranty so cant complain. And just about every mechanic is holden certified and parts are easy.

Mine is 2007 Ford Falcon BF Mk II Futura Sports, needed something with a bit of grunt to pull the tinny. The handles like a pregnant yak and it's automatic but have gas fitted so it's comparatively economical and knows what todo when you press the right pedal.

Car

bella_zpsf3602e16.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes... She is pink. Deal with it. :)

Last edited:
Dude, someone has swapped your front bumper

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2uUDkMYtrQ

Though, I actually drive a 2007 camry hybrid that has had 0 issues and gets 40mpg. Hurray japanese models. I plan on getting a second vehicle; a small SUV in August once I am back in the US. So far I have Acura RDX or Toyota RAV4 or Honda CRV as my picks based on images, reviews, and personal recommendations. Need to test drive to see if I actually like them.

I love the camry. It drives like a V6, gets amazing gas mileage, usually 450-500 miles off a 14 gallon tank. Push button start(must have feature now that im used to it)/all automated everything. 0 problems. If I were to get a sedan again, I would definitely be willing to buy another one.

a little..

a little 1994 Chevy Cheyenne and a Camry SE1996

sadly a 2004 mazda tribute/ford escape ... I miss my 83 f150 and 79 fast back mustang both with inline 6 and easy to work on Shut up i own stock in duct tape and super glue .. now i'm selling stock to have someone else fix this POS coils bad, all 3 rear at 130k miles 3hrs labor and 100 a coil for the cheap ones, a month later the front 02 sensor went now the damn catalytic converter is shot!

heading up to northern germany to pick up my 2013 Dodge Dart SXT. Gonna drive it all the way back to greece. Hope its smooth!

2012 jeep liberty
1984 corvette

family loves the jeep for camping and mudding
corvette is my cruzer

What car do you drive?
2013 Ford Focus ST && 2005 Jeep Cherokee && !$Ferrari F40

Why did you buy that brand/make of car?
Love it! Focus runs like a scalded dog and handles pretty solid as well. Ecoboost 4banger turbo, Six speed stick shift. Tuned with a Cobb access port tuner for HUGE gains over stock (20+%)(23.5 Lbs boost). Push button start, Recaro racing seats (stock), overall looks great as well. Plus, it's a 4 door hatchback. Factory stereo is meh. Depends on your standard I suppose. I'm putting my USACi n DB drag stuff in here, along with the car seat. I always thought focuses were homo type cars before I drove one.

I had a friend that works at midwest Kia, he let me drive the new topshit kia Optima, keep in mind the optima is already 10 grand heavier on the price tag. It got boring so we took it to Rusty Eck Ford and it was a very easy decision after comparing the two and several others eventually.

The optima was a distant 2nd or 3rd based on my feel for the cars as far as power, handling, throttle response, space (optima pwnz face @ trunk space but thats all lol), comfort, Giggity gadgets, potential for pulling ass if my wife gets left or dies, MPG, 0-60 ft, doesn't hold up as well to the AWDs and of course, price tags. Also tested several other's along the lines of Subaru, mazda speeds, VW Types. I felt none were even close.

Are you happy with it?
Effin a man. Couldn't be happier. My first new car since..... ever! Got it in November, just hit 5k miles. Have tons of plans for it as far as making it Fast N' Loud. The plan is to rock Streetbeat Class 1 with a single 12" sub. But, a quad voice coil DD or MMATS Jugg. With 4 highly efficient amps, one per coil. Jfc why am I writing all this!?!?! Nobody cares! Im derailing Frys car thread with my dreams cause I'm all fked up. Apologies.

Would you buy something else if you could have a do'over, if so what?
Never!!!

I bought us a 2010 FG Falcon XR6 when we had to upgrade for a more family suitable car.

I would seriously advise against buying brand new though Fry, you just loose so much money. Buy something that's 12-18mths old, you will have alot to choose from where you are.

Also consider ex government auctions, some real bargains can be had there!

1996 Honday Odyssey (Minivan) - Free given to us. But bi-annual JCI and Annual road tax costs us about $900 total every 2 years.

+

1994 Mitsubishi Minica (2 door yellow plate) - Free Given to us. JCI and Road tax are about $300 total every 2 years, very easy to maintain.

Both great on gas and good for kids!

P.S. We live in Japan.

I drive a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with the 2.0 turbo gdi. I test drove a crap ton of cars and honestly, this I liked best. Price was only 25k US. I really thought I was going to buy American, but when I looked at the content, the Sonata was assembled here and had more US content than any GM, Ford, or Chrysler car I looked at.

Toyota Rav4.

Reliable, fun to drive, fairly roomy, maintenance is practically free, mileage is very good.

Yeah, there's been recalls here and there for different model years but I don't worry about that. Toyota is a responsible company and they probably recall for "problems" which other companies would ignore until several customers get maimed or killed as a result of the problems.

And this is from an "ugly American" who wouldn't buy a foreign car for many years, on principle alone. Not xenophobia but the feeling that if we don't support our own native industries, we're dooming the country's future. But nowadays a Japanese car isn't "really" foreign since Toyota manufactures and assembles most of the car in the USA.

If I was willing to spend more money upfront and more money for gas, I'd upscale to the bigger Toyota SUVs, already mentioned in an earlier post, the 4Runner, Highlander or the Sequoia or the ungodly expensive Land Cruiser. The Rav4 preserves a lot of the best of those monster cars at an affordable price and with excellent MPG.

No, I do NOT work for Toyota. And if you knew how rabid I was for years against buying foreign cars, you'd realize this advice is entirely "neutral" and objective. LOL.

The last Rav4 I bought even came with a deal where everything is covered the first year, including oil changes, wiper blades, EVERYTHING. Yeah, you don't EXPECT to spend much the first year of a brand-new car's life, (especially on a Toyota) but it sure feels good to know that except for gasoline, after buying a new car you won't lay out a nickel on maintenance for 12 months! This may have been a dealer special offer (I don't recall) but I doubt if that's the only Toyota dealer in the world to offer it.

Last edited:
sadly a 2004 mazda tribute/ford escape ... I miss my 83 f150 and 79 fast back mustang both with inline 6 and easy to work on Shut up i own stock in duct tape and super glue .. now i'm selling stock to have someone else fix this POS coils bad, all 3 rear at 130k miles 3hrs labor and 100 a coil for the cheap ones, a month later the front 02 sensor went now the damn catalytic converter is shot!

Sorry to go on a tangent. Lionsfan, I'm no mechanic, but I think it's to be expected for coils to go out over 100k, at least that's what I've been taught. Mazda's choice to make them difficult to access is unfortunate. I replaced my own in my mazda 6, which I imagine might be a similar process (removing the intake manifold). If you have a friend or you yourself are halfway mechanically inclined, it's only a couple hours of work doing it for the first time. Just be gentle on your radiator lines, when they're that old they can break. I spent $60 per coil at autozone. PM me if you want.