Update loop RoF2 version 4.0.5.0

I think it might be anti-virus related, try disabling it.

4.0.5.0 is MMOLoader.exe's llatest version which is in the latest RoF2 zip too (can try copying it from pre-compiled zip to see if that makes it not try and update). I can't replicate the update loop on my end.

Sorry for not getting back to you.

Negative, even compiling my own still runs the loop, that's if I replace all the shit with the pre-compile zip.

My windows defender has always been disabled, and I run no other AV.

I'll try to troubleshoot further.

LdrUpdate will appear and disappear, only way I can stop the upgrading is removing mmoloader.exe from directory.

It's a local issue, tried on a VM and it's fine.

Grr.

Last edited:
Even just moving MMOLOADER to desktop with nothing else causes the loop.

ProcMon isn't showing me much, and I'm not sure what else to try short of reinstalling Windows, which is not going to happen just for macroquest.

I can provide TeamViewer/Cisco WebEx.

Last edited:
Fixed this.

Apparently Cisco AnyConnect installs a program called Guardship .Net Protector.

Stumbled upon this due to launching my Freelancer mod and noticed it wouldn't update either.

Sooo, bam.

Okay. So it looks like without Service Pack/Anniversary Edition update you cannot run applications that depend on vc++2017. It'll put you into a loader loop.

I probably bumped an old thread, but if anyone else is seeing this, the solution is to run windows updates and specifically apply SP1/Anniversary Update.

This is probably a .NET version upgrade issue, I would assume. What version of .NET is now required for MMOBUGS code to run?