Unique crash to desktop

Norrathian

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I summoned items for pets. Went to /drop the leftovers and instant CTD - repeatable. Having to /destroy these items to keep from crashing or find a spot I can simply click the screen to drop it.

• Sad
Reactions: EQDAB
I summoned items for pets. Went to /drop the leftovers and instant CTD - repeatable. Having to /destroy these items to keep from crashing or find a spot I can simply click the screen to drop it.

Have you tried this with out MQ and do you crash or not?

Does it crash when dropping other things?

EQ doesn't have a /drop command, but clicking on an empty part of the screen until it drops does work - that worked before but it's a pain in busy zones.

EDIT: I loaded the RG compile and it is doing something bad too. The first 2 times I tried to drop with MMO compile, it seemed to reset all of my plugins. Of course, my first thought is I'm doing something wrong despite /dropping thousands of things in the past. Then came the CTD - that did duplicate. RG compile is doing the same thing - acting like it's resetting all my plugins. Apparently, this is a problem with MQNext in general. Can anyone test plz.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I looked up the command in the source code

Code:
void DropCmd(SPAWNINFO*, char*)
{
    ItemPtr pItem = GetPcProfile()->GetInventorySlot(InvSlot_Cursor);

if (pItem && pItem->CanDrop(false, true))
        pEverQuest->DropHeldItemOnGround(1);
}

Sadly, both "CanDrop" and "DropHeldItemOnGround" are EQ client functions. This means there is nothing you can do but ask someone who can find function offsets to look into the issue.