Tower of Rot Raid

Borneal

Reaction score
Okay so where we are so far.

Burn Bayle to 75% and then kill the 4 adds that pop at 90% while offtanking the minis.

Balance the 3 minis down while killing the 2 adds at 90%, 75%, 60%, 50%, 35%, 20% and 5%.

Take bayle down to 25%. Adds pop in 2 groups of 4 at 50%.

Bards AE mez still works so bards can lock 6 of the 8 adds. Kill 1 to keep curing the chanters so they can mezz.

at 25% Need solid DPS on Bayle to get him to 5%.

Gotta have most DPS on the Fallen adds that pop 2 every 45 seconds and 2 every 5% from 25% to 5%. at 5% you have to kill all the adds to stop them spawning. Once Bayle is at 5% the royal adds do not repop. Once all adds are down and DPS Is back on Bayle the Fallen stop.

The fallen can pop in any corner of the room.

Right now our best run is 13% on Bayle. The fallen adds take a lot of DPS. The Fallen Advisors do a nasty Viral dot that is almost impossible to avoid due to snares and the Lag. Seemed like we got an extra set (ie 4 at once) or the 5% adds can pop a bit off the % marks.

It take a lot of burn to kill off the fallen adds. If you fall behind its hard to catch back up. Really need to kill the fallen in about 15 seconds each.

Cant really AE burn as you will break mezz on the royal adds unless you get them out of the room. Getting them out of the room can be done but is challenging. The down side is if they are out of the room its harder to kill them while still burning the fallen when Bayle is at 5%. Also can be difficult to get all the fallen together with the snares and Lag. Cant really Burn Bayle as you get overwhelmed with adds.

Hopefully they will find a way to remove the lag which is one of the major issues here. Turning off all advanced display options and setting clipping plane to 0 helps but does not remove all the lag.

Mana conservation is a big issue since mana preservation is suppressed. Getting through the minis quickly is needed to have enough mana left for the end.

Splashing the instant the Mark of Nife debuff lands is critical as mellee will rapidly heal all the adds and the minis if they don't turn off attack. At least the splash nerf does not stop it from removing the debuff.

We have not tried AE burning all the adds and the named right near Bayle due to the Claymore Crush emote but might try that next.

Oh and burn the Beguiler add at 60% and 20% down ASAP or it will wind up mezzing enough of the raid to cause a wipe.

was curious if the splash nerf rendered it useless

Not on this event. Splash still works to remove the Nife debuff. Looks like it takes 2 casts but twincast fixes that.

If you splash you cant splash again for 60 seconds. When you are fighting the minis they recast Nife every 60 seconds. So it works out. When vicar mobs are up you need it more often. But 2 or 3 paladins can keep it cured.

man seemed faster then that nife is every 60 from all 3?

No only the priest casts Nife. So only get one every 60 seconds. If you have vicars up and unmezzed you could be getting more.

I have found I can still cure with spell cure after using RC on group for 1 cast of the reverse DS.

Yeah the splashbane effect was put in just to limit using splash for AE heals and quick cures to force some group cures

how is healing for you all? positioning and keeping tanks up. I dont kno if my healers are hemorraging brain cells or I m missing something but seems they cant keep a damn tank up, EVEN when we get a clean snatch on the mini spawn.

oh and how is time to bleed dealt with

Paladin purification or timely tank swaps. And as far as tanking goes, tanks will die often. Backup tanks need to be ready to pickup minis quickly. Captain is the worst of the three with his flurries while High Priest is the easiest imo. Don't ignore the Arch Mage's pet, it can kill folks quickly if not locked down and killed as it spawns.

Last edited:
oh and how is time to bleed dealt with

Paladin purification or timely tank swaps. And as far as tanking goes, tanks will die often. Backup tanks need to be ready to pickup minis quickly. Captain is the worst of the three with his flurries while High Priest is the easiest imo. Don't ignore the Arch Mage's pet, it can kill folks quickly if not locked down and killed as it spawns.

Yeah, Priest can be tanked by a knight with a 2h NP's lol.

Pet tanks are good sacrifices for Captain while things get under control sometimes if have a bad run on beguiler spawns.

+1 on the pet, it dies super fast... almost as quick as it will rip through any dps.

we got it down into the 20's now I know thats where the real fight starts. How do you all deal with the Viral dot? seems to be pretty harsh

We get it down into the low teens area usually. The first night we got it down to 5% we have yet to get it down into single digits again. Tough gd fight.

Yeah, use a old crappy pc... supposedly, if you use a old on board vid card has no issues. The new swoopy cool vid cards are having rendering issues in that zone due to the invisible auras.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah, use a old crappy pc... supposedly, if you use a old on board vid card has no issues. The new swoopy cool vid cards are having rendering issues in that zone due to the invisible auras.

Serious on this? :confused:

I dont have an old onboard vid card, so I cant confirm personally. Guild members and friends have tested and call it true.

Thanks for the info.. good to know. Hopefully SoE fixed this lag yesterday.

Just have to burn the advisors fast before they can cast the viral. We tried setting up a trigger for people to run but the lag and snares made that hard. Hopefully with less lag people can move better and kill faster/get out of range on the viral. Enough people run and your DPS dies tho.