tlp

My stance for MQ always been, let users make there own decisions as long as they are not using tools to grief others.

Let me stick a fork in some of this and open a big can of worms. You wont see MQ here working on Teek and Tormax here in the first month of servers being released bar god descending from the heavens and proclaiming MQ is the chosen path in life to follow.

We will re-evaluate where the community stands after the first month but I don't think the future looks great for MQ on these servers. I do not want to be the one put to blame for MQ crack downs due to blatant MQ usage on these servers and I don't want to see MQ get pulled through the mud with destroying EQ. (Everyone jump on the krono bandwagon that destroyed EQ please).

That said, I am for re-instating Oak and Agnarr in due time, though with active hacks is debatable with what I have heard going on there. Lets see how these new servers play out and someone find me Oakwynds release date of OOW.

This has been a shitty few days, and I hate to say it, I think they are going to get worse for MQ users once the new servers release. Those after refunds, message me.
dm'd

So while browsing this thread I am seeing some of you all saying truebox servers and others saying tlp's servers. I play on rizlona which is a boxing server, how is this current issue going to effect the Rizlona server?

This is all Truebox discussion. Nothing has changed for TLP, just TLP with Truebox.

The information I've been told is there was a huge ban wave that went out on truebox servers today for people using automation tools like multplicity, ion and autohotkey. I can only confirm this on teek.

My main account got popped with a suspension on Teek today with a brand new character. Had MQ running in the background on two accounts on my 'home' server.

Did some basic manual fishing and smithing on Teek as in ye olden days. Stayed up way too late - got my nostalgia fix in, and woke up suspended.

Now I think it's prudent to cancel my 3 EQ subs, my 3rd party contributions, and step away again for 25 more years. Good luck, Darkpaw Games.

So that's it then, MMOBugs is basically dead and closing up shop for EQ?

I did renew tho Fry did make himself clear since MMOBUGS served us for many years. I would wait for a month or two as per what Fry stated, things might go as you wished. :)

Calm down, don’t make any rash moves. Best to just to wait it out. I would not recommend using MQ on any truebox server right now. Yes it stinks, but better than getting suspended or banned.

From experience and what I've seen/heard in the past couple of years...

If you're playing to have fun on a new Truebox, you're better off not using MQ. You're going to be aggrivated, out of luck (and money) when (not if) they suspend your account. TLP's are actively enforced as opposed to live servers which are enforced on a different scale. On TLP Truebox servers, Daybreak suspends accounts way more often just for even having MQ running in the background and nothing else.

On Live, they *usually* only do MQ suspension waves (non-active hacks) during some raid release weeks.

My 2 cents going based off the current situation...

Option 1) If you *need* MQ/Automation and want to relive the old days, create characters on a Live server and play the game the way you want. Heck, It's EQ is even free if you want to stick with F2P, just can't use prestige armor and don't expect many AA's.

Option 2) Get an old dusty laptop out to 2 or 3 box. Most classes pre-velious don't need much attention. Switch screens for the most part as needed.

From experience and what I've seen/heard in the past couple of years...

If you're playing to have fun on a new Truebox, you're better off not using MQ. You're going to be aggrivated, out of luck (and money) when (not if) they suspend your account. TLP's are actively enforced as opposed to live servers which are enforced on a different scale. On TLP Truebox servers, Daybreak suspends accounts way more often just for even having MQ running in the background and nothing else.

On Live, they *usually* only do MQ suspension waves (non-active hacks) during some raid release weeks.

My 2 cents going based off the current situation...

Option 1) If you *need* MQ/Automation and want to relive the old days, create characters on a Live server and play the game the way you want. Heck, It's EQ is even free if you want to stick with F2P, just can't use prestige armor and don't expect many AA's.

Option 2) Get an old dusty laptop out to 2 or 3 box. Most classes pre-velious don't need much attention. Switch screens for the most part as needed.
Except they're suspending on live servers as well. The MQ devs have this delusional idea that if they disable MQ on truebox then DPG wont enforce on live servers. MQ is against TOS in all aspects so taking this arbitrary stance solely for truebox is baffling. If the devs are so worried about DPG TOS they should just stop developing MQ period. The bowing and scrapping is pathetic.

Reactions: neum
Everyone has to agree to the terms of service to play on the live servers so anyone that's whining they got banned or claims "I didn't know" is because of their own ignorance. We shouldn't be debating terms of service on this site, we all know the risks, even the devs.

The devs have been devolving MQ for a long time so at some point, their efforts have warded off DPG or to some degree tolerate MQ, otherwise, it could have been gone long ago, therefore; I disagree with your conclusion that the devs are delusional. Go troll somewhere else if your not going to post something productive, supportive, or helpful.

Regardless, DPG's is in business to make money and don't tell me that they don't profit off of MQ users cause I won't believe it for one second.

My apologies for the spelling error. Replace devolving with developing.

Except they're suspending on live servers as well. The MQ devs have this delusional idea that if they disable MQ on truebox then DPG wont enforce on live servers. MQ is against TOS in all aspects so taking this arbitrary stance solely for truebox is baffling. If the devs are so worried about DPG TOS they should just stop developing MQ period. The bowing and scrapping is pathetic.
This is true. I do think there's less of a chance to get banned if you're not using active hacks. Most (not all) active plugins will get you a ban within hours however.

Most (not all) active plugins will get you a ban within hours however.
the 24 block from warp is the only thing this is true about. its more like most except warp are fine. for now. tommorow they could drop a patch and it detects /speed and docrack preventspeed

Everyone has to agree to the terms of service to play on the live servers so anyone that's whining they got banned or claims "I didn't know" is because of their own ignorance. We shouldn't be debating terms of service on this site, we all know the risks, even the devs.

The devs have been devolving MQ for a long time so at some point, their efforts have warded off DPG or to some degree tolerate MQ, otherwise, it could have been gone long ago, therefore; I disagree with your conclusion that the devs are delusional. Go troll somewhere else if your not going to post something productive, supportive, or helpful.

Regardless, DPG's is in business to make money and don't tell me that they don't profit off of MQ users cause I won't believe it for one second.

This is 100% delusional, if you think this is true, you can then put on the tinfoil hat also if you believe this is the case, this is something you just been spoon feed to believe and its not true at all, its same made up story that mule did about having a "deal" with DBG.

Using MQ on ANY SERVER is against TOS and will get you banned, they are active trying to detect it but they keep failing, has nothing with they tolerate it or not. It just they lack the knowledge and/or time to detect it with current team. None of the devs like MQ and if they could 100% focus on detecting it and have the man power to do so they would.

Using MQ on truebox/TLP or live servers does not matter and give you the same punishment, believing anything else is just lying to yourself.

Because if this was the cause the would have detected and banned all MQ long time ago for truebox servers, since its been possible to use it since it first got blocked with MQ2 and DBG know it, right now most of bans are manual bans from reports and investigation from the team. Majority of bans happening to players playing on DBG office hours

Reactions: tw1ggy
This is 100% delusional, if you think this is true, you can then put on the tinfoil hat also if you believe this is the case, this is something you just been spoon feed to believe and its not true at all, its same made up story that mule did about having a "deal" with DBG.

Using MQ on ANY SERVER is against TOS and will get you banned, they are active trying to detect it but they keep failing, has nothing with they tolerate it or not. It just they lack the knowledge and/or time to detect it with current team. None of the devs like MQ and if they could 100% focus on detecting it and have the man power to do so they would.

Using MQ on truebox/TLP or live servers does not matter and give you the same punishment, believing anything else is just lying to yourself.

Because if this was the cause the would have detected and banned all MQ long time ago for truebox servers, since its been possible to use it since it first got blocked with MQ2 and DBG know it, right now most of bans are manual bans from reports and investigation from the team. Majority of bans happening to players playing on DBG office hours
I tend to agree, they would neuter the ability of these farmers immediately if they could. Theres a good chance that the bot farmers in question here are negatively impacting Krono sales for DBG. If their ability to farm disappeared, the third party krono market would start dry up overnight and demand would shift back to DBG for Krono sales. Thus, it would directly improve DBGs bottom line to get rid of MQ users.

That said, if the MQ devs think that reducing its visibility on TLP servers, which is where most of the new Krono is sold, is going to take the heat off the rest of the MQ users then I get the logic, it just sucks that normal users are being punished for the crappiest of the bunch.

I tend to agree, they would neuter the ability of these farmers immediately if they could. Theres a good chance that the bot farmers in question here are negatively impacting Krono sales for DBG. If their ability to farm disappeared, the third party krono market would start dry up overnight and demand would shift back to DBG for Krono sales. Thus, it would directly improve DBGs bottom line to get rid of MQ users.

That said, if the MQ devs think that reducing its visibility on TLP servers, which is where most of the new Krono is sold, is going to take the heat off the rest of the MQ users then I get the logic, it just sucks that normal users are being punished for the crappiest of the bunch.
The truth of it is that Brainiac and Knightly dont play on TLP so they don't give a shit.

I am subscribed til December. I'll wait til 21 June and see how bad those bans are if they happen before I check out what they are allowing. Pending there aren't crazy bans and the product isnt missing so much cool stuff that I dont need it. I'll stick around.

I only play TLPs so its really a bummer that I cant use even a basic version of this thing anymore, I renewed recently for the newest TLP and found that it was goofed up. I'll stick around and hope it changes some day.

I only play TLPs so its really a bummer that I cant use even a basic version of this thing anymore, I renewed recently for the newest TLP and found that it was goofed up. I'll stick around and hope it changes some day.
That will only happen if they change from the base MQ distro and that's probably more trouble than it's worth.