tlp

Definetly getting vibes that they are colluding with the eq devs to keep tlp's mq free just like eqmule did... and we all know how that turned out.

Do the current main MQ devs play on FV I wonder, where that big ban wave happened? Nothing like getting hit personally to send a message.

alex-jones.jpg

There's already working copies in the wild, which means a super small number of people will have a massive advantage on Teek. By design perhaps?

The amount of wealth a few can generate with these tools working on a new Free Trade TLP as popular as Teek must be massive. Especially when only a few can do it.

Reactions: interstellarsurfer
Definitely agree these changes are more then likely financially motivated and not because of some moral high grpund or for the protection of the users.

The timing of this is dissapointing as I was getting excited for the new TLP. Was planning on rolling up 24 boxes this time around for a try to do some raids via dz and help me forge lt about RL for a while. Looks like DBG just did themselves out of some income from me but I guess they're hoping non cheating players will be encouraged to spend more.

I had a go at taking out the the offending code and trying a rebuild.

Seems lile something else is dropping the game back to char select and I get the feeling it may be server side from DPG.

Looks like they are stepping up their anti cheat with the warp detection, recent timeouts and bans and now this.

The timing from the mq devs is curious why they would add this code... which seems to be a total red herring at the same patch that DPG do something server side although it could be they have hidden something else in the mq build that is causing the kick back to char select. It's not an mq unload.

Definetly getting vibes that they are colluding with the eq devs to keep tlp's mq free just like eqmule did... and we all know how that turned out.
Braniac inititally alluded to its not them its DBG, but later said that "You'd only disconnect if you bypassed the code that automatically unloads MQ... something truebox specific... we detect that and throw you out before it does"

which is likely a truth and a lie, MQ kicks you out but i doubt its something truebox specific because there are working versions of MQ on oakywnd

Braniac inititally alluded to its not them its DBG, but later said that "You'd only disconnect if you bypassed the code that automatically unloads MQ... something truebox specific... we detect that and throw you out before it does"

which is likely a truth and a lie, MQ kicks you out but i doubt its something truebox specific because there are working versions of MQ on oakywnd
I’ve been running on oakwynd without issue for about 48hrs now. The average bear isn’t going to figure it out. It’s not longer a couple edits.

Normal 6 box usage plugins etc.

Nevermind.
Because of MMO auxiliary plugins on truebox TLPs or because you're providing MQ at all to early stage TLP servers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nevermind.
Ya i get it. Everyone wants to be in charge of deciding who can cheat and where. The devs have been pretty outspoken and explicit on no truebox and not using active hacks. You guys got tough decisions to make.

That being said if there’s a will there’s a way and if it isn’t mmo it will be something else. I’ve got no short of 5 different capable groups of people talking about their own fork already. Just all the gating on open source is kinda meh.

Nevermind.
Except RG features that are worth any kind of shit are paid plugins and the vanilla just sucks balls lol as long as bugs keeps pushing out their features, this is where I stay. I don’t play on truebox so that doesn’t matter to me.

Someone simplify this. What servers can I use this on?

Any server except oakwynd until late June timeframe and tormax/teek

Reactions: playa
You want to punish Fry for a change he had nothing to do with? Lol
Doesn't look like a punishment or anything. If the service isn't provided where the masses are headed, would make sense people would no longer want to pay.

Fry removed the block last time and offered Bugs on all servers, against Brainiac's intent. He has options here.

But yeah - all it comes down to is that Bugs no longer provides the sole reason I was on Bugs - Macroquest on all servers, free and clear from telling me how to cheat.

Have been with Bugs for a long time but can't pay for something I cant use at the moment.

My stance for MQ always been, let users make there own decisions as long as they are not using tools to grief others.

Let me stick a fork in some of this and open a big can of worms. You wont see MQ here working on Teek and Tormax here in the first month of servers being released bar god descending from the heavens and proclaiming MQ is the chosen path in life to follow.

We will re-evaluate where the community stands after the first month but I don't think the future looks great for MQ on these servers. I do not want to be the one put to blame for MQ crack downs due to blatant MQ usage on these servers and I don't want to see MQ get pulled through the mud with destroying EQ. (Everyone jump on the krono bandwagon that destroyed EQ please).

That said, I am for re-instating Oak and Agnarr in due time, though with active hacks is debatable with what I have heard going on there. Lets see how these new servers play out and someone find me Oakwynds release date of OOW.

This has been a shitty few days, and I hate to say it, I think they are going to get worse for MQ users once the new servers release. Those after refunds, message me.

Oakwynd's releas
That said, I am for re-instating Oak and Agnarr in due time, though with active hacks is debatable with what I have heard going on there. Lets see how these new servers play out and someone find me Oakwynds release date of OOW.
OoW is on the horizon for Oakwynd. The release date is 6/20/24.

is there a way to just enable non active bugs on tlp? lol, i just want to be able to have my hud back it was nice being able to see what class/lvl everyone was

Any pro boxer knows that using Active Hacks is like walking in a mines field. Respect non-boxers so everyone in the end will have a nice comfy and sane server which everyone enjoys. As for myself, I'm waiting for Fry to cast his decision, else its a No-Go for me in TLP.