tlp

thank you for the update Fry, i understand this is not something you were aware in advance and the attitude from the MQ people on the matter is very regrettable (i mean the extra mile they went to prevent use of MQ on TLP)
I also play oak and i came to the conclusion that it's best to wait for oak to enter OOW for the relaxed truebax, at which point i'll go back to a more passive approach using RG build.
to me it looks like any active hack use in the future will be a quick way to compromise your account since dpg seem to put extra work aswell.

Cheers

It seems a bit wild to me that a few white knight types can decided who can do what where, but I suppose that's the world we live in! As far as it goes I'm willing to put work where my mouth is, if MMOBugs (or anyone else) would like to collaborate on a new fork.

Feels like a cry for attention i would say or proving that you "still have some power" over a community. If someone wana hug it out i am all arms!

maybe this will force daybreak to rethink truebox if the numbers are way lower since folks cant mq it will be a interesting launch t see just how big of a impact this will be on daybreaks bottom doller with no boxing with mq ... i know me personally ill sub one account just to see what it looks like but ill prolly not play the server going foward without mq. i cant be alone in that .

It is one thing just not supporting the server. It is another to actively prevent someone from using the open source product on a server...That seems just like the way Mule acted a while back when MQNext was branched off...Now here we are back at square one.

I am not familiar with how the coding of MQ works, but I am curious if it might be possible to launch an older version of the software such as the one that was working properly in TLPs previously. If that's possible then maybe it could just be attached to seperate mmobugs loader for TLPs.
Perhaps there are even those knowegable enough here to provide basic updates for it. Given MQ is an open source project shouldn't this be possible? As I said I am not familiar enough with coding to know how daunting a task might be, but I would certainly be willing to pay a significantly higher subscription to have a working version even if perhaps not all of the features were available as it is now.

It can be done, people are already using old compiles with current offsets. However that doesn’t ensure that there are protections in place either. It’s hard telling honestly

No ill will toward Fry and the amazing job he's done, but with this change I'm also cancelling. Finally time to move on from this old game.

After the recent ban wave on FV, it seems silly to try and keep pacifing Darkpaw by keeping MQ off TLPs. I never like the "you can cheat but only where I tell you" policy.

Reactions: interstellarsurfer
It can be done, people are already using old compiles with current offsets. However that doesn’t ensure that there are protections in place either. It’s hard telling honestly
Honestly this type of thing has always been a use at your own risk. I enjoy actually playing the game and doing things in groups when I can, but given my erratic and often late night play schedule, having the ability to have a auto healer/slower and CC was golden for me and allowed me to do exp and get some items I would not have otherwise been able to. It was worth the risk and I primarily just kept to myself. I never used it for farming or completing raids and kept things very low profile.
I just loved the ability to do things when I otherwise might not have been able to. If anyone ultimately figures out a solution where this might be possible again I would be very appreciative.

Reactions: Celar Joyeuxs
Definitely giving EQMule vibes. Just waiting for the manifesto.

• Haha
Reactions: Razzrr
Wish i had
MQ added code for hash checking by validation to the server names that they support. Truebox TLPs are not one of them so its fails the validation chck. I'm sure someone knowing what they are doing could modify the code to make it work.
Wish i knew someone or even had a friend.

MQ added code for hash checking by validation to the server names that they support. Truebox TLPs are not one of them so its fails the validation chck. I'm sure someone knowing what they are doing could modify the code to make it work.
There's something else going on too. Even if you bypass that check.

It may be something EQ side at this point that is forcing a camp to character select.

Last edited:
Pulled my sub, glad to come back whenever Truebox servers are supported again.

Pulled my sub as well. I'll resub whenever Bugs fixes this clown fiesta.

Excited to come back down the road but if this is truly out until Velious or beyond might as well not pay for the service gents! Will let the TLP bros know to save their money and just anticipate effort on this in a few months. Thank you for your help

Probably a dumb question but is there any way to download older version of the code base for github? The only other copy I have is from like 2+ years ago. Also if anyone had a newer version they could send me to play around with would be appreciated :geek:

You can download any of the older commits. I've tried to go back to the april commit and just update the new offsets but I still get kicked to character select so there's definitely something else at play other than just the validity check.

The timing of this is dissapointing as I was getting excited for the new TLP. Was planning on rolling up 24 boxes this time around for a try to do some raids via dz and help me forge lt about RL for a while. Looks like DBG just did themselves out of some income from me but I guess they're hoping non cheating players will be encouraged to spend more.

I had a go at taking out the the offending code and trying a rebuild.

Seems lile something else is dropping the game back to char select and I get the feeling it may be server side from DPG.

Looks like they are stepping up their anti cheat with the warp detection, recent timeouts and bans and now this.

The timing from the mq devs is curious why they would add this code... which seems to be a total red herring at the same patch that DPG do something server side although it could be they have hidden something else in the mq build that is causing the kick back to char select. It's not an mq unload.

Definetly getting vibes that they are colluding with the eq devs to keep tlp's mq free just like eqmule did... and we all know how that turned out.