tlp

MMobugs and TLP is not a thing any more ?

I'm betting it has to do more with "we don't support tlp's".. but the issue with that statement, is not supporting !== actively blocking/against.

Wonder how many people subbed rg/mmo bugs in the past couple weeks in prep for Teek.

inb4 its always been that way, mqnext since launch has been injectable onto TLP's, Oakwynd, Yelinak, Mischief/TB, all of them. It might have had to be reinjected, but never kept looping on a timer unloaded. Steps were added today to keep it unloaded. I bring this up because it sets a different precedent

Can we get an answer here from management on if this is an accident or is mq2 done on TLP ? Pretty pointless to pay for something I can't use.

Reactions: homeydc29
The change was intentional.
The change was done by MQ2 maintainers, NOT MMOBugs or RG.
The MQ2 maintainer's PoV is that MQ2 should not be used on TLP servers, and they put a harder stop to that.

If you are capable, this would be a possible approach.
You would have something akin to RG, but with less and no active hacks from MMOBugs.
A note here, the code changed, so you'd have to do more than compile, you have to actually change code to make it work.

When i saw this thread i assumed it was just about the new TLP, but it's all of them. :(

Guess i'm done with EQ.
It is just dumb. The official stance of the development team for mq should be we will allow mq on truebox servers unless 1 of the new tlp is non truebox.

But we will see how things go the next few weeks.

Reactions: minen
Anyone have a link to said statement about not supporting TLPs? I know that redguides has always said they don't support any TLP until truebox is relaxed, but this compile has always worked. No point in continuing to pay for a thing that I actively cannot use.

Just making it extra clear, this isn't an MMOBugs or RG change, this is a MacroQuest change.
The specific message you see and commit can be found here that is the message you see now when it unloads MQ curing each pulse of the timer.
There's no document, it has been clear on Discord that the core contributors do not support TLP use of MacroQuest. They do not sell a product and put out changes in the project core. Whether or not they get compensated from MMOBugs/RG I have no idea, but it was that decision that has cut off the two downstream projects from TLP use.

Reactions: nizz
Is it just truebox TLPs? Will this work when the TLP goes relaxed Truebox like Oakwynd is about tonin a couple weeks?

Is it just truebox TLPs? Will this work when the TLP goes relaxed Truebox like Oakwynd is about tonin a couple weeks?
Yes, Oakwynd *should* work in 5ish(?) weeks with OoW.
I haven't looked closely enough at the code to see if the change automatically differentiates between the two server sets.
The reason I mention the automatic portion is, if it's purely on a name list basis, then the maintainers would have to release a change moving it to the safe list.

It's really kinda dumb as to best of my knowledge mq2 itself doesn't bypass the true box system and ppl who use it are still running multiple machines. So it's ok to use when you run the software to automate multiple accounts on one pc, but taboo if you have a couple extra PCs and want to automate a couple toons for support.
For the longest time MQ was maintained as open source for people to use as they want for their own purpose at their own risk. Now it seems that the ones maintaining have their own agenda and biases that they are going to push down everyone's throat.

Reactions: cswdnm and argee37
It's really kinda dumb as to best of my knowledge mq2 itself doesn't bypass the true box system and ppl who use it are still running multiple machines. So it's ok to use when you run the software to automate multiple accounts on one pc, but taboo if you have a couple extra PCs and want to automate a couple toons for support.
For the longest time MQ was maintained as open source for people to use as they want for their own purpose at their own risk. Now it seems that the ones maintaining have their own agenda and biases that they are going to push down everyone's throat.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Regardless if it is on a true box server or a normal one, MQ2 is still against their rules. If DP didn't want MQ2 on truebox servers they would have at least more than 1 normal non true box TLP every decade. If it wasn't for boxing this game would of died out a long time ago and for DP to forget that and MQ Dev to kiss there ass is an absolute F U to all of us that have kept this game going.

The MQ maintainers are taking the stance that they never supported MQ for TLP use. Which I can understand, if it required extra code to allow it to work on TLP then so be it. But to intentionally add coding to actively block use on any server is not the same as proving support. There are also those there that are trying to point the finger back at this site saying that the only reason it worked until now is because it was tampered with by the mmobugs ppl, which seems kinda ridiculous since it appears that an addition to the coding in MQ main program that is causing the problem. This coding was added at some point by them and that is clear. MQ is shutting itself down strictly because of the selected server, it's not that it's crashing

Reactions: nizz
How sad i came back for this ><>< the whole change is a bit insane

MQ added code for hash checking by validation to the server names that they support. Truebox TLPs are not one of them so its fails the validation chck. I'm sure someone knowing what they are doing could modify the code to make it work.

For those not on discord.
-----------
Sorry for the silence, I have just been trying to fully understand everyone's perspective here and the code in question. I played Oak, this is why there was no restriction. I never bugged anyone, I never used active hacks, I kept to myself. I love to automate things ingame, that is why I use MQ. I through the restrictions on truebox servers by eqmule were dumb but I could understand why you'd want no mq in the early stages to keep heat away from users. The issue is how big krono farming and botting has become lately though which fucked all this. We never purposely advertise truebox in our MQ build, and our stance was we didn't support it. Brainiac made it clear to many times over the years he didn't like it but I through we settled on as long as we don't advertise it or support it and let so be it, hence why mom was the word. Anyway there seems to be three options here. 1. Shut up shop, we're done. 2. Fork the build pre-api change. 3. Tow the line, with no anti truebox server code. Truthfully I think we're going to have to go down option three as option two is a fuckload of work and drama I don't think I want to deal with. Though I know option three is going to get just as much drama from you guys.