TBL armor questions

Dogstar

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi all, been away since April.

As I recall with the last expansion I was able to make some pretty good armor using various items that were no drop. I made armor for all my toons and for many other people using these items. This armor was better than the T1 regular armor but not as good as the T2 - I think.

Anyway, before I invest in the TBL expansion, what's the deal with the armor there. Can you still make use tradeskill to make good cultural armor and is it tradable?

I checked Alaka and they are still lacking details there.

Thanks,

t3 is great
you need tradeable drops AND item that comes of t2 named or mission chests

eq:The Burning Lands Armor Guide :: Wiki :: EverQuest :: ZAM

T1 = no drop items from named = 20k per slot = 30AC + 300 HPM above T2 group ROS
T2 = no drop items from named = 25k per slot = 30AC + 900 HPM above T2 group ROS
T3 = no drop item + TS player made stuff = 10-25k if you make yourself or 100k-1000k in baz.

Nothing in this expansion is 'free' you have to be able to beat the content to get the gear.

The first zone sucks monkey butt. Very easy to have boxed toons fall to their deaths.

Later zones are better, but locked behind progression.

Its not horrible if you can box or get groups.

Last edited:
Do you need T1 before you do T2 or T3 trade skill armor?

t1 t2 t3 are all independent from each other

T3 gear is no drop item + tradeskill container. It's practically silly to buy the tradeskill container in bazaar till you are ready to make the final product.

In fact the longer you wait the better, the prices will drop sharply on the player made tradeskill containers once people realize there is very little value till you obtain the T3 no drop from chest/named.

I don't own the TBL expansion but I was considering making a crap ton of the TS containers to sell and realized its not even worth the effort due to them having very little value.

Its not like RoS where you could have made the armor and its ready to be used instantly.

Sadly the dude that ran RaidLoot.com has decided to move on from EQ.

About

Maybe if we get enough folks to leave messages ....

Oh that sucks. I am going to miss using that website, my 2nd favorite with EQItems being #1.

Last edited:
...The first zone sucks monkey butt. Very easy to have boxed toons fall to their death ...

Envirofall ftw, problem solved. On the gear though, the T3 is nice if you have the TS and means to make it. Be ready for TONS of sub-combines on the non-vis.