stick question

dobey

Lifetimer
Reaction score
My berserker used to battle leap in combat and then back up so he could see target again, but now he just stands on top of the target and cant hit . I have been changing a bunch of stuff in his macro lately and cant figure out what will get him to do it again. Any tips, is it mq2melee setting or a /stick setting?

I've noticed similar problems with melee toons. If you aren't using the absolute simplest of stick commands, it doesn't always work...

Most macros dont deal with position. as you posited, it is /stick. here is the wiki for a full list of options but ive pulled out some that you give you a start. MQ2MoveUtils:v16 - MacroQuest Wiki
if you can get your pulls to the same spot every time, /rootme can be super effective. you just have to remember to turn it off.

• /stick moveback
    • stick will back up to the <dist> value if the target gets closer, e.g. many targets in the rear pushing target too close to the tank

• /stick [ toggle | set ] useback [ on | off ]
    • If enabled, stick will walk backwards to position itself when close to a target instead of turning to face it
    • Note: This requires loose or truehead style heading adjustments, and does not work with fast heading

• /moveto [ toggle | set ] useback [ on | off ]
    • If enabled, moveto will walk backwards to position itself when close to a destination instead of turning to face it
    • Note: This requires loose or truehead style heading adjustments, and does not work with fast heading
    • This includes automatic and user-forced camp returns

• /stick set backupdist #.##
    • Range that stick will walk backwards instead of turning to face target, if useback enabled
    • Valid: 1.0 or higher

• /rootme [ off ]
    • roots the player in place, unable to move. this is not any form of actual debuff, just a plugin implementation of locking a character in place
    • supplying the optional off parameter disables the root
    • other commands will not function when rootme is active