Spell Gem Colors

orion949

Death From Above
Reaction score
Does anyone know or have a link to a site that lists the meaning of the spell gem colors?

Like I know Red=single target and Yellow=self but what about like the orange and light green and dark green and all that?

Orange is AoE dd spell, it will hit creatures around your target (included caster if he is too close).
Blue gem is a AoE dd spell, hitting creatures around the caster.

I don't remember which green stands for what effect, one is AoE directional dd spell (not sure). The other one is "splash" spell line, which is a targeted area effect(and not a creature), it will hit creatures in an area you choose.

For those AoE, it can be 3 or 4 waves, and/or a maximum number of creatures being hit by spell.

I hope this post can help you.

The only real reference to it, that I have found, is from the original supplement to the boxed manual:

YELLOW: The spell will be cast on you.
RED: The spell will be cast on who you have targeted.
GREEN: The spell is area effect, and will radiate out from who you have targeted.
BLUE: The spell has no range, and will radiate out from you.
ORANGE: The spell is area effect, and will radiate out from who you have targeted. It will also effect everybody (usually for spells like Rain of Fire)
PURPLE: The spell is area effect, but will only affect people in your party.

htw

Thanks for the help guys. And just to make sure Im understanding this right for my chanter settings,

aeMezSpell=Serene Wave Rk. II
aeMezGem=gem6

pbaeMezSpell=Confusion
pbaeMezGem=gem1

The pbae is the one that radiates out from myself correct? And then the ae is the one that is around my target?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. And just to make sure Im understanding this right for my chanter settings,

The pbae is the one that radiates out from myself correct? And then the ae is the one that is around my target?
Yep.

htw