Sound Alert with PC Check?

eqman22

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to make an audio alert with mq2pccheck? It is showing the alerts in the mq2window, but I prefer to keep it minimized. Right now it is not giving any sound associated with pc's entering zone. Is there a way to give it sound?

Thanks!

Yes. MQ2PCCheck - MMOBugs Wiki

It should use the files that you'll see for entries referenced in the .ini file.

I'll take a look when I get home and get more specific if you want (and perhaps put it in wiki). Basically it's a mp3 file for 'sound', and speaker for 'beep' (or windows/system generated 'beep' sound).

htw

Ok, took a look, and a correction (and additional info for you). I will get the wiki updated with this, and verify all other info for it (commands, etc.).

It actually uses .wav files, but if you want, I could make it also allow .mp3 if that makes it any easier for you, wouldn't take much work on my part (in fact, I can just migrate the code I use in MQ2GMCheck to do it).

The sounds need to be in your MQDir\Sounds directory, e.g. if you have MQ2 in C:\MQ2, then the sounds go in C:\MQ2\Sounds. Our zip/installer has such a directory.

In that directory, it will use these files for the sound options, if sound is enabled in the plugin:

Reminder: pcremind.wav
PC Enter Zone: pcenter.wav
PC Leave Zone: pcleave.wav

htw