some help on what to do

eqtubs

Reaction score
I got this just now what should i do?? :eek:

Response Via Email (GM Ayvee) 07/25/2012 08:36 AM
Hello,

This contact is to notify you that a warning has been placed on your account for logging in to another account that is not owned by you. Because the account has been recovered by the original owner, you should no longer have access to the account. If you are found accessing the other account again in the future, I'm afraid disciplinary action may be taken on your account (BLAH). Please review our rules and policies in the following KB Articles:

Answer ID 16210 [EQ] End User License Agreement:
https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16210

Answer ID 210 Buying or Selling Accounts:
https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/210

Answer ID 268 Account Sharing:
https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/268

Sincerely,
GM Ayvee

You buy an account from someone? If so, i'd contact that person and say WTF why you jack my account fuckface!

You buy an account from someone? If so, i'd contact that person and say WTF why you jack my account fuckface!

only thing is i still have the account im logged in now with no problems unless they haven't took it yet and changed the password

If you're still logged into it and have a 2nd account, I'd be moving as much stuff over as possible as a precaution.

If you're still logged into it and have a 2nd account, I'd be moving as much stuff over as possible as a precaution.

LOL grate minds think alike i was doing just that

OK this seems odd but i now have more email from SOE on every account that i have bought some of them ive had for over 5 years are they checking logs now for IP address for accounts? or are they guessing because there's a different CC# tied to the account?
Also i was reading the thread about playing on the test server and it being free Blah blah... so i did a /testcopy on one of my accounts would that of made them check me out??

Personally, I've never seen or heard of a message like that.

Is there anyone that knows your account names that might would be playing a trick on you? Did you check the email header information to make sure it actually came from a soe address?

I can't think of anyway they could enforce such a thing. I don't think they could do it by IP, there is nothing to prove that the original owner of the account isn't at your house playing right beside you. If you bought the accounts from different people then that rules out one person trying to take back all of their old accounts. I suppose it's not impossible if you still have all the emails containing the account username and passwords from when you purchased them that someone hacked your email account and is trying to take the accounts.

An account of mine was hacked a while back. When I called SoE to get it returned, they told me regardless of the fact that my name was on the account, that I knew the secret answer and that 90% of all the ip addresses that had accessed it over the years came from Ky, they said I had to have the most recent CC info. Without it, I couldn't get it back.

An account of mine was hacked a while back. When I called SoE to get it returned, they told me regardless of the fact that my name was on the account, that I knew the secret answer and that 90% of all the ip addresses that had accessed it over the years came from Ky, they said I had to have the most recent CC info. Without it, I couldn't get it back.

That's a bit odd coz I had an account that I'd been using since 2007 ish and some jackass recovered the account last year using an older cc number (2003 cc info). Livechat, petition and emails from gm all said (in not so many words) that they will give the account info to anyone who can provide older cc not recent. Needless to say I was less than impressed by that info and it was a pita to re-recover the account and chars got moved to a fresh account a day later :p

thats why like the pally im trying to sell on fv i moved it to a new account with no secret answer set and no cc,s on file at all so theres basically no risk for whoever buys it only thing linking it to me is my email address lol

ya needless to say moving them to new accounts was my intent but it didn't fit into my budget at the time, then i just got lazy