SoF Spell merchant faction(rk 2)

El`Fuego

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Anyone know a fast way to get the merchants to sell to you for the rank 2 spells, its hard enough to find a grp in the 1st place on my server, much less one that will go somehwere odther than the best drops/exp to faction and kill 4k brownies. Any help would be loved. TY!

Okay - Chaining a quest from the Patron of the arts in loping planes seems to be easy - especially when just duoing it, because mobs drop 6 pieces so all u have to do is kill the 2 named, loot then get ground spawns. its done fairly quick. just say "work" to "patron of the arts"

I personally like killing Gobbies in Loping.

(For the RK.2 Faction)

Hail Junwin and say Alliance
Kill 20 Goblins

Hail Tyrinam and say Goblins
Kill 20 Goblins

Hail Eilowil (forget the text)
Collect 10 Supply Crates from Goblins

(For Strike Force Faction)

Hail Miggletick and say Interested
Find his Caravan (Update is a spot slightly north of last cart on the road towards the Gobbie fort)
Kill 10 Gobbies
Kill the named Supplier (Think it's Creepfoot)
Loot the medallion needed and return to Miggletick.

All of those can be done at same time, and it's really good xp. 1-2% at lvl 79. Hope that helps peeps a bit. Trying to figure out when the trader offers Rogue Tomes, just hit amiably tonight from dubious =)

Loose Screw

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4435 gives the legit way to do the quest, however, you can use the /Cast Item command to make the sonic screwdriver cast. I recomend you find somewhere you won't be seen, as I have had a GM visit me...This give you faction with Ak'Anon Strike Force V for the RK. II vendor in Dragonscale near the cannon to Fort Mech.

This warps you to a place near the elevators where you can see where you are supposed to clear to legitimately use the sonic screwdriver. I've not been visited by a GM since I started using this macro, guessing someone saw me and reported me is why I was visited the first time. I do not AFK and so I can stop it if someone decides to kill in this area (very rare on my server). Enjoy ;)

Code:
#Event Update "Your task 'Screw Loose' has been updated."
#Event Reward "You have successfully been granted your reward for: Screw Loose"
Sub Main
	/declare sl int outer ${Param0}
	/declare turnin string outer
	/declare mytarget string outer
	/declare checkt int outer
	/declare times int outer
	/declare Itemset int outer
	/declare t int outer
	/declare slt int outer
	/declare repeatit int outer
	/declare Updatecnt int outer
	/declare got_reward  bool outer false
	/call Screwloose
/return
Sub Screwloose
	/for slt 1 to ${sl}
	/echo round ${slt} of ${sl}
	/target Tabazin
	/say Screw
	:waitA
	/if (!${Cursor.ID}) {
	/delay 1s
	/goto :waitA
	}
	/autoinv
	/call Repeatit
	/call turnin
	/next slt
	/call end
/return
Sub Repeatit
	/varset Updatecnt 0
	/varset repeatit 10
	/warp loc 1883 -1180.5 405.5
	/delay 2s
	:looptime
	/for t 1 to ${repeatit}
	/Cast Item "Sonic Screwdriver"
	:waitB
	/if (!${Cursor.ID}) {
	/delay 1s
	/goto :waitB
	}
	/autoinv
	/next t
	/if (${FindItemCount[Support Bolt]}<10) {
	/varcalc repeatit 10-${FindItemCount[Support Bolt]}
	/goto :looptime
	}
/return
Sub turnin
	/varset turnin "Support Bolt"
	/varset mytarget Tabazin
	/varset Itemset 2
	/varset times 4
	/warp loc 85 -1482 373.5
	:itemloop
	/delay 1s
	/target ${mytarget}
	/face nolook
	/for t 1 to ${times}
	/nomodkey /ctrl /itemnotify ${FindItem[${turnin}].InvSlot} leftmouseup
	/click left target
	/delay 1s 
	/next t 
	/nomodkey /notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup 
	/delay 2s
	/doEvents Update
	/varcalc Itemset ${Itemset}-1
	/if (${Itemset}>0) /goto :itemloop
	/if (${Itemset}==0) {
	/varset times 2
	/goto :itemloop
	}
	/if (${Updatecnt}<20) {
	/varcalc times ${FindItemCount[Support Bolt]}
	/goto :itemloop
	}
	/nomodkey /ctrl /itemnotify ${FindItem[sonic].InvSlot} leftmouseup
	/click left target
	/delay 1s
	/nomodkey /notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup
	/delay 1s
	/doEvents Update
	/varset got_reward false
	:RewardLoop
	/reward 1
	/delay 1s
	/doEvents Reward
	/if (!${got_reward}) {
		/delay 2s
		/goto :RewardLoop
	}
/return
Sub Event_Update
	/varcalc Updatecnt ${Updatecnt}+1
/return
Sub Event_Reward
	/varset got_reward true
/return
Sub End
/endmacro
/return

Works great,

Just be sure to have 2 Main Inventory Slots open for it to work properly.. ;)

Thanks!

Only need 1 Top level slot

Just be sure to have 2 Main Inventory Slots open for it to work properly.. ;)

Actually you only need one Top level slot for the sonic screwdriver, and what ever bag the support bolt are being dropped into needs to be open.

Enjoy :)

Okay i have no idea how to put this into a mac, i've always just did without, so how do i get this to work? or, how to i force the item to cast?

Help

What is the command to start and stop a mac again? I have not used mac in so long...........forgot how to use them?

/duh

Jenn

PS and is there certain plugins we HAVE to have loaded to run this?

As far as turning mac's off, you can just type /mac off or /mac (insert random letter). When you type /mac it tries to run a macro named whatever is after that. If there isn't a macro it just stops the macro. As far as plugins with this go I have no clue. I haven't played EQ in probably a year, and I have never used this mac.

What Kodi said works too. Sometimes I complicate things more then they have to be.

Okay i have no idea how to put this into a mac, i've always just did without, so how do i get this to work? or, how to i force the item to cast?

Copy and paste the code to notepad and save it in your mq2/macro directory. when you save it you'll need to name it, mine is named loosescrew.mac the name isn't important as long as you remember it. The .mac is important without it notepad will save it as a .txt and mq2 won't recognize it as a macro.

If you don't want to use the macro but make the item cast use the command:
/Cast Item "Sonic Screwdriver"
be sure to capitalize the command.

As for ending a macro I always use the command:
/endm

This macro is set up so you can decide how many times you want to do the quest when you start the macro. ie starting the macro with the command:
/mac loosescrew 10
will tell the macro to do the quest 10 times and stop.
/mac loosescrew 5
will tell the macro to do the quest 5 times and stop.
Good luck and remember there are no GM or PC checks in the macro so keep an eye on your map so you're not warping in front of people and get yourself reported.

/cast is the same as /Cast. Also, if you've got MQ2Cast loaded, /casting is even nicer.

/Saytarget makes this macro the win. lvl 76-80 in 1 day.

so this macro only warps you once?..and how does saytarget work...like hailing acrossed the zone?

!!!

IMO I think Magic should be awarded a prize!!! /smile

This is one of the better MACs (even know its so simple) I have seen in a while. THIS is the kinda stuiff I want to see and have.

Magic, are there any other faction tasks that we might be able to do something like this with?

THANKS MAGIC!!!

Jenn

Thanks for help! I wasnt sure if i had to make one of those "paint" files or something complicated, but as usual i have no idea how to do the simplest thing lol.

Now its just to see how long it takes to max faction lol

I have to laugh. On my server there almost looks like there is a waiting line at the NPC. I can just stand near him, any time of the day or night, and watch lots and lots of people pop in and out. At this rate you better get you faction before the task is nerfed. There are so many people doing it, it cannot last long....

O BTW, took me about 15 times to go from dubeous to Alli. Also the XP is pretty good, like 25% AA each time. Its prolly the XP that people are going for now. I'm done with it myself, though, because of its apparent noterity.