SOE Sued

Unfortunaltly, If your account becomes banned. Your fucked legally speaking.

You pay for the right to have a login, the account belongs to SOE. So when you fuck up by cheating, SOE still let you keep the login you paid for, its just useless, since you cannot login to a banned account.

EULA makes it quite clear that you do not under any circumstance own the account, Hence why account selling is illegal. Your selling something that isnt yours.

Would be nice though, i had a 2year sub on an account and it got banned 2 months in, but to be fair, i was GKing Solteris before any guilds on the server had downed 2gods. :D

By that logic couldn't you just say your selling the rights to your login? Which is yours....

By that logic couldn't you just say your selling the rights to your login? Which is yours....

Yes, you could easily sell a piece of paper with the login details on it to get round that part of the EULA. Only problem you have then, is that it could be banned for account sharing

Super necro post resurrection but I was going over my old posts and had to see how this one played out...

Court dismisses Sony disability lawsuit
A US District Court dismisses a disabled gamer's suit against Sony Corporation of America.

BY MARK LANGSHAW
27/02/2010

A US District Court has dismissed a disabled gamer's lawsuit against Sony Corporation of America, Game Politics reports.
According to court documents, plaintiff Alexander Stern alleged that his visual impairments prevent him from enjoying Sony titles as the studio does not cater for gamers with such disabilities.
Stern claimed that Sony is guilty of violating Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). However, the court ruled that Sony is not "a place of public accommodation", and therefore not liable in this instance.
The complaint, which was directed towards the MMO EverQuest, was filed last October. The trial took place in California on February 8.

Reactions: PeteyPablo