SO I was away from EQ for about.. oh 7 years. LOL

spin

Reaction score
I used to run a Wiz macro and Pete was just getting his Bot macro started IIRC, back when I was leaving and I had my Wiz macro well tuned to completely rip at level 100.

Well I came back and decided to give it a whirl and see if the macro runs and no. No... no it doesnt.

I am imagining a load of things have changed since then, and I do have all the latest versions of the software running.

Suggestion on a direction for those still using the macros? Is it better to spend a few days troubleshooting this macro? Which was a modded version of other macros to run really nice...
Or is it better to start over and just use Petes Bot macro?

I have macros for tank cleric wiz and ranger all were runnign smooth.. but yeah.

I can post the wiz one if it matters.

Thanks for any tips/advice on getting back in things.

Spin.

Great question. Spend time fixing old stuff you may remember or spend time learning the new hotness.

Wish I could offer real suggestions.

If you decide to fix your macros there were two major changes that broke spell_routines.inc ( and many others )

1 - Add "#pragma warning" to the top of your macro so it halts on undeclared variables.

2 - There were some changes to how sub parameter parsing occurs. Double check your input parameters on functions to see if they match what you are expecting.