Simplify Quest Turn-in

wwarwolf911

Reaction score
Here is how you make all your characters turn in an item.

1. Pick up the item you want to turn in on your main character
  2. Make a hotkey(1) below

/bct ${Group.Member[1]} //nomodkey /itemnotify "$\{FindItem[${Cursor.ID}]}" leftmouseup
/bct ${Group.Member[2]} //nomodkey /itemnotify "$\{FindItem[${Cursor.ID}]}" leftmouseup

/bct ${Group.Member[3]} //nomodkey /itemnotify "$\{FindItem[${Cursor.ID}]}" leftmouseup

/bct ${Group.Member[4]} //nomodkey /itemnotify "$\{FindItem[${Cursor.ID}]}" leftmouseup

/bct ${Group.Member[5]} //nomodkey /itemnotify "$\{FindItem[${Cursor.ID}]}" leftmouseup

unknown[1].png

1. Make a hotkey (2)

/bcaa //click left target

/pause 20

/bcaa //notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup

unknown[1].png

There might be an easier way to do this, but I’ve searched and asked. This is the only way I can get it to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm totally resurrecting this. This is a huge time saver for all the quests & tasks everyone is doing right now in CoV. Thanks!

Questions:
1) What does "/nomodkey" do?
2) Would /bcg or /bca //nomodkey /itemnotify "$\{FindItem[${Cursor.ID}]}" leftmouseup not work?

Last edited:
1) nomodkey ensures that if you are doing something else with your keyboard, and alt/ctrl/etc. is pushed, that the keypress you are sending makes sure they are not active.
2) Yes, I expect they were limiting it to the one group and making sure it was so, by using /bct. Using /bcga could be used for group all including self, or even /bcgza which I added to make it do for your own group that are in same zone only, including yourself (/bcgz same but excluding yourself).

As far as ack'ing the trade window, you could always just send //yes

htw

This is a perfect example of where having a helper macro to do things helps a lot. While not complete this is the rough outline of what an event might look like

Code:
#event Handin "#*# Hand in item [#1#] to [#2]"

Sub Event_Handin(string line,string item,string name)
   |-- Clear your cursor
   /if (${Cursor.ID}) /autoinv
   /if (${Cursor.ID}) /autoinv
   /nomodkey /itemnotify ${FindItem[${item}]}" leftmouseup
   /delay 1
   /if (!${Cursor.ID}) {
       /bc I could not find '${item}'
       /return
   }
   /target npc ${name}
   /delay 1
   /click left target
   /notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup
   |-- If we were invis we need to do this again
   /if (!${Window[GiveWnd].Open})    /notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup
   |-- If we failed 2x then we're too far away etc.
   /if (!${Window[GiveWnd].Open}) {
      /bc I could not trade with '${name}'
      /return
   }
   /if (!${Cursor.ID}) /bc I have turned in ${could not trade with '${name}'
/return

Then your hotkey looks like:

Code:
/bc Hand in item [${Cursor.Name}] to [${Target.Name}]

Last edited: