Should marijuana be legal?

I also think it should be legalized. I have been around alcoholics and pot heads my entire life, and can state without reservation that the first, second and third hand effects of alcohol are ten thousand times worse than cannabis.

Just based on simple logic I cant see how on earth you can make alcohol legal but for some arbitrary reason cannabis illegal. Makes zero sense to me.

I also think it should be legalized. I have been around alcoholics and pot heads my entire life, and can state without reservation that the first, second and third hand effects of alcohol are ten thousand times worse than cannabis.

Just based on simple logic I cant see how on earth you can make alcohol legal but for some arbitrary reason cannabis illegal. Makes zero sense to me.

Well how about because you drink a beer, you are the only one getting drunk, you smoke a joint and the guy sitting next to you gets stoned too. I almost wasn't allowed in the Army because I was around someone smoking a joint 2 weeks before I went to sign up and have my physical.
Guy who was my best friend for most of grade school, I didn't want to hang around anymore after he started MJ in 7th grade cause he became more aggressive and not just when stoned. Really changed his personallity for the worse. Some guys need a warning label 'instant asshole just add alcohol' but when sober (the few I know anyway) are pretty decent guys.

Alexandra said:
Yes, I am not a smoker or a drug user. I've always thought it should be legal, it's a natural herb and I find it much less damaging than alcohol. You can't overdose on it, it's just honestly a lot less dangerous, it never really made sense to me that it was illegal.

You can OD on MJ, one of my cousins and his GF decided to put some in brownies, when nothing happened a few min after eating the first brownie they thought it was a myth you could get stoned that way and proceeded to eat too many brownies. They were lucky as my cousin was able to call 911 and didn't join his GF passed out on the floor. Paramedic were also able to get out of him enough to understand about the brownies so the doctors knew what was happening and how to treat them. They did get to a hospital and treated in time, but it was close.

how exactly were they in danger? lowered heart rate? did they go in shock or something?

I'd love to hear the specifics. or better yet how they made it in the first place and if they put something in it that shouldn't have been in there.

Last edited:
i been drinking all night i can barelyt type this fuck. gunnna go to bed now.

/whistle

Last edited:
the biggest reason it has not been legalized is the crime and punishment industry and the huge profits gleened from destroying lives. over a million Americans in prison for non violent crimes while true threats get let out to make room. it cost nearly $200 a day each to house them.

smoke is not a prefect delivery system but but done with a water device packed as a 1 hitter is minimally harmful. nicotine in tobacco paralyzes cilia for up to two months after you stop smoking and they do not recover completely in a year I recently stopped smoking pot to clear my lungs for an operation. cilia were moving nicely in less than a day and all the discoloration and taste was gone in about 3 weeks with no stress from addiction withdrawal that make tobacco harder to kick than heroin alcohol or cocaine

they hypocrites that claim to support states rights denied the states the right to make this decision buy popular vote

finally the only way to stop the violence of the cartels is to attack their income

it is way past time to legalize it

I hate marijuana with an unholy passion. That shit needs to be wiped from the face of the earth. I have personally seen it destroy 3 marriages, end 4 peoples careers that they had spent years building, and rip apart 2 families. Not to mention it's not something that only affects you when you are doing it, unless you do it in a fucking box and the smoke never goes anywhere. No. I don't think it should be legalized. Ever.

Well how about because you drink a beer, you are the only one getting drunk, you smoke a joint and the guy sitting next to you gets stoned too. I almost wasn't allowed in the Army because I was around someone smoking a joint 2 weeks before I went to sign up and have my physical.
Guy who was my best friend for most of grade school, I didn't want to hang around anymore after he started MJ in 7th grade cause he became more aggressive and not just when stoned. Really changed his personallity for the worse.

You answered your own question, just like with second hand smoke, if you dont like it, stay in places where its not allowed and dont hang around with people who do it. Thats pretty simple really.

As for your bro that turned "aggressive" on cannabis, either you very confused about the actual source of his new found aggression or he is the one in a billion person have enhanced aggression on cannabis. Are you sure weed was all he was on?

I hate marijuana with an unholy passion. That shit needs to be wiped from the face of the earth. I have personally seen it destroy 3 marriages, end 4 peoples careers that they had spent years building, and rip apart 2 families. Not to mention it's not something that only affects you when you are doing it, unless you do it in a fucking box and the smoke never goes anywhere. No. I don't think it should be legalized. Ever.

Alot of passion on this topic! I think you might focusing on the weed as some kind of evil entity instead of the actual problem that your talking about which is....addiction.

With any addiction your going to see all the same effects that you have witnessed in your friends who have lost family, friends, and careers to their weed addiction.

I have heard plenty of stories of EQ addicts that lost their spouses, jobs, and even their homes because of their addiction. Its the same song and dance weather your talking about EQ, Gambling, Alcohol or Marijuana addiction. The addict gets to the point where the only thing that matters in their lives is the focus of their addiction and everything else is going to suffer as a consequence.

Im curious about what kind of experiences you have had in your life with alcohol addiction in your friends and family? What are you views on alcohol addiction versus marijuana addiction?

I have family members who are alcoholics and I dont want to be within a 100 miles of them while their drinking (or any other time really). I also have friends and family members who use marijuana and honestly, they're all super relaxed and enjoyable to be around, high or not. I'd still take the pot heads over the raging alcoholics any day of the week.

the prohibition destroys far more lives, families and careers the pot will.

In viet nam I came to hate guns with an unholy passion.

again in viet nam I became addicted to morphine and when the army stop supplying it I cruchted on opium
I have been addicted to both booze and tobacco and I had dt's and serious problems kicking all those.
I have been a heavy pot smoker most of the last 40 years and have had occasion to stop several time WITHOUT EVER HAVING ANY WITHDRAWAL.
I question your virulent hatred and your "personal experience" and i do not believe there is any test accurant enough to detect second hand smoke after 2 weeks

I've seen cheeseburgers destroy more lives than MJ.

I'd be curious myself how anyone could overdose on pot brownies. You'd think you'd get sick from the excess sugar, fat and calories before the MJ could render you unconscious! I wonder if the pot had been laced with something else, which is one of the dangers of using contraband narcotics.

I've worked with and employed both alcoholics and potheads and I'd tend to agree that alkies are worse. But bottom line if I had to pick a cardiologist to do open heart surgery on me I'd probably lean more toward the surgeon who has a few glasses of wine with his dinner than one who smokes joints every night. The alcohol effect wears off quicker and, frankly, I think it has less of a long-term impact on brain function. Altho it's no doubt the absolute truth that long-term alcohol abuse is very destructive, indeed frequently fatal, while long-term marijuana abuse wreaks mayhem on a person's intellect but usually not their body all that much.

Actually, I'd go with the teetotaler cardiologist, if I could do a background investigation before surgery!

I'd be curious myself how anyone could overdose on pot brownies. You'd think you'd get sick from the excess sugar, fat and calories before the MJ could render you unconscious! I wonder if the pot had been laced with something else, which is one of the dangers of using contraband narcotics.

I've worked with and employed both alcoholics and potheads and I'd tend to agree that alkies are worse. But bottom line if I had to pick a cardiologist to do open heart surgery on me I'd probably lean more toward the surgeon who has a few glasses of wine with his dinner than one who smokes joints every night. The alcohol effect wears off quicker and, frankly, I think it has less of a long-term impact on brain function. Altho it's no doubt the absolute truth that long-term alcohol abuse is very destructive, indeed frequently fatal, while long-term marijuana abuse wreaks mayhem on a person's intellect but usually not their body all that much.

Actually, I'd go with the teetotaler cardiologist, if I could do a background investigation before surgery!

Haha! You bring up a couple good points in there SiegeTank, first of all, a big problem with MJ being illegal is exactly as you said, you have no idea what kind of production standards your dealing with when it comes to the end product that people are buying. With alcohol being legal, the FDA sets the standard so you theoretically shouldn't end up with a beer that has Acid in it. You CAN, however, end up with some weed that has Acid in it! Bad day.

Your other point...the case of the functional alcoholic. Im sure there are some Cardiologists out there that you dont want operating on you UNLESS they have had a couple drinks first to get themselves "straight". rofl I'v heard a few stories of our old Vietnam Huey pilots where the Crew Chiefs didnt want to fly with them while they were 100% sober! lol

What IS the reason they haven't? Is it just cause it will cost jobs? Or because bought and paid for politicians don't want their owners to lose out on income? Surely in Nicedreamsbt it'd be a good thing.

I feel in a way that one of the reasons it hasn't been done is the prescription drug companies would lose their asses on it.

Guy who was my best friend for most of grade school, I didn't want to hang around anymore after he started MJ in 7th grade cause he became more aggressive and not just when stoned. Really changed his personallity for the worse.

As for your bro that turned "aggressive" on cannabis, either you very confused about the actual source of his new found aggression or he is the one in a billion person have enhanced aggression on cannabis. Are you sure weed was all he was on?

Yes, he was on something else. It's called testosterone, and it comes from puberty.

And that tainted product is one of my primary concerns. Alcohol produced during prohibition was often not made correctly or contained metal from the distilling process, and in some cases was outright poison. Starting in December 1926, the US government even purposely poisoned base components without telling bootleggers that resulted in many deaths.

By removing the creation and distribution of anything from criminal elements, you've already solved a large portion of the resulting problems. No more tainted products making people sick. No more need to interact with criminals that are possibly conducting other crimes such as illegal arms trade or human trafficking or worse. A large income is removed from those organizations and it immediately removes their sources of money in the US.

If someone wants pot or other drugs right now, they can go get it if they try hard enough. At least if the drug(s) is legal, they know what they are getting and dont have to interact with shady characters. Plus all the aforementioned costs savings for prison, etc.

So I talked to my cousin and I was mistaken about how serious it was. He and his GF were 16 at the time and the doc and their parents were giving em a scare em straight routine. She passed out just as a result of never having never tried it before and got too much, just one of those rare people that happens too, but as it was if left alone she woulda woke up been sick and eventually recovered. My cousin didn't pass out but was really sick and thought he was gonna die....which just made the doctors tellin him he's lucky easier for him to belive. All of this though he only found out after he was out of college and his GF's parents finally told her the truth.
So technically it was an overdose, but as neither of them had any serious heart condition, it wasn't life threatening as they were led to belive.

So I talked to my cousin and I was mistaken about how serious it was. He and his GF were 16 at the time and the doc and their parents were giving em a scare em straight routine. She passed out just as a result of never having never tried it before and got too much, just one of those rare people that happens too, but as it was if left alone she woulda woke up been sick and eventually recovered. My cousin didn't pass out but was really sick and thought he was gonna die....which just made the doctors tellin him he's lucky easier for him to belive. All of this though he only found out after he was out of college and his GF's parents finally told her the truth.
So technically it was an overdose, but as neither of them had any serious heart condition, it wasn't life threatening as they were led to belive.

I called it! ;). home girl just needed to sleep it off. Major side effects may include: giggles, cotton mouth, munchies, and the dreaded sleepies!.

I have been to rehab for alcohol and we discussed pot. MJ does not have any lasting side effects. if you stop everything heals back. They had pictures of brain scans on the wall that we talked about. This was not your avrg rehab btw it was in scotland and it was very nice lol.

Also my father was a long time mj smoker and he has worked for JPL and on projects such as the mars rover. He is a smart man. He now works in kuwait and does not smoke anymore that i know of but pot does not destory the brain worse then alcohol.