Server Merger INI fix

Xeniaz

MQ2 Guru
Reaction score
For those of you affected by the server merger and need a solution so you don't have to manually rename all of your INI files from both the everquest directories and also MQ2 directory, use the attached program.

Note, this program will also rename files in subdirectories that match the search string..

Instructions, run the program, and then select the directory to start the replacements in.. In the second text box, add the string to search for... aka your old server, then in the third box put the replacement term... your new server... Then hit scan.

Any problems, please post them here so I can make the changes needed to fix it.

Attachments

• MassFileRename.exe
    11.5 KB · Views: 32
Worked great for me!

Just to note for those of you who don't know the new short name for your server, here is a quick way to find it.

Log in a character, type /log, go to your eq\logs folder look for the new log file for the character you typed /log on. It will have your new server short name in it.

nice, thanks, worked good except for the ones i tried changing myself before this came out fml!

nice, thanks, worked good except for the ones i tried changing myself before this came out fml!

If the ones you tried changing yourself are all named the same way, use the second text field there for the string to search for... the part of the filename that isn't correct, and then in the third put in what to replace it with.
As an example, you have several files named like this
character_servername.ini
obviously servername is the part that's not correct right now
so in the second field you'd put in servername, then in the third you'd put in newservername. This program will take the specified folder and search for all occurrences of the specified string in the filenames, but will also check all of the subfolders as well. This isn't specific to EQ, it's just a more generic mass file renaming program I wrote while dealing with about 100,000 songs that had messed up names.