Seru

kellzmag

Reaction score
I guess this is more of a vent thread but I have checked my tracker everyday since I've been back in the game(about 2 months) to no avail. Are people really still camping Lord Inquisitor Seru at this frequency? If so what the hell for? The only thing worth a damn is the mount and with it being no drop it seems like it would be a pain in the ass.

So... with that being said, does anyone have a suggestion on a way to find out when/if he spawns so that I can maybe beat this person to the punch?

Some of the gear is no min level and that makes it super twink gear. I guess some players have nothing better to do than twink up alts.

Yeah, true enough... I was just thinking maybe people were pre-negotiating loot rights on the mount. I guess if you wanted to play a toon and not level them past like 50 the gear would be pretty sweet. Still... Any suggestions on how to beat this guy?

Only 2 ways I know of to beat him.

The first is going old school and actually staying there the entire time.
Very few folks will choose this option LOL.

The other way is to have a char sit in the zone with mq2pop and an event.
The event can be a rather loud sound or if you go lifetime you can send yourself a text message. Or even some other logging method.
You may not beat the guy on that spawn but you will have a timer.

If your looking to avoid suspicion about a char being logged in 24/7 you can rotate guys every 4-8 hours and make sure the char is high enough level and a tracking class. With free to play they even made it easy to have chars on different accounts to swap in and out. (Helpful mainly to avoid losing a few min logging in and out)

I use this method for timers sometimes on named that are highly sought after like Seru.

Reactions: EQDAB
I still do Seru on and off for level 20 twink gear. Took me a long time to get his timer. What I wound up doing was leveling a monk to 17 or 18 and FD right at Seru. I would just check back now and then for his emotes when someone aggroed him and narrowed it down that way. Because he is 3 days +/- 12 hours, it can be pretty difficult to lock it down.

I didn't even think about MQ2pop. Still re-familiarizing with everything I guess haha, thanks I will try this!

Will pick zone works on those mobs? Do they pop up on new picked zone or server reboot?

Not sure on live, but they did spawn in picks on tlps. Although is about to be unneeded as Agents of Change are being added to all servers, so can spawn them once a week.

Reactions: dongbart
Not sure on live, but they did spawn in picks on tlps. Although is about to be unneeded as Agents of Change are being added to all servers, so can spawn them once a week.
Thx for the info. Where can I find detailed info about the "agent of change"? on allakhazam there only loc info, did not mention how to use them or the limiting.
Does spawn them once a week means one everquest account can force them spawn once per week? So I can spawn them tons of time every day since I have tons of tons?

And do those agents share the same block time? or 1 week is for each one of the agents?

Agents of Change will give the appropriate responses to create a dz instance when you hail them. For most, /say wish to start the dz, then /say ready to go in, but in velious a few aoc's are set to cover multiple zones. They have lockouts listed in the same alt z expedition window for time/god/oow. Generally, they have a 6.5 day lockout for trash loot, a 3 day replay timer (does normally go up to the 6.5 hours if you kill certain mobs), and then 6.5 day lockout for any named you kill. Named are limited to those mobs that get motm on tlp servers as that is the tag that forces them to spawn. Unlike the other expedition based dz, they do give lockouts to every character on the same server/account as the character who is in the dz. There are some zones that are too large to clear out in the 6 hour time limit of a dz, those zones act differently for their lockouts, although the trash loot lockout does generally still hold. I do think they removed keys from the trash loot lockout for vt so that you can still get the keys, and I think the trash that spawns is based on which named are still left to kill so that you don't have to reclear trash for each of the wings. Some of the lockouts get triggered when you start an event, such as Cursed cycle in ssra starts when you kill one of the 10 taskmasters/warden/rhozeths.

You can spawn a aoc dz with offline chars. I have done so with 5 chars from the same account to avoid getting the lockout on other accounts cause i needed to do a hand in and wanted to make sure I would only have to leave 1 char out if i got time to go do something in that dz.

I will try to answer any other questions yall have. They are fairly straight forward, but there are lots of annoyances with them. Server crashes after you have killed the first trash mob. That zones could easily be on a 2.5 day replay lockout and 6.5 day replay timer. Go to the aoc in ew, accidently request sleeper's tomb instead of kael, you either do st then or eat the 2.5 day replay timer even though you kicked everyone out of the dz before it was actually available to enter.

Reactions: dongbart