Self-medicating ADHD adults

MissTerious

Lifetime member
Reaction score
Most of you use caffeine to enhance your focus. It only lasts 4 hours though and bothers my stomach.

Today, I woke up early with horrible pain from my abscessed tooth. Took my antibiotics, prednisone and a sudafed. After lunch, I was getting all these papers sorted and summarized. So productive! I was so proud of myself. I said, "I' did so well! It's like I was on Adderall!" Then, I remembered, 12 hour sudafed. (Yep. 120mg.)

I'm glad you did well !

I have taking Sudafed because it really gets my heart racing and I hate that feeling.

Most of you use caffeine to enhance your focus. It only lasts 4 hours though and bothers my stomach.

Today, I woke up early with horrible pain from my abscessed tooth. Took my antibiotics, prednisone and a sudafed. After lunch, I was getting all these papers sorted and summarized. So productive! I was so proud of myself. I said, "I' did so well! It's like I was on Adderall!" Then, I remembered, 12 hour sudafed. (Yep. 120mg.)
I try to take as little as I can of anything including caffeine, you adjust and are better without it. All of theses things hurt you in one way or another, I would rather not end my days with liver or kidney disease.
I think most meds today are designed to kill us over time :) Ingredients from China. But I am a suspicious type!

Reactions: MissTerious
It's true. Using stimulants is like borrowing energy from the future. I have tachycardia most of the time anyway and stimulants don't make it that much worse. But it does catch up to you and we're all old now... 🙃

Reactions: MamaBear
Being regular cardio exercise can have the same affect (although I hate exercising).