Scammer ALERT

Zekgod16

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Ok so yesterday I see a guy posting an account in the game. Saying this. "WTS lvl 85 Accounts, have to pay my rent." Yes I"m foolish so I bit. So after everything is said and done I purchased his Zerker. Which was supposedly 27khp or so unbuffed. Ok then he tells me he is transferring the character to the server I requested. He gives me all the account information and he messed up because he gives me his email address and password. So now I can check all of the email addressed he has used for Paypal and for these scams. Btw way his name is David Cooper and the paypal account he uses is under John Dahone. He is some military fuck that has been doing this for a while. His email is Bubba2k12345@yahoo.com and he just adds a number on it for new accounts. IE: Bubba2k12345,6,7,8 Etc. Well anyways he's been doing this for a while. He gave me his password to his Bubba2k email address and I figured out all of the other ones. He owes Paypal about $2000 and he is still going somehow. He has a ton of chargebacks but I guess he's making money of some. Well my stupidity I bought the account so I got back and check all his email addresses and he had just made the account that I bought, from the account information he gave me. So anyways just keep a heads up if you see some lowlife jarhead selling shit in the game to "pay his rent or bills." Saying his power is going out etc. His AIM name atm is Eminem2k2 also. Oh and for the fun of it his email password is "gowest." Have fun with that. A lot of personal information about him in there also. Lol. That's bubba2k12345678@yahoo.com is the paypal email he used.

Well dude if you can read this shouldn't have tried to fuck w/ me.

Zekgod16

Hey guys,
Ok so yesterday I see a guy posting an account in the game. Saying this. "WTS lvl 85 Accounts, have to pay my rent." Yes I"m foolish so I bit.

That should have been your first hint to not buy the account. Who would ever buy an account from somebody in-game. May seem harsh but I dont feel bad for you at all, just stupid buying an account from somebody in-game advertising to sell accounts.

True

Yeh your right it was a dumb move on my part. I should have known better. Just giving ya'll a heads up though. In case this guy is on egaming or something.

Zekgod16

Sorry to hear about being scammed. Anyways what server was he trying to sell on? Just wondering if he's trying all servers or just yours.

All Servers

He was selling on all servers. Said he has #12 Warrior in Game and #20 Zerker. Kagean and Kilhugh one was on Luclin and one on Maelin. He played it will. Asking for my phone number etc.

He has done this many times before I noticed from email accounts when I read his emails.

Zekgod16

Can move post

Yes administrator can move this post. Sorry if I put it in the wrong forums. Was just trying to make sure everyone knew about this guy. So it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Thanks

Zekgod16

dear soe yes i sell accounts please tell me just what are you going to do to stop me have a nice day retards

--- On Sun, 3/1/09, SOE Customer Support <soesupport@soe.sony.com> wrote:

Subject: EverQuest: Stromm: Account / Character selling [Incident: 090301-001643]
To: bubba2k12345@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 5:45 PM

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 1 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
EverQuest: Stromm: Account / Character selling

Discussion Thread
Response (GM Anuhadu) 03/01/2009 05:45 PM
Greetings,

This is Senior GM Anuhadu of Sony Online Entertainment. It has come to my attention that the account station named; bubba2k12345678 is attempting to sell characters for real world currency. This email is to inform you that this behavior is against the End User License Agreement and further attempts to any characters can result in a suspension of your account with review for cancellation.

I have included a copy of our End User License Agreement for your review. If you have any questions you can see the entire EULA at: http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=16210

BY PRESSING THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON, YOU ACCEPT THE AMENDMENT TO THE USER AGREEMENT AND SOFTWARE LICENSE BELOW. BY PRESSING THE "DECLINE" BUTTON, YOU DECLINE OUR OFFER, IN WHICH CASE YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR RETAILER REGARDING ITS RETURN POLICY FOR THE EVERQUEST CD-ROM. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact customer service at eqmail@soe.sony.com eqmail@soe.sony.com>.
Auction or Sale of Characters, Items and Coin

We have consistently advised all players -- through newsgroup postings and otherwise -- that selling items and/or coin is inappropriate game play. In addition to violating our agreement, selling or auctioning accounts, characters, items and/or coin violates our legal rights and may constitute misappropriation, interference with our contract with the users who quit in frustration, and tarnishes the goodwill in the EverQuest name. The User Agreement and Software License, which you choose to affirmatively accept every time you reenter the game, prohibits the sale of accounts, characters, items and/or coin -- whether by auction (e.g. eBay) or otherwise. The User Agreement, in sections 1 and 7, prohibits the transfer of an EverQuest account and software, and in sections 6 and 10 prohibits, among other things, game play which is inappropriate and actions which place an unreasonably large load on our infrastructure. Sections 7 and 8 of this Agreement provide that we own all property rights in the game, subject to your license to play the game.

To further emphasize these points, effective immediately, the following language shall be added to the end of section 9 of the User Agreement and as a section in the EverQuest rules of conduct: "You may not sell or auction any EverQuest characters, items, coin or copyrighted material."

Sincerely;

Senior GM Anuhadu
In-Game CSR - EverQuest
Sony Online Entertainment

Question Reference #090301-001643
Product Level 1: EverQuest
Product Level 2: General
Category Level 1: Community Standards
Category Level 2: Spam / Advertising
Date Created: 03/01/2009 05:39 PM
Last Updated: 03/01/2009 05:45 PM
Server: Stromm
Race/Species:
Class/Profession:
Level:
Guild/Association:

Character Name
Caddilee

HOLY SHIT!! I have him on my AIM buddy list because I almost bought a mage from him a year ago.... WOW!

He is some military fuck...

Zek, it does indeed seem that you have encountered a true asshole scumbag and we do appreciate the heads up on it here.

I know your pissed as hell right now with this guy, but that "some military fuck" statement sounds to my ears like your clumping all of us that serve and have served in the Armed Forces together in a real negative way. There are a ton of Military guys on this site fyi and most of them great people.

So, be pissed, get the word out, but check yourself on misguided shotgun blast.

Zek, it does indeed seem that you have encountered a true asshole scumbag and we do appreciate the heads up on it here.

I know your pissed as hell right now with this guy, but that "some military fuck" statement sounds to my ears like your clumping all of us that serve and have served in the Armed Forces together in a real negative way. There are a ton of Military guys on this site fyi and most of them great people.

So, be pissed, get the word out, but check yourself on misguided shotgun blast.

I must agree - there is a lot of men/women who are GREAT people in the Armed Forces. I am very happy you did not get scammed!! Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks

Stoneface

Sorry!!

Hey everyone,

Just getting back with ya'll. Want to apologize if I sounded like I was talking bad about any military. I happen to have family in the military and friends. That comment was not meant for anyone but the guy that scammed me. Sorry if anyone else thought different. I thank everyone of the Armed Forces individuals that have served our country deeply. Please do not take my comment the wrong way. Just please watch out for this guy. Don't want others to suffer either.

Thank ya'll
ZekGod16

Found out this guy just scammed another person for $220.00. I emailed her and she get free legal council. So maybe she can bust this guy for his scamming. Hope Paypal will give me my money back. Who knows.

Bump.

Unless you received something in the mail and the paypal transaction was listed as a tangible good, then you most likely will not get your money back. PayPal does not protect the sale of virtual items.

You could try talking to your bank account. However, if your bank account does a reversal, PayPal will give you a negative balance and hound you to pay it back. That's from a personal experience. :(

And if you dont pay back the negative balance they will freeze the account after about 12 months. They give all kinds of threats but it is all B.S. ignore it all and make a new account using your middle name as your first name.

well, i have never and would never send rl $ to any one advertising in game, however i have "bit" a few times when some one was giving away accounts.
it usally went something like....
playerx says: im quitting everquest any one want my account?
i /tell playerx: lol i bet your getting swamped with tells for a free account ..
playerx says: nope, your the only one who responded.
i /tell players: well if your really quitting ill take it off your hands.
playerX says: ok have fun with the account its now yours, account name = XXXXXXXX password = yyyyyyyy
i /tell playerx: thanks man
/players is not online

so what the heck i log into the account ... its already been stripped of sellable stuff ... but had a max lvl toon (65 druid at the time) and nearly a full month of play time left. so i figured what the heck if it was a stolen account i wont change any thing for a while and see if its gets ganked... better part of that month went by and nothing ... i then change the pw and payment and played it for another month. then i gave the account to the gf of a friend (rl and in game). they still have that account to this day. ... 4~ years later ..

then later i did almost exactly the same thing and got the account my gf played and i once again have taken over as my box..

sorry for the long post but i wanted to share some of my experiences with in game character ..well trading i guess as it wasnt selling, and change the tone from chargeback this, scam that, legal action all arround ...

Please fix -

First - fix your original post. It is illegal to publish email account information without the permission of the owner.

Second - I am glad you posted - I ALWAYS /report adds in game.

Lastly - I feel your pain. But see above - really.

First - fix your original post. It is illegal to publish email account information without the permission of the owner.

depends on where he is at! I bet he is in the Congo!