SafeGank.mac

Reaction score
Move to itemtarget you specify for the zone by walking to it... pick it up... move on to the next item.

has a GMCheck
CheckForPCs
PluginCheck
invismenow section

define the invis spell you use if you don't have group perfected invisibility aa.. or using it in an undead zone.

uses no active hacks.

specific itemdrop values removed.. you must add your own for each zone.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissTerious
Looks pretty awesome. I was beginning to wonder when someone would find a non-active work around for that macro.

@Fry: Give this man a cookie! Or a handy. Whichever is easier for you! lol

Thanks for the vote of confidence Dulak.

The only problems I have encountered so far is I don.t have a method in place for strafing left or right around large objects that are in direct blocking path to the itemtarget.

and TUNNELS are NOT your friend for this macro.

Large open zones are.

If someone can improve this with a good straffing sub... to move around objects that are blocking you.. that would rock.

Don't have the time atm to adapt the hunter.mac moveto.inc

You could also utilize Mq2Navigation depending on the zone. That will path around objects "relatively" well.

This was something I have been looking for. I did not feel like picking up drops in North Kaladim all day for brewing. I downloaded and edited the script to pick up "Strange Dark Fungus" and "Underfoot Mushroom". My only problem is that once the script has picked up all the ground spawns it will move to the nearby Brewing Barrel and target it over and over. The script will not move back and pick up the items when they respawn.

Question why is it targeting the brew barrel? I looked through the script do not see anywhere why it should target the TS station. Any guess?

My guess is that if it cannot find a groundspawn of the name requested it will target the nearest item-spawn (TS containers count as item spawns I believe). It will then move to it and try to pick it up...

Reactions: MissTerious
Any guess on how to edit to only pick up the items requested and nothing else?

Any guess on how to edit to only pick up the items requested and nothing else?

I have a good guess about it, but would have to tweak it when I get home from work this evening. TreeHugginDruid might beat me to it though if he's got it figured out. Would just have to set a /if statement to look for a ground spawn (or check current item target) vs the desired item and then either hold loop and wait for respawn or go get it.

Any luck with an update :)

Sorry, bad weather last night kept me occupied...

I can try writing a fix while at work, but having not run the macro myself and not being able to test the fix before posting it I'm not sure how well it would work.

Do not worry about doing it while at work. I did send you the code changes and would be greatful for an update when you have time. Your issues with the weather is why I live in AZ now :) Sucks to be able to wear shorts in Dec/Jan...

Gotta make this fast.....

1) If you want it to PAUSE and not END the macro ... to pause after it finds the last valid groundspawn itemtarget you are hunting.... change:

Code:
#Event EndIt        "#*#Couldn't find #*# to target.#*#"
|#Event Pause       "#*#Couldn't find #*# to target.#*#"

to

Code:
|#Event EndIt        "#*#Couldn't find #*# to target.#*#"
#Event Pause       "#*#Couldn't find #*# to target.#*#"

2) If it is targetting a tradeskill container... you are not specifying the zone shortname/varset for GankItem correctly.

I left an example format of how to add / what to add.

Code:
|  example:
|  /if (${Zone.ShortName.Equal[permafrost]})        /varset GankItem "Drop12345"
Code:
/if (${Zone.ShortName.Equal[???]})   /varset GankItem "???"

If you specify the varset conditional like properly... it should NEVER be attempting to target ANYTHING except the exact drop name.

Drop items for groundspawns start with Drop .. and have a 5 digit id number for the specific ground spawn... a seperator.. and a number for the exact groundspawn NUMBER.

Drop11912/333 equals... Drop item number 11912 ... ( Some specific item name ) .... 333 is the 333rd item spawn of that particular groundspawn item. number can be anything from 001 to 999 theortetically... but since we don't care what the actual number of the epcific item is itself.. and can do partial name recognition in the target.... simply defining:

/varset GankItem "Drop11912" is all you need to do.

Use the conditional line provided as an example to set the item based on the zone shortname.

If there are MULTIPLE different groundspawns you want from the SAME zone... then you need to alter the code to setup and array and a for/next loop array for the cycle.

Can I do that for you.. YES.. will I.. NO... not devoting more time to this... its a simple mac and want to keep it that way. And I might have already shot myself in the foot by releasing it... because I'm not finding any of the groundspawns i normally hunt on my server anymore... they repop every 1 to 2 hours ( the entire cycle set )... and been seeing them not available for hours... with OTHERS in zone.. walking around aimlessly.. stopping.. turning... then moving to a new location... HMMM... seems awefuly familiar to me for some reason.. ( lol ).

If i were you... i'd grab it now... and hold onto it like gold... cause I am debating taking it down at this moment.

Last edited:
Yeah .... people on my server are using it for sure....

say bye bye

If someone else reposts this or uploads an attachement file for it... that I can not prevent.

Last edited: