Rogue not assisting

Artemus

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have a heroic rogue I'm trying to level and he just stands around. I've set his XTarget to main tank target, but this fills the MMObugs window

f4h65f.jpg

the only thing I can suggest is a while back I had to make sure my sneak attack disk was disabled in mq2melee if it wasn't he would stand there doing nothing like he was looking at boobs or something. I figure you guys have tried that though..wish I could help more

its not just you, I have that as well , something changed recently w out an actual patch of any kind.

Im sure were all gonna have to be patient for a few days and it will settle down :)

Can someone confirm when this started happening?

The only thing that has changed recently with MQ2Bot was AuraCheck on August 28th, or did it start happening with the patch on September 15th?

Just to clarify, it technically does get the proper target, but it, for some reason, doesn't engage auto-attack, despite attack on assist being turned on. If I engage auto-attack manually, everything proceeds as expected-- it makes me think it's something related to snaproll.

Still doing it.

Trying to debug it now.

Not sure exactly but when a rogue engages it tries to get behind the mob which is technically correct, but never gets the report back from MoveUtils to actual fire the strike disc.

Not sure exactly but when a rogue engages it tries to get behind the mob which is technically correct, but never gets the report back from MoveUtils to actual fire the strike disc.

I too was having an issue with move utils occasionally while running pull.mac

Sometimes on the returntocamp sub it would say it was returning, but then fail to do so, only standing their attacking. Perhaps it's moveutils related? Note, this doesn't occur when using MQ2Nav for moving around. Though I'm told now that my macro is "broken" by at least one person since the update. I haven't had a chance to check it out.

MQ2Melee::Assassinate Script gets a report back that says Moving=FALSE, Immobile=TRUE.

End Script.

Attaching the screenshot of the log.

Attachments

• Untitled picture.png
    Untitled picture.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 31
Bump: Still an issue :(

I won't load up another image since it's the same thing that's already been posted.

It looks like with mq2bot turned on, and mq2melee turned on it errors. If you're hidden, and sneaking, it will spam that error to the screen. When you /plugin mq2bot unload, it walks up to the mob and starts attacking it as if the bot were on for that mob, then breaks again.

Last edited:
still getting the error on rogue with not assisting and snap roll as per original post

still getting the error on rogue with not assisting and snap roll as per original post
still the only fix inside mq2bot is to change /killthis to /attack on as your AttackCommand. I am going through some plugins adding API extensions but havent made it to mq2melee to possibly interact directly with the rogues sneak attack. /killthis basically doesnt work for rogues and we arent sure why.

I turned off assassinate and it got my rogue to function correctly again. /mq2melee assassinate=0

When it's on, it makes him freeze forever unless I manually turn attack on. When it's off it works fine

something to add

iam having the same issue turning off ass didnt make any difference however, if i type /bot off my rog will then run up to the target and begin attacking as normal

bot tries to assassinate as well

the problem you are all having is that for a rogue to use opening strike (assasinate line) it needs to be hidden AND out of combat

unless you are only killing 1 mob once in a while this is not practical

take what ever measures needed to not use this disc especially in a fast pace grp

for bot for example find said disc for rogue and then do an if command and set it to 0

i dont see anywhere to turn off spec discs / aa's in the ini

I was able to help him fix it.

as of now, all seems OK!