request: mq2copy/mq2clipboard

burntbulb

Lifetimer
Reaction score
i had an idea for a plugin, any one know if one exists already? eq allows you to paste from the clipboard to an eqchat window (not set by default) but not to copy from it. would be nice to have a plugin that could provide this functionality. it could be called something like mq2copy or mq2clipboard ... the idea would be to allow you to copy the last line or lines of specificed type from the eq logfile.
commands could be /copygu (/cgu), /copyg (/cg), /copyrs (/crs), or even /copygu3 for coppying the last 3 lines from /gu chat time stamp and all so that it looks like you took it right from the log file manualy.
another function could be /copyweblink (/cw) or /cweb) to copy the last webpage address posted in an eq window.

I don't mean to sound negative, but is there some reason you can't open your log file and do exactly that with regular old copy/clipboard?

Otherwise, I imagine brainiac could come up with something, he has a thread for plugin ideas.

i have log on all the time ... even tho i back up my log every so often it gets rather large. opening that file can take a while some times.. and besides isnt most of what we do by cheating/macroing simply automating mundane tasks? making the game easier ...?