Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100% If you think this is criminal call the police. Just make sure you record the entire interaction and post it on here so we have something to laugh about.

• Haha
Reactions: EQDAB and McNukkah
Due to the MQ64 vs MQNext fight, they both didn't want to release the test server source to help the other side. We got stuck in the middle of it and had no preparation time to work on it. We got the source code three days before it hit live which wasn't enough time. In hindsight we really needed a month with source to have things ready. I thought the timeframe wasn't going to be a huge deal, we would only need a few days just like any other patch, but the changes required way more re-coding than expected.

At this time my main focus is getting a release out as fast as possible. Responding to this post is taking away time I should be using on debugging plugin crashes, so please just be patient. With that all said once we have a release out and you are unhappy, please shoot me a private message and I will be more than happy to refund you whatever you wish. I'm not here to piss anyone off or make people upset, I am working as fast as I can to get a fix out for the cards handed to us.

None of us are having any fun since this patch hit. My wife is pissed about me for spending all my time on the computer lately which sucks. I know there is more of you pissed off with not having MQ properly working so I'll grind her faction later. I am really sorry for the downtime. I know you guys can't see it, but things are progressing. It's just going to take time to get something reasonable to release that isn't going to make people crash all the time. For the time being, please use the basic releases in the notice at top of page.

I am really sorry for the prolonged downtime. I do feel like I've let everyone down.

Fry , If you ever need a toon to "test" with that I don't care about if it gets banned, shoot me a tell I have 9 accounts

I hesitate to jump into the mix here, but I would ask everyone to remain calm and not add fuel to this thread.

The more drama here, the less coding gets done.

For those who are long time MQ users you may remember when it was not uncommon for it to take 1-2 weeks for IEatAcid to get the core working after an expansion added some new features to the client. Even the monthly patches took a day or two to get fixed up.

We really have gotten spoiled having a compile ready a couple hours after the client goes live.

I was thinking the same thing. Many have gotten spoiled with how fast they get a compile released now days. You forgot to mention the time when they were releasing a new eqgame.exe every day to mess which caused a ton of downtime for MQ and for showeq as well.

Reactions: EQDAB and McNukkah
I'm not after a Refund, but what i Will Say is My Subscription is cancelled Until Further Notice.

Actually you're paying for a forum subscription. Go take your ISP to court for your internet being down for a few days it will be thrown out.

ISP is a good analogy. If my internet was down 2 weeks, I'd expect a partial refund.

(As a Lifetime Bugs member, I don't have a dog in this fight. Although, if I could get a partial refund, I'd sell back my Mensa Lifetime membership in a second. They've pissed me off beyond my tolerance.)

• Haha
Reactions: EQDAB
The new next release just pushed out is looking pretty for all plugins. It needs a bit more testing but I would think it should be good enough to be considered an offical release.

Test server people can still be pissed off at me though as I don't have a good build setup for them yet.

Ever have a cable outage? This is more like a grocery store being out of a particular item because their distributor is out of it. I feel for you, in that I'm missing these plugins badly - eq's become kinda boring. That said, I'm still HAPPILY shopping at this store and will continue to do so.

On a slightly different topic, it wouldn't be a bad thing to release a version of mq2overseer or even bot.dll that worked on any mqnext compile - FOR A TEMPORARY solution.

LOL, as soon as I refresh, I see that the patch is fixed. That's typical of my timing lately.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: EQDAB
i guess you didn't read the whole post because i stated " IN THE REAL WORLD". Now who's the fool?
no you said "In the real would it's criminal. It's called theft. " Man were you dropped on the head as a kid, you keep posting dumber things.

Ever have a cable outage? This is more like a grocery store being out of a particular item because their distributor is out of it. I feel for you, in that I'm missing these plugins badly - eq's become kinda boring. That said, I'm still HAPPILY shopping at this store and will continue to do so.

On a slightly different topic, it wouldn't be a bad thing to release a version of mq2overseer or even bot.dll that worked on any mqnext compile - FOR A TEMPORARY solution.

LOL, as soon as I refresh, I see that the patch is fixed. That's typical of my timing lately.

They would have to take the time to remove all the mmobugs specific stuff from mq2bot and it wouldnt work the same without it all. Plus the auth stuff.

I’m as impatient as anyone while waiting for a working mmobugs compile, but I don’t think a refund is warranted. Sure it’s a subscription service, but we are also subscribing to their work which they ARE doing. It doesn’t meet everyone’s individual timeline, but we also all knew well in advance that it could be down for a long period of time due to the 64 bit update. As long as they eventually get everything in working order, I don’t want my money back!
Agree !!!
there was this motto in the military we had "hurry up and wait", just like the train moving up a hill......I think I can, I think I can ...awesome work developed team, make sure it works the first time, so we don't have to go down this road again, and yes am a long-time MMO user and do remember patches throwing a "monkey wrench" in MMO programs and Fry and HTW taking weeks to UNFCK THE PROGRAMS SONY (AT THE TIME) HAD MADE. I don't think a refund is warranted, just get back to the basic and /learn your toon again (manually), so when MMO is back you are the pro we thought you are

Last edited:
Closing this thread as I don't think any of this is helping the problem. If anyone is upset, shoot me a private message and I will be happy to compensate you however you wish.

It's been a tough few weeks for all of us and I am really sorry for the downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.