Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m as impatient as anyone while waiting for a working mmobugs compile, but I don’t think a refund is warranted. Sure it’s a subscription service, but we are also subscribing to their work which they ARE doing. It doesn’t meet everyone’s individual timeline, but we also all knew well in advance that it could be down for a long period of time due to the 64 bit update. As long as they eventually get everything in working order, I don’t want my money back!

I’m as impatient as anyone while waiting for a working mmobugs compile, but I don’t think a refund is warranted. Sure it’s a subscription service, but we are also subscribing to their work which they ARE doing. It doesn’t meet everyone’s individual timeline, but we also all knew well in advance that it could be down for a long period of time due to the 64 bit update. As long as they eventually get everything in working order, I don’t want my money back!

That kind of sounds like giving a trophy to everyone who participated. Money has been paid for a service...that is not being delivered. The money is paid so that the developers can take the time off from their normal jobs and family to address situations like this. Appearances are that is not happening. As a paying customer,
there is an accountability for this service, therefore a refund for services lost is well warranted.

• Sad
Reactions: EQDAB and Ursister
I don’t know if I can agree the appearance is that isn’t happening. I just think they are far behind due to doing no prep work on test. Fry openly stated that he did not put enough time in on test to be prepared for this, where the MQ devs did, which is why they were able to launch MQ the same night the new client went live.

If I had to guess, the bugs dev team severely underestimated the changes that would need to be made, and now find themselves a month behind the curve and are putting in long hours in the scramble to get it done.

I can only take that at their word, and I currently have no reason not to believe it. If they give me a reason to think they aren’t actively working on it, I’d just cancel my subscription and move on, but I don’t think that’s the case just yet.

Reactions: EQDAB
I don’t know if I can agree the appearance is that isn’t happening. I just think they are far behind due to doing no prep work on test. Fry openly stated that he did not put enough time in on test to be prepared for this, where the MQ devs did, which is why they were able to launch MQ the same night the new client went live.

If I had to guess, the bugs dev team severely underestimated the changes that would need to be made, and now find themselves a month behind the curve and are putting in long hours in the scramble to get it done.

I can only take that at their word, and I currently have no reason not to believe it. If they give me a reason to think they aren’t actively working on it, I’d just cancel my subscription and move on, but I don’t think that’s the case just yet.
Thank you, and agreed, but acknowledging fault for being behind or underestimating the effort, while being paid for a service, is not the paying persons fault. Again, money is paid for a service, not apologies. I don't doubt they are engaged, now. Appearances and lack of product for not being prepared are not the paying customers fault.

• Sad
Reactions: EQDAB and Ursister
Due to the MQ64 vs MQNext fight, they both didn't want to release the test server source to help the other side. We got stuck in the middle of it and had no preparation time to work on it. We got the source code three days before it hit live which wasn't enough time. In hindsight we really needed a month with source to have things ready. I thought the timeframe wasn't going to be a huge deal, we would only need a few days just like any other patch, but the changes required way more re-coding than expected.

At this time my main focus is getting a release out as fast as possible. Responding to this post is taking away time I should be using on debugging plugin crashes, so please just be patient. With that all said once we have a release out and you are unhappy, please shoot me a private message and I will be more than happy to refund you whatever you wish. I'm not here to piss anyone off or make people upset, I am working as fast as I can to get a fix out for the cards handed to us.

None of us are having any fun since this patch hit. My wife is pissed about me for spending all my time on the computer lately which sucks. I know there is more of you pissed off with not having MQ properly working so I'll grind her faction later. I am really sorry for the downtime. I know you guys can't see it, but things are progressing. It's just going to take time to get something reasonable to release that isn't going to make people crash all the time. For the time being, please use the basic releases in the notice at top of page.

I am really sorry for the prolonged downtime. I do feel like I've let everyone down.

I have been using the release linked in thread and boxing really well, I know there are bells and whistles that are missing but by far nothing that is stopping me from stomping the game and not skipping a beat.

I dont recall the exact year I found MMO but its been a while not sure if was 2005 or 2015 (pretty sure it was 2005), not gonna flake out cause of this patch taking what ever time it takes.

I probably would be more butt hurt if I had nothing to go out there (NOT the case by far, boxing 9 doing current expansion), after all these years Im not gonna turn against my home and crap more on the team than this patch already has.

Fry, thank you for all you do, all you have done, there are a shit ton more of us that are grateful for all you have done, all you are doing and all you probably will do.

My apologies to your wife and dont let it get you down man, its only a fucking game after all and its just a delay to bring back the bells and whistles, again Im boxing my ass off w no issues, probably even better in some ways now to be honest.

Refunds should not be given.

If you feel like you like how RG works better with Next and vanilla, then go that route, but no way you deserve a refund.

Refunds should not be given.

If you feel like you like how RG works better with Next and vanilla, then go that route, but no way you deserve a refund.
Who are you, and how do you have any say on what anyone does or doesn't deserve? Your opinion means squat. its entirely up to the person that provides this service whether any compensation is given...........there are a few lanes on any road. How bout you stay in yours.

• Sad
I hesitate to jump into the mix here, but I would ask everyone to remain calm and not add fuel to this thread.

The more drama here, the less coding gets done.

For those who are long time MQ users you may remember when it was not uncommon for it to take 1-2 weeks for IEatAcid to get the core working after an expansion added some new features to the client. Even the monthly patches took a day or two to get fixed up.

We really have gotten spoiled having a compile ready a couple hours after the client goes live.

If you need help getting what fry has provided in the mean time to work message me on discord I will be happy to help with what i can.

How will refunds be handled for the disruption in service?

I don't think a refund is in order. I do believe however they should do what Sony did when the server was hacked. Perhaps Crediting accts would be more beneficial. Just my 2 cents worth.

I think the patch was on the 15th and we are going on the 10th day? Take out the weekend and a few days for the work to be done on such a huge change to the game and it leaves us maybe 5 to 6 days? The cost of this service is $7 bucks? I just renewed my lifetime membership and paid annually, so my monthly cost is a bit less. That makes the ask less than a quarter a day. which mean less than a couple of bucks refund or credit? I don't think there are any of us who would want to spend the last ten days doing what the Bugs team is doing. They are working hard and that's all we can really ask.

Man i saw nils, is that the same nils that had afcleric from back in the day, that was my introduction to MQ back in the day if so
as far as the 25 cents a day thing, hey w that money u could be feeding a kid in Africa or saving a puppy (starts singing: In the arms of an Angel) :D

I think the patch was on the 15th and we are going on the 10th day? Take out the weekend and a few days for the work to be done on such a huge change to the game and it leaves us maybe 5 to 6 days? The cost of this service is $7 bucks? I just renewed my lifetime membership and paid annually, so my monthly cost is a bit less. That makes the ask less than a quarter a day. which mean less than a couple of bucks refund or credit? I don't think there are any of us who would want to spend the last ten days doing what the Bugs team is doing. They are working hard and that's all we can really ask.

1st of all regular members pay more than lifers, 2ndly we are not donating these funds, we are paying for services that are not being rendered. In the real would it's criminal. It's called theft. 3rd some of us are on a fixed income (retires and such). I manage my limited amount of funds efficiently, but still, Paying for a service or an item and not receiving either is still theft. "Working Hard" sounds more like "The checks in the mail". The time is lost. What to do now?

Thank you, and agreed, but acknowledging fault for being behind or underestimating the effort, while being paid for a service, is not the paying persons fault. Again, money is paid for a service, not apologies. I don't doubt they are engaged, now. Appearances and lack of product for not being prepared are not the paying customers fault.
Many times I have been provided help on a personal level above and beyond the call of service.
I don't know much about computers and have played EQ since pretty much the beginning but I am older and messed up my computer and game files so bad once the team here spent hours fixing my mess for me.
I figure as the years have gone by everyone is much busier now.
At this point I have nothing running because I don't even understand how to do the next thing. I downloaded it but can't make anything work so I am just going to wait and hope they have no big problem bringing back what I can figure out how to use... it is so easy!
There are all kinds of us playing!

I paid a lifetime donation on another site for you to shut up, Uxxx. I will know have to harrass them to get refund, as it seems clearly that you wont do what they charged me for. ;)

• Haha
1st of all regular members pay more than lifers, 2ndly we are not donating these funds, we are paying for services that are not being rendered. In the real would it's criminal. It's called theft. 3rd some of us are on a fixed income (retires and such). I manage my limited amount of funds efficiently, but still, Paying for a service or an item and not receiving either is still theft. "Working Hard" sounds more like "The checks in the mail". The time is lost. What to do now?
This has to be the stupidest post I have seen in awhile.

It is not theft. You report this to the police they would laugh you out of the room. At most it is a civil matter.

They provided an interim fix while they work on larger issues. If you do not like it, then cancel and compile your own version which you can do for free and build your own mq2bot.

This has to be the stupidest post I have seen in awhile.

It is not theft. You report this to the police they would laugh you out of the room. At most it is a civil matter.

They provided an interim fix while they work on larger issues. If you do not like it, then cancel and compile your own version which you can do for free and build your own mq2bot.
i guess you didn't read the whole post because i stated " IN THE REAL WORLD". Now who's the fool?

Actually you're paying for a forum subscription. Go take your ISP to court for your internet being down for a few days it will be thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.