Really weird login problem

[40oz]

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Really weird EQ login problem

Edit: For posterity, the problem is a bug with skipping launcher and account names with hyphens and underscores. See: Confirmed - Account with special character unable to login | Page 2 | EverQuest Forums

Original Issue:

So, I tried to login to an account that I haven't logged in to for several months, maybe half a year or so, and it would just cycle at the login screen.

I use MQ2Autlogin, password in there is correct. I also use Innerspace, but I don't think that matters for this.

So, I launch the trouble character, MQ2Autologin tries to log in, eventually the "please wait" dialog goes away no error and I'm still at the login screen. MQ2Autologin dutifully continues to try.

So, I removed MQ2 from the equation, ran the EQ Client, tried to login typing in credentials, same thing, only I get an "Error - Timed out" now that MQ2Autologin must have been closing before I could see it or something.

So, I removed skipping the launcher. I normally launch the game via Innerspace with the `patchme` command line argument. Using launcher, I can load the account just fine.

All other toons are fine, even other old accounts I hadn't logged in to in ages I tried just to see.

Any idea where to even start troubleshooting this? Seems like a weird EQClient issue. I deleted the eqls-playerData.ini for this character. Not sure what else I should try.

Last edited:
Check your eqhost.txt is pointing to

Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=lvseq-live-l01.everquest.com:15900

I really have no other ideas, other than something dumb like capslock is on or something..

If the station name has a _ or - in it then you have to run log in via the launcher. It seems when they 'fix'ed' the log in issues they broke the eqgame login function. One of the EQ Devs has acknowledged the issue but given no eta on when the issue would be resolved.

Best thing to do is log into the EQ forums and 'like' the first post of any thread on the issue.

Last edited:
They broke the login in more than only this way. If you wait a bit instead of giving your login data instantly then you have always the "login not validated" bug.

Check your eqhost.txt is pointing to

Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=lvseq-live-l01.everquest.com:15900

I really have no other ideas, other than something dumb like capslock is on or something..

Yeah from my time playing on EMU servers I checked that, but all these accounts are launching with the same exact eqhost.txt and EQ installation and I don't have eqhost.txt virtualized in ISBoxer/Innerspace

If the station name has a _ or - in it then you have to run log in via the launcher. It seems when they 'fix'ed' the log in issues they broke the eqgame login function. One of the EQ Devs has acknowledged the issue but given no eta on when the issue would be resolved.

Best thing to do is log into the EQ forums and 'like' the first post of any thread on the issue.

This is 100% the problem. This is the only account I have with an underscore in the name. Thanks~

Last edited:
I take my last post back. Now since the next update the eqclient has its old bugs back - randomly bringing the "validation bug" instead of a timed one.
yay... happy hunting...