Pull.mac

This is what comes up for me when I type /echo:

pull.mac@256 (Pull): /delay 1s
pull.mac@132 (Main): /if (${RV_HasTarget}) /call Pull

I don't have anything targeted and the toon just stands around doing nothing.

I don't use many macro's so I don't know much about them. Anyone have any ideas as to why the toon goes idle? It seems to be random, meaning sometimes the macro will go idle after killing and looting the first mob and sometimes it goes idle after 20+ minutes or sometimes even longer.

Last edited:
/echo is just a way to write to the chat window. if you do a blank one with the macro running, it will just tell you a couple lines that the current macro is running. it isnt an error in and of itself.

This is what comes up for me when I type /echo:

pull.mac@256 (Pull): /delay 1s
pull.mac@132 (Main): /if (${RV_HasTarget}) /call Pull

I don't have anything targeted and the toon just stands around doing nothing.

I don't use many macro's so I don't know much about them. Anyone have any ideas as to why the toon goes idle? It seems to be random, meaning sometimes the macro will go idle after killing and looting the first mob and sometimes it goes idle after 20+ minutes or sometimes even longer.

If your using the version of this macro I posted at the start of this thread, then there could be several reasons this is occurring.

1. There is a sub that checks to see if anyone outside of your guild is within a certain range of you. You need to ensure this is setup properly.

2. There is a sub that checks for tells, and forwards that tell via text message to your phone. It also checks to see if that person who sent you a tell is in the same zone, if they are, pulling stops, when they leave it should resume again. So, if your doing a lot of tells with someone in zone, even a group or guild member, it will stop and you will have to restart the macro. I suppose that sub could be adjusted to be more forgiving on who sends you tells, but when I use the macro I'm semi-afk and there should be no one sending me tells, and if they are it probably spells trouble.

3. Mobs may be out of range, adjust your distance checks.

I've seen other people say the macro stops for them too. I have not had that happen to me yet, or if it did, it was something I was doing wrong.

Made some very minor updates to this Macro. Updates annotated in macro.

I'd like to add a line that presses the esc key every 5 minutes, no matter what. How would I add something like this into the mac?

well, to do it correctly, you want to add the declaration in the load area, but if you just want one fell swoop copy and paste, you could do something like:
Code:
/if (!${esc_timer}) {
/if (!${Defined[esc_timer]}) /declare esc_timer timer outer
/keypress esc
/varset esc_timer 5m
}

Thanks Pete!
Which section of this mac would I place these commands? Or would I need to create a new sub for it?

used part of this pull macro thanks alot it works decent just dumb trees giving my problems and over pulling

Thanks Pete!
Which section of this mac would I place these commands? Or would I need to create a new sub for it?

I would think it would depend on what you are trying to achieve. Not knowing that, I would guess somewhere in Sub Main above the ":Start" loop.

I put it in that section and the macro only presses esc once right when I start the macro, After that though it never gets pressed.

I put it in that section and the macro only presses esc once right when I start the macro, After that though it never gets pressed.

Why do you want to hit ESC every 5 minutes? Doing so is basically just a /return that takes you back to Sub_Main no matter where in the macro it is executing. That could cause you problems if you are in mid battle. Hence the question, what is it you are trying to achieve by hitting ESC every 5 minutes. There may be a better way to achieve what you want without hitting ESC.

Ok, I know there is not a lot of interest in this macro, but I've made some more changes to it. It is kind of tailored to my style of play and has security checks that need to be configured in the macro before it will work for you. You can disable the security checks by commenting out the calls to them in SUB MAIN. You will also need to set up your mmotext to text your cell phone.

I use this in conjunction with bot.mac (soon to be MQ2Bot) and it works great. I think the recent changes I have made have eliminated some of the earlier problems noted in this thread (I hope anyway). I am still a newb at all this, but I have enjoyed learning what little I do know about macros on this one. There is no .ini, except the one generated by NinjadvLoot, which by the way is a new feature I added to this. So any adjustments/tweeks you want to make has to be done from within the Macro. I will try to answer any questions about how to do that if I can, but please remember, I am a newb.

Version of macro on first page has been updated with new version. Please excuse all the popups. I just like them better than echos to the MQ2 window.

Posting this version for someone who requested this to work out of the box. This should do it. Best thing to do is go to a level 1 zone, type /mac newpull2, and watch them wiz around pulling and killing. If that doesn't occur let me know.

Again, I did not write this macro, I've just changed some it to meet my needs. I think I understand all the coding in it and why/how it does what it does, and will attempt to answer any questions someone may have, but by no means am I an expert on writing macros.

5/11/14

Posted an updated version on the first page. I have been struggling with getting this thing to work right when you have an add in camp and it is below 100% health. What you see when that condition exists is a loop where the mob is targeted after killing the first one and then it clears the target, then retargets and this repeats over and over. You basically get all kinds of spam in your MQ2 window and your puller just stands there.

I think it is fixed now. Still testing it and so far so good.

Are you sure you're uploading the right file? That's the 2nd "update" I've gotten from this thread where the files were identical.

Are you sure you're uploading the right file? That's the 2nd "update" I've gotten from this thread where the files were identical.

I'm pretty sure. The changes were very minor each time. The last 3 or 4 updates were changes only under SUB: Acquire Target. I am struggling to check if a target is already below 100% hp to not pull it unless it is in camp and mezzed. I was making hasty changes as I was trying to help someone out that was testing. In the end, I just ripped out those checks and decided to tackle it again another day.

It seemed to work fine for me where I was running group, but someone else reported errors in another zone. Sure enough, after going to same zone it was wigging out. My checks get into endless loops when you have 4, 5 or more adds.

Again, I apologize if anyone is using this and it's not working properly. It should now with what I removed. It just won't check if another group already has the mob, so if your in a zone occupied by others you could run into problems, but if you have the guild check enabled then you can set the distance other people can be close to your group. If you set that far enough away from others then the concern of pulling someone elses mobs is not as important.

Target.AggroHolder.ID to let you know if someone has aggro or not. If so, ditch target and go to next. Spawn[].PctHPs is only accurate if it is on target, xtarget, in raid, or in group. Otherwise it gives last known .PctHPs, which is 100 if you havent had it on one of those previously mentioned target sets.