price

Noah3

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
i know many are gonna think im an ass, or a whiner for this, but the fact is the price went up on an mmobugs sub. before there were any issues.

this price included all of the passive "and active" hacks that have been made available prior to the ban and suspension waves soe has been doing.

im not sayign oh poor us we got suspended , can we get a price reduction, or anything like it

all im saying is(not immidently) once the dust settles, if it looks like there is no way we will be able to use active stuff without a suspension or ban eitehr ever, or anytime in the near future. than maybe it can be considerd.. that is all

re

tear into me all you want. but if you actually see my point, i dont see what the issue with the consideration of this would be.

The active plugins are still there, and useable. Noone is stopping you from using them if you want to.

:)

no one thinks your an ass for suggesting something of that nature. that would make them an ass. I do personally believe the inactive portion of this site is valuable tho.

:)

actually i think it was posted after (February?) it was i think...the company that's doing the little secret work for SOE contract will expire and im not sure if they will renew. might anyone elaborate on this that knows what im talking about.

Last edited:
Premium membership as defined on our subscription page:
Premium Membership grants access to premium MMOBug's content. This includes pre-compiled MacroQuest2, 100+ Plugins, Macros, and other information on EverQuest.

Not sure where it says anything about active hacks.

Either way, i'm gonna let our community talk about this before i chime in too much.

re

i love the passive hacks as well, as my shield from incoming stones. i very much prefer mmobugs over otehr sites, i was a member of 1 for a year, came to mmobugs and never wanted to look back. only went back there during bans to see what type of hit they were taking.

i think the cs here is much better , and response time, is much better, etc.

ill say it 1 more time " all" the hacks were included in the previous price(which happens to be double of the other sites price) this site has gone up 26 dollars in year sub, the other has only gone up 12, if i was over there still id be having a similar post about a possible consideration of reduction if nothing can be done to fix what sony is detecting.

if we can never (or any time soon at all) use the active stuff that has been deemed as suicide atm. that is part of what we were paying for so a slight reduction seems fair.

and as for whoever was saying go ahead and use the stuff noone is stopping you,,, previously it was considered risky , and hightend the cahnce of trouble,, but now it is near a gurantee that trouble will follow , so it is not the same thing.

The active plugins are still there, and useable. Noone is stopping you from using them if you want to.

Oh SOE is stoping you from using them. With that said no one is lament you pay you can allways compile yourself and if you have a question look for the answer yourself

i counted

without active we still are over 100, so no argument there.
the point is , it was widly known that those were of use to us before(i know they still are) but before it was risky, now its suicide.

The question may be asked but I for one think I got my money's worth here over the years. If Sony changes its detection strategies, that ain't the fault of this website or any of its peoples.

I guess if I had subbed last week maybe I'd feel differently but I can't speak for that!

i guess

i guess im just being a bitch, cuz i really dont want to take money out of your pockets in any way , you are doing an amazing job , and far better than the rest. this is not your fault in any way. and before there was ban waves, i went to sub for a year and seen 23 dollar increase and said damn.

but i just felt i had a good point here , and sometimes when the use of parts of your product are being prevented in order to continue buisnuess you have to take a shot in the pocket... i dont think that will happen here on eitehr side honestly, and i guess im not really expecting it to, . i just felt i had a good argument and was wishful thinking, but ill keep paying what you charge no matter what at this point cuz i like it here.

was just hoping maybe we could agree,
this is how i had it played out in my head:
i say blah blah blah, and cs here says , you know your rigth, its nt our fault, but that woudl be more fair, however , we have invested this into yadda yadda , and we in no way intend to lax on what we can provide, im sorry , but we promise it will still eb worth it

I'll be honest: I don't see how/if the person responsible (Fry) would respond to this. If you have specific concerns, toss him a PM. While I don't want to start too much shit, so to speak, pricing isn't really a public discussion and you won't get any real details publically other than roundabout answers that won't address what you're asking.

tl;dr: Talk to Fry in PMs directly.

Since I'm a mod I'll voice my opinion.
I think your a ***, Why? Because they offer services that are the most reliable over the EverQuest horizon, If you want a dollar cheaper go to reddit and wait 3weeks per patch for a compile, or wait a few hours here. I think they should charge people for stupidasspostslikethistowhineaboutstupidassshit.

Just voicing my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I find the community here worth the price even without any compiles. If you want services done, there are plenty here that offer services for a lot cheaper than other places. If you want plat, plenty here offering cheaper plat (sometimes by 1/2 the price).

If $15 is too much to pay to be a part of the MMOBugs community, then you probably shouldn't be paying for EQ either because you are probably not in a financial situation to do much outside of your normal household budget.

At this moment, the less people who use MQ2, the better off we are from staying under the radar in the future to hopefully avoid future crack downs.

Problems started happening because we became too mainstream, hence this crack down. I know we are going to lose some members because of price, but at the moment I believe this is a good thing.

I cannot even remember when I purchased my life time membership. It has been worth every dollar, and even if I was told I needed to contribute more money to the site as a whole I would say ok.

Hell I even donate to some of the people here when I have a few extra bucks lying around. This site is done by a few people because they enjoy the challenge, the game and this subculture. They do not do it because it is there job, the same can be said at the people at the MQ2 site.

Frankly in my opinion if you feel like you are entitled to something, you are wrong. You pay a subscription here to be a member, anything else that comes with it is a bonus.

1) Your grammar sucks.

2) I don't even play anymore, and I'd still happily pay just to be able to read about the game, the features that the Mods here do, the off-topic discussions, and the different personalities you find. This site is educational to me in more than a few ways, since I'm working on a programming degree.

What is offered here on this site is invaluable, whether it be from the plugins and macros, to the community assistance you can receive with a simple post.

MMOBugs is by far one of the best community sites I've found, and thats excluding any of the compiles/plugins made available.

Keep up the great work mods; Its much appreciated.

Personally i think the price should go up as you have alot more work to do to stay ahead of the asses at Sony that are cracking down on people ... more work=more pay

oh and also higher prices might make it more exclusive ...

my thoughts anyway

wow *** really nice thing to say when u are a Mod as u say that wasnt needed

Last edited by a moderator:
and further more the price is the price if u dont like it we dont need u here at mmo ,, its a great place and worth every penny