Possible fix for bot.mac not pulling

Norrathian

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This past friday, it was pulling just fine. Saturday, a friend who loves to pull, was with me and I let him pull. Then I was offline until after wednesday's patch and repatch. Thursday night, bot.mac stopped pulling. Same with bot40.mac.

I was tired and logged out. Today I loaded my puller by himself to run tests. Went to a newbie zone to test. First step, verified it still wasn't pulling. /unloaded, downloaded a full zip file again, setup a fresh directory and copied the ini file for my puller over to it and tried it again. STILL did not pull. Deleted that ini and recreated it totally fresh. At the end of the load process, it crashed saying no assist pc was assigned. That got me thinking, it won't pull if it doesn't recognize that I'm puller. This time, I loaded another toon and grouped them so I could manually set the puller to every role. After that, it pulled perfectly. I figured this is worth a shot, so I /unloaded the fresh mq2 and loaded the regular one.

Started the bot.mac and presto, it's pulling perfectly. Despite trying to force the setting myself to puller in the ini, it required setting the role via right mouse clicking and setting roles manually.

Hope this helps others.

Great bug report! This kind of step by step walk through to resolution is awesome.

New development

After today's server crash (glad I caught it cause a LOT of named popped up with it), I regrouped and restarted bot40 WITHOUT manually setting anything. It pulled perfectly. There's obviously a variable somewhere that isn't perfect. I restocked the fridge today....this won't solve all of life's problems, but it'll eliminate 1 of them...being too healthy.

I also didn't notice at the time, however my MOB_IGNORE_LIST.ini and Loot.ini got reset yesterday when the pull started working - somewhere during that process.

Thanks for the bug report. I have a similar intermittent issue where the macro state gets wonky in regards to follow mode as well. These are just really hard issues to pin down.