PM window will not open, only on one account... other accounts on the same computer work as normal.

Daedilus

Reaction score
Hiyas.

On one single account on one computer, other accounts on same computer have no issue, the PM window will not open.
/pm show has no effect.

I seem to remember having this issue before, and there was a command to 'reload the skins' and i has to choose between default and some other, but for the life of me after 2days of searching i cannot find the article that gave the command todo that again...

Does anyone know the command right offhand?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: EQDAB
Hiyas.

On one single account on one computer, other accounts on same computer have no issue, the PM window will not open.
/pm show has no effect.

I seem to remember having this issue before, and there was a command to 'reload the skins' and i has to choose between default and some other, but for the life of me after 2days of searching i cannot find the article that gave the command todo that again...

Does anyone know the command right offhand?

Thanks in advance!
I think it's /loadskin

Edit- Nope, it's just "/reload"

Last edited:
Reactions: EQDAB
OK, this is getting to be problematic.

This problem keeps coming back. The PM window will not show. This is happening on multiple accounts on 4 different computers.

I have in the past I occasionally fixed it by using a /reload command, but usually not. Once it happens and i cannot fix it with reload, the only way to fix it is to completely uninstall everything and start over on all 4 computers... That loses all my saved info and is a considerable amount of time wasted.
As mentioned previously, it does not affect all accounts on each computer at the same time. i may have 2 or 3 accounts logged in and one will have the pm window work and the other 2 won't or vice versa.. so there has to be some broken setting in a character file somewhere... My ***guess*** is that it's a positional thing and it's opening off the screen somehow, though that's just a feeling, since the MMO window still acts like it's working. Without access to that box though, i cannot turn new plugins on or off.

EDIT>>>>

So i actually fixed this.

I could find nothing after weeks of searching about the problem, so instead i started searching for ways to edit windows in MQ2...
That lead me to an article about opening the Console using CTRL+`

Poking around in there i found the inspector tool, under that, Windows, and under that i found viola, the plugin manager.

I went under the arrow of the Position section and found you can edit it, so i did so, just decreasing the width by a few clicks and voila!

The PM reappeare don the screen just a little narrower than it had been before...

SO I'm posting this here in case anyone else ever runs into the problem.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you for this post. It worked to get the PM window back after I had minimized the PM window and it got lost, I found it in the inspector with 0 height and width.

Reactions: Daedilus