Plane of Hate

Ugak

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi all, Any tips on Maestro of Rancor please ?

Were having issues with it and curing the AE etc.

Thanks

Just have priests use group corruption cures.

Don't use pally splash, RC, cleric epic (anything that has a chance to cure regardless of counters).

Does anyone know where I can find information on the Maestro of Rancor event (ie, what AEs do what, strategy, etc)? I can't seem to find any solid information online.

Thanks!

That site was great. However, it does not say how often the AEs hit the raid. Does anyone happen to know how often each AE is cast? Specifically the paladin splash only curable AE? Thanks!

Dissonant Muse is cast ever 45 seconds. Dissonant Tone is only cast if a player in the raid has dissonant muse on them and is usually cast about 10-15 seconds after Dissonant Muse and he will keep casting every 15 seconds or so as long as somebody has dissonant muse. So there is time for muse to be splashed off but you cannot wait around. Need 1 or 2 paladins focused on splashing the instant they see dissonant muse hit. The only issue is the mana drain and splash curing one of the other dots that wipes out all the paladins mana. Assign a Beastlord to paragon the paladins and put a bard with them for help on Mana regen. Maestro hits wimpy enough that 3 clerics all showing as zero mana were still able to generate enough heals to keep the tank up for several minutes. Paladins being OOM and missing a splash = Wipe.

That's awesome information. Thanks, man! Any idea what the lowest amount of people have killed him? I am with a mom and pop guild so I am wondering if we have a shot at it if we box and don't fail the emotes. We are in mostly CoTF raid gear on the tanks and dps, with current expansion group gear on the healers, etc. We can field around 24 toons. We are all really knowledgeable of our classes, and will have bards in all groups to keep the healers crit healing, etc.

I just hope with 24-30ish toons we can make it haha.

We have done it with 26. The lower the DPS the longer the fight and the harder it gets to deal with the mana drains. If you have a few bards put them with the clerics on the MT and with the paladins as bards right now can keep a group stocked up on mana enough for the fight.

Keeping those classes with mana is more important than DPS. If you have a third bard put it with the caster classes.

Shaman can keep using Canni to get mana.

Can probably be done with 24 if you play it smart.

Last edited:
Well so much for the fun of hate and fear. Yes they fixed it so you can't do the instance if anybody has a lockout. Of course they broke it so if you die you cannot be rezzed back into the zone since you now have a lockout from killing mobs in zone. Since there are few fights where you are not going to loose somebody especially in fear with the Death Touchs can scratch doing these raids till they fix it.

You'd think, so many years after they first instanced Time, that they'd have standard subroutines to manage instance locking, lockouts, zone ins.
But no, I guess not

Dissonant Muse is cast ever 45 seconds. Dissonant Tone is only cast if a player in the raid has dissonant muse on them and is usually cast about 10-15 seconds after Dissonant Muse and he will keep casting every 15 seconds or so as long as somebody has dissonant muse. So there is time for muse to be splashed off but you cannot wait around. Need 1 or 2 paladins focused on splashing the instant they see dissonant muse hit. The only issue is the mana drain and splash curing one of the other dots that wipes out all the paladins mana. Assign a Beastlord to paragon the paladins and put a bard with them for help on Mana regen. Maestro hits wimpy enough that 3 clerics all showing as zero mana were still able to generate enough heals to keep the tank up for several minutes. Paladins being OOM and missing a splash = Wipe.

Put a bard in with he Paladins to sing dichotomic (sp) psalm and all your mana problems go away, it's a serious mana inject/grp heal etc. And thanks for the write up info on the dots, it helped us out a lot!

Last edited:
You'd think, so many years after they first instanced Time, that they'd have standard subroutines to manage instance locking, lockouts, zone ins.
But no, I guess not

It feels like they had all new folks working on the code.