Planar Projection hail macro?

Casca

Lifetimer
Reaction score
So I had a couple occasions where I wait on a PoPower progression kill to spawn so I can hail the Planar Projection, but went AFK/sleep (no mac running, just standing there) and come back to see someone came and killed it, Projection spawns and I missed out on the flag and have to go through waiting again.

Is there a macro that will just do nothing till a Planar Projection becomes targetable, move to within /say range and Hail the Planar Projection or whatever phrase needed?

You know you won't get the flag unless you're in the raid that got experience for killing Coirnav, right?

You know you won't get the flag unless you're in the raid that got experience for killing Coirnav, right?

That applies to raids that gets you the quest drops to make the Quintessence of Knowledge and is limited to 72 hails/ quest drop reward. Many of the progression kills, you just need to hail the PP and it doesn't matter if you're in the raid or group that actually killed it.

For instance, just missed out on a Planar Projection hail again, the only one I need for my main to complete this crap and this is the third time it happened where the progression mob spawns while I am asleep and someone runs in within 30 minutes of me waking, kills mob, PP spawns and I miss the hail and have to wait 3 days +/- 12 hours again. There is nothing to do to progress for this stage other than target the Planar Projection and hail and no you don't have to be in the raid or group that killed it. Just /target PP, /hail and you get the flag.

This is the mac I use to buy food/drink, it runs up to the merchant and buys food/drink. Can it be modified to /target and move to a "Planar Projection" and then /hail, without shutting off if no PP is in range? Right now if no merchant in range, it shuts the macro off.

#include common/buy.inc

Sub Main

/declare MerchantName string outer
/declare Food string outer
/declare Drink string outer

| * Change these settings if you want. *

/varset MerchantName "General Supply Merchant"
/varset Food "Iron Ration"
/varset Drink "Water Flask"

| Buy Food *

/target ${MerchantName}

/stick 15
/delay 1s
/click right target
/delay 1s
/call Buy ${Drink} 200
/call Buy ${Food} 160
/keypress esc
/keypress esc
/keypress esc
/keypress esc
/stick off
/echo Food and Drink complete.
/endmacro
/return

Last edited:
I used MMOText and a mac to watch for names to spawn and then have it send me a txt on my phone. Here's the thread where I was working on it.

Spawn alert using mmotext

That's how I was able to get a few of the pop mobs done when I was working on my progression also.

Just whipped this up, requires MQ2Nav and a valid mesh for the zone

Code:
Sub Main
/declare Hailed int outer
/varset Hailed 0

:loop
/call WaitForTarget
/call HailTarget
/goto :loop

Sub WaitForTarget
/if (!${Target.ID}) {
	/delay 30s
	/tar npc "A Planar Projection"
	}
	/if (!${Target.ID}) {
	/echo Waiting for Spawn
	/call WaitForTarget
	}
/return

Sub HailTarget
/nav target
	:travelling
	/if (${Target.LineOfSight} && ${Target.Distance} < 10)  {
	/nav stop
	} else /goto :travelling
	/if (${Hailed}==0) {
	/delay 1s
	/hail
	/varset Hailed 1
	/call Complete
	}
/return

Sub Complete
/echo I Have Hailed ${Target.CleanName}, congrats.
/end

Attachments

• HailIt.mac
    607 bytes · Views: 1