Plugin Overseer

Many thanks. This app saves me so much time. Love it.

Reactions: EQDAB
Q: Would you directly edit the MQ2Overseer.ini file in order to specify selecting a custom list of quests?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking about adding a feature to allow the end user to create a custom list of quests to pick.

For example: the 'Scorched Sky' event has the following quests

- Season of Flame
- Groundwater Rising
- A Devotee's Quest
- Deepwater Symbol Research
- Divine Intervention
- Plunder the Plane of Fire

Right now there is no easy way to prioritize these quests.

It would be fairly trivial to add a new "type" called "Custom" to the ones I have already ( conversion, recruitment, etc )

Then read a list from the MQ2Overseer.ini

[Custom]
1=Season of Flame
2=Groundwater Rising
3=...

Now for the dilemma. I've worked really hard to make MQ2Overseer dead simple to use.

I *COULD* add another setup screen to manage an arbitrary list of quests, but that is a lot of work.

WARNING!

The patch added new quests and traits which BROKE MQ2Overseer.

I am working on updating the code base to work with the additional traits and quests.

Reactions: EQDAB and neoloki
MQ2Overseer version 1.36 10/26/2022
-----------------------------------------------------------------

- Added two new `traits` to match the EQ client.
- Added new `seasonal quests` to the list of quests types.
- Added `Claws of Veeshan` to the list of reward choices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The changes to the list of `traits` will force MQ2Overseer to rebuilt the entire agent list. I would highly recommend you log in a single character and let if finish scanning agents before you do a batch login.

Reactions: EQDAB and spin
I have never done the overseer thing but turned this on. 4 of my toons run it just fine for weeks. two of them never did it at all, like its stuck. All I want is the merchant coin for some ornaments as they are all max lvl/aa. What should I do to try and get the other two toons collecting the rewards without having to learn about the stupid game?

What should I do to try and get the other two toons collecting the rewards without having to learn about the stupid game?

Make sure you go through and configure it for each of the toons. If you have multiple with different goals for them (like a lower one who you want to get exp vs ornaments) you would configure the rewards differently. There are tips how to configure it earlier in the thread.. but you DO need to configure it for each toon.

There are tips how to configure it earlier in the thread.. but you DO need to configure it for each toon.

You can copy the setup from another character using:

/overseer copy [NAME]

I will occasionally make changes then do "/bcaa //over copy NAME" to do a bulk change.

Patch 11-16-2022 added new quests and traits which again breaks the format of the saved agent data.

I have updated the plugin and will pass changes to Fry to merge into the distro.

I HIGHLY encourage you to run a single character and let it completely finish scanning new agents before you log in an entire group.

Reactions: EQDAB and spin
Q: Do you think MQ2Overseer should include the option to use the new overseer "Auto Fill" button?

New Overseer AutoFill :
- Pro: Its what the majority of the EQ population is using so it looks more "normal"
- Pro: It fills in all slots with a single operation
- Con: You will FEEL the client stall until the auto fill operation is complete.

MQ2Overseer "Auto Agent" = True
- Pro: Is tuned to minimize the impact to the user

I did some spot checking and the 5-10 quests I check all had the exact same agents selected so they are getting the same results.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have considered adding a feature to assist in managing your collection item dispensers.

I have a ton of them saved up and I'm too lazy to collect the rewards by hand ....

how can i configure rewards it chooses id rather cvhoise the currency then exp and it seems to only auto exp

click on the s in the overseer window. go down to reward type. click on #1 and put in the order you want stuff selected. i am guessing exp is 1, and currency is 2

Reactions: MROUTLAW