Plugin Overseer

I ran into an interesting bug this evening. One of my traders had been up for several days and stuck at 3 of 5 active quests. The plugin was throwing several "WARNING: Report missing button for ______".

Zoning did not fix the issue. Restarting the plugin did not fix the issue. I had to completely log out and back in.

When I did log back in the system had about 15 "recovered agent ________" type messages.

Anyone else having issues, if so are they similar?

I ran into an interesting bug this evening. One of my traders had been up for several days and stuck at 3 of 5 active quests. The plugin was throwing several "WARNING: Report missing button for ______".

Zoning did not fix the issue. Restarting the plugin did not fix the issue. I had to completely log out and back in.

When I did log back in the system had about 15 "recovered agent ________" type messages.

Anyone else having issues, if so are they similar?

Yes on random accounts as well . I will have 6-8 accounts going on two Different machine's each machine may have one account or two that give the warning message . The other account's will be fine .

Zipit -

1 - Do you leave your characters logged in for days at a time?
2 - Do they start working if you completely log them out and come back in ?

1- Yes i do , but sometimes it happens when just logging in the accounts as well .

2- Just going out to character select has worked for me

3- What i did notice last night i had the warnings and relized i had one stuck on a mission i manually selected the agents and it started working . i wish i had wrote down what mission it was or taken notes sorry .

I suspect the issue is with the overseer system itself. My trader started to throw warning issues this afternoon. Went to the stats tab and its showing:

Overall stats:

Total Agents : 232
Ready: -63
Questing: 21
Incapacitated: 4

On a character that is working normally

Total Agents: 238
Ready: 205
Questing: 27
Incapacitated: 6

Really would love to hear from the EQ development team what makes overseer so hard to get right.

Have you tried submitting a bug report on their forums? ;)

Yes. Got the standard answer from the EQ Forum folks. Its been submitted please like the post instead of creating a new one ...

Need everyone to go to the EQ bugs forum and comment / like on this thread:

This is why overseer plugin is currently throwing:
[MQ2Overseer] WARNING: Report missing button for [name]

I can modify how the code selects agents but we're going to be running out of agents no matter what.

I've been thinking of changing how MQ2Overseer selects rewards.

Currently the system is fairly straight forward. You select the rewards you want in the order you want them.

I often will go several days doing collects or trade skill mats then decide I need to top of my XP bar, then go back to the other rewards.

If would be nice if MQ2Overseer had a smart XP reward that says if my current XP is less than some threshold go ahead and take that reward, otherwise skip and take the next.

The yuk part of implementing a feature like this is making it generic to cover different use cases while keeping the UI as simple as possible.

I could just hard code a threshold like 120.90% fairly easily and call it a day.

Q1: How many people are still using MQ2Overseer?

Q2: Is this a feature you would want?

Q3: Any other features you would like me to consider implementing?

Reactions: Wolfy
I'm still using Overseer and really appreciate it, it sure takes the boredom out of doing it manually. Thanks for the work you've done so far.

As it stands I collect the rewards manually as I do change my mind depending on what I need, But can see what you mean.

I've been thinking of changing how MQ2Overseer selects rewards.

Currently the system is fairly straight forward. You select the rewards you want in the order you want them.

I often will go several days doing collects or trade skill mats then decide I need to top of my XP bar, then go back to the other rewards.

If would be nice if MQ2Overseer had a smart XP reward that says if my current XP is less than some threshold go ahead and take that reward, otherwise skip and take the next.

The yuk part of implementing a feature like this is making it generic to cover different use cases while keeping the UI as simple as possible.

I could just hard code a threshold like 120.90% fairly easily and call it a day.

Q1: How many people are still using MQ2Overseer?

Q2: Is this a feature you would want?

I still use MQ2Overseer, and would happily take the exp tiering option. Especially when I have a new character and want to top off XP without having to remember to redo the reward choices.

Option to copy prefences from another character?

A customisable delay between missions would be good too (even if by ini)

Request: Option to copy presences from another character?

Try this :

/overseer copy [ character name ]

Request: A customizable delay between missions would be good too (even if by ini)

Explain how you think it should work. What kind of ranges do you expect to use? Should it only be active if you are AFK? or should it also be active when you first log in and take all 5x rewards and have 5x new quests to select?

Q1: How many people are still using MQ2Overseer? i am using the program daily

Q2: Is this a feature you would want? nothing; i like what you have done, but would like to see more common, uncommon, rare combines

i like what you have done, but would like to see more common, uncommon, rare combines

i like what you have done, but would like to see more common, uncommon, rare combines

Please check your setup.

I have Convert 2+ which means any time there are 2 or more of the same agents it will consider them available for running conversion missions.

I have my quest priority set to:

1. Conversion 100%
2. Recruitment NEVER
3. Recovery NEVER
4. Collectibles 80%+
5. ANY 70%+

This results it MQ2Overseer doing any conversion missions it can until all the available duplicate agents are combined.

If you have the same settings and its is not doing conversions please let me know.

dewey,

I am still using your overseer plugin, I find it very useful for like you said topping off my exp bar, merc AA, and bringing up alts when I do not have the desire to box. I would like to donate to the cause but am to lazy to look through nine pages to see if there is a way, can you take donations? and what is the best way? Additionally do you plan to update the plugin I get a message saying it is out of date and would like to fix that if possible.

Neo

Please check your setup.

I have Convert 2+ which means any time there are 2 or more of the same agents it will consider them available for running conversion missions.

I have my quest priority set to:

1. Conversion 100%
2. Recruitment NEVER
3. Recovery NEVER
4. Collectibles 80%+
5. ANY 70%+

This results it MQ2Overseer doing any conversion missions it can until all the available duplicate agents are combined.

If you have the same settings and its is not doing conversions please let me know.

Wanted to say.. LOVE the plugin. Obv doing manually now, but appreciate the work. Thanks so much Dewey

I have updated the plugin for the patch and added in a few requested features.

#1: They added two new attributes. The next time you run overseer it will have to do a full rescan of the agent list.

#2: I've slowed the entire plugin down -- The main loop will now update things once ever 250ms. This means the first agent scan will now take 30-60s.

#3: Added several new options:

' CheckMaxXP' - IF you are Max XP it will skip over taking XP as a reward. This means you can setup your reward list to something like: XP > Collectable and if you are max XP you would take the collectable instead.

'Variable Delay' : Add additional time before finishing/collecting quests and then picking a reward .
0 : Normal
1: 1s-3s
2: 3s-30s

While the initial coding is done, I have not done enough testing to say it's ready to ship. If nothing strange happens in the next day or two I'll hand it off to the fry guys.

Thanks for the work you do on this.

I'm having a problem at the moment, i'm getting the unable to find agent error messages. I've tried unloading/reloading, /overseer eval, /reload UI, removed all agents from the overseer ini file (when I restart it scans them all and adds them back to the ini) yet the message keeps coming back when I eval the quests.

It will come up with unable to find Undead_barkeep, yet when it rescanned the agents it's in there.

MQ2 ran the update and checked again and no updates are available, so all installed.

Please help