Plugin Overseer

I was thinking of adding on last feature. AutoRetire - When you have 2+ elites automatically retire the extra copies. I'm starting to get a lot of extra elites ...

Any other feature requests?

One issue I'm getting and that is it's not saving the position of the overseer assistant window. I can manually change it in the ini, but it doesn't seem to save it if I move the window in-game and camp. Tried quick camp and slow, closing the window, re-opening the window. No change.
Tried deleting the ini file and it re-creates it fine when logging in, but it never saves the position if you move it in game.

Is it meant to act like this, or is it something I've done somewhere?

BTW, love this plugin, saves so much time. Many thanks

The window should save its position. The only thing I can think of is something may have got mangled between the source I sent and what Fry has to add to make it work with the bugs source.

One thing to try would be editing the position information directly, then load the game and see if they position takes the values from the INI file or if is trying to re-initializing your profile each time.

1. While the game is shut down. Find and edit MQ2Overseer.ini

[server.character]
ChatTop=585
ChatBottom=597
ChatLeft=2
ChatRight=202

2. Change those values.

3. Load the game

Does the position change? or stay the same?

I'm currently exploring the idea of having an external application that can be used to monitor your MQ2Overseer quest status and automatically log in characters when its time to collect rewards and schedule the next round of quests.

This would let you get the benefits of running 24/7 with out having to have each of your characters actually on 24/7.

If all goes will I'll likely be testing it this weekend. Any interest?

Of course interested :)
would that do overseer one one character per account?

would that do overseer one one character per account?

Yes, sort of.

Right now I have the overseer plugin dump when the next quest will be completed by character ...

test.bob=1hr 20m
test.brat=2hr 30m
test.dog=4hr 10m
etc ..

When the timer expires I plan to fire up test.bob -> test.brat -> test.dog

I will be testing EQBC / Netbots to see if there is a character named 'bob', 'brat' or 'dog' currently connected so you can be running your toons safely on another computer while the AFK overseer is spinning up the AFK'ers.

I haven't explored yet is how to get station names so that if bob and brat are on on the same account the AFK overseer doesn't try to load 'brat' while 'bob' is on line.

I plan to have some flags so you can turn the feature on/off, etc.

Follow up question for folks. Do we have any overseer users who are running characters with the same name but different servers? I'm considering dropping the server part of the name since eqbc doesn't support running two characters with the same name.

The window should save its position. The only thing I can think of is something may have got mangled between the source I sent and what Fry has to add to make it work with the bugs source.

One thing to try would be editing the position information directly, then load the game and see if they position takes the values from the INI file or if is trying to re-initializing your profile each time.

1. While the game is shut down. Find and edit MQ2Overseer.ini

[server.character]
ChatTop=585
ChatBottom=597
ChatLeft=2
ChatRight=202

2. Change those values.

3. Load the game

Does the position change? or stay the same?

It's been a while since I posted this, but still getting the same issues.
I deleted the Ini file and let overseer create a new one. It created a default ini with all the positions eg.
[Server.]

Then when I loaded a character it saved a new section for that character in the ini. eg.
[Server.MyName]

Whenever I change the position of the window in game the ini will update the [Server.] part of the ini, but leave the character one as it is.

MQ2Overseer is currently broken.

Patch 7/21/2021 added a bunch of new missions and new agents.

Over the weekend I went back through nearly 5500 lines of code I wrote last year to make MQ2Overseer a polished plugin.

I have mostly identified what is broken and how to fix it. I will be testing it a few days before I push the code to Fry for release.

I have removed the "Auto Login" feature. I thought it was a cool idea and it worked 'good enough' I ended up not using the feature as much as I thought I would, and it promotes doing AFK things which is 'bad' so I pulled it out.

In its place I am going to finish a "Estimated" score option. What this does is select quests based on how many of the agent attributes match those required by the quest. Instead of looping over the quests and assigning agents with in the overseer window to calculate the real score ( which takes ~ 1-2s for each quest ) , simply 'estimate' a score based on how many agents attributes match and assume that the best matches are going to give the highest score. This way MQ2Overseer will only populate the quests its planning to select netting a 15-20x performance improvement and doing away with the nasty FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH ... when you first log in and overseer is figuring out the next round of quests.

If you use MQ2Overseer and find it valuable, now would be a good time to send a donation to encourage me to continue supporting MQ2Overseer.

Send me a PM for details.

Reactions: MissTerious
Now is a good time to suggest feature requests. Easier to add things while the code base is fresh in my head.

Now is a good time to suggest feature requests. Easier to add things while the code base is fresh in my head.
The plugin works(ed) nicely
A checkbox or a way to exclude recovery missions

The plugin works(ed) nicely
A checkbox or a way to exclude recovery missions

You can already exclude mission types.

When you select a quest type you have to give the minimum success threshold 70%+ , 80%+, 90%+ or "Never"

I use these to exclude recovery or recruitment mission on accounts that are maxed out.

Been working well up until wednesdays patch. Now it will perform all the collections, but when it tries to start the next set of quets is comes up with an error WARNING: Report missing button for.....
And if I look at the window it will show no artisans in the selection window. Yet if I manually swap to another quest, go back and try again, the artisans are there now. Then the plugin takes over again and stalls at the same point on the next quest.
It's doing this on 2 seperate computers.

Last edited:
Been working well up until wednesdays patch. Now it will perform all the collections, but when it tries to start the next set of quets is comes up with an error ....

This is expected behavior. They added new stuff to overseer. Its broken until I fix it.

Thanks for the update, Great app, Makes life so much easier.

I have spent 30+ hours since the patch writing/testing MQ2Overseer code.

I have started testing in live today and if things look good I'll ship the code over to Fry/HTW

In the mean time I would ask those who are not strapped for cash, use the plugin daily, and find yourself missing it to consider showing your appreciation by throwing me some pizza money.

I think to date maybe 2 people other than fry and htw have shown their support for the project.

------------------

NEW FEATURES:

1 - Estimate Scores - Use fast estimated scores to greatly speed up processing quests. Rather than evaluation each quest to see what the best scores are, assume quests that have a perfect match will score the best, then those who are missing one trait, then two traits, etc. This speeds up quest selection 5-15x times.

2 - Agent # Window - Added a button '#' that takes you directly to a window that shows you how many agents of each type you have and how many extras are available for conversion or retirement.

3 - Added a 'R'etire button to the agent summer window that retires extra elite agents.

4 - Modified the reward selection logic to include auto selecting the 'agent 2x' option when collecting rewards from the 'agent echo' ( the thing you get when you retire agents )

5 - Added TBL to the reward list - Thanks SHV126

Overall the plugin is less invasive to run, and will make it much simpler to manage your extra agents.