Plugin Overseer

been messing around with this , runs flawless big help to those who have been gone a bit and catching up on the whole overseer thing

FYI - I have sent the latest code to Fry this morning.

Change log:
05/29/2020 - v1.01 - Ready for beta testing
05/30/2020 - v1.02 - Fixes CTD due to uninitilized vars
05/31/2020 - v1.03 - Add help and better XML window error reporting
06/05/2020 - v1.04 - Add /autoinv for collection item
06/08/2020 - v1.05 - Major rewrite of core agent selection
06/17/2020 - v1.06 - Refactor agent scanning
06/19/2020 - v1.07 - Refactor claiming rewards
06/20/2020 - v1.08 - Added several command line options

The core agent selection is now much faster and doesn't cause as big of a lag spike.

The agent scanning should do a better job of requesting reevaluation of quests when ever you finish a quest (agents available again) or you get new agents ( critical success or conversions )

I modified the code that claims rewards so you should not get stuck if you have other rewards available that are not overseer rewards.

Also added a bunch of command line options such as /overseer restart and /overseer eval.

If you have any suggestions for further improvements please let me know.

One of the options I'm considering is a "fast" mode uses a predicted score. In stead of finding the best agents for each quest, it would assume the quest success percentage is 95% if you have a perfect match of all the agents and skills.

The it would knock off say 4% for each trait you do have and add 0.5% for each job level above the minimum required.

That algorithm gets very close to the actual values until you start getting missions that require 4+ agents or are rare / elite.

May implement it tonight and see if it would pick the same quests.

Nice thing about having the plugin running I've tripled the number of quests I'm cycling through so even if its not perfect its probably good enough and would cut the time down to for doing quests to 1s per.

love the menu where you can choose what reward you want, im doing it for the ornamanets since all my guys are max exp

I keep getting a limit on the number of quests to be finished in a 12 hour time limit. Any suggestions to beat that?

I keep getting a limit on the number of quests to be finished in a 12 hour time limit. Any suggestions to beat that?

I guess I am looking for recommendations on the quest selection. Like half 12 hour and half 6? Conventions seem to be breaking my timers

I occasionally hit the limit but not often.

Do you stay logged in 24/7?

Do you log out to character select and come back on another character?

It would be nice if someone could help DB put 2 and 2 together to figure out exactly is causing the issue.

Would it be possible to add a pop your merc for collecting character experience as a reward option for the little merc aa you get from it?

MQ2Overseer updated again for live with Deweys latest version to resolve a crash on reloading ui.

Would it be possible to add a pop your merc for collecting character experience as a reward option for the little merc aa you get from it?

That should be trivial to add, but need to have more information on how you would expect the plugin to behave.

Should this be an option you toggle on and off?

What if I can not pop your merc because you are fighting, or in a raid, or ... should it wait to claim the reward until such time as you can pop the merc?

It should be an option to toggle on and off to have merc popped if in combat.

If you are in combat or full group, then I would see it claiming the reward rather than holding unless it is easy to place a hold on it to allow the user to sit long enough to be out of combat and allow for merc to be popped if there is a warning in the mq2 chat box.

"Auto Merc"

1 - Off - Default - ignore merc status
2 - On - Will pause claiming rewards until a merc is available.

In combination with "Auto Pause" you could be out doing quests, fighting, etc and generally plugin doesn't process anything.

Then when you stop for a moment it starts checking quests to see which are completed and if "Auto Collect" is set it would finish the quest which generates a reward.

The reward window would then popup and based on "Auto Reward" it would then select which reward you have it set for. So "Auto Merc" would then get checked and try to pop a merc if able.

The concern would be if it fails to pop a merc and you close the reward window then what happens. Should I set a flag that says you have a reward that is uncollected and as soon as you are out of combat / group / raid - have it pop the reward window? Or should it wait till the next time the window is open ?

I could throw up a dialog box to let you know you have something pending but in general I hate to yell 'hey look at me'

I think pause until the reward window opens again should work if it fails to pop the merc should work. As at that time it will be looking to collect.

Suggestion:

At some point in the script, you should pull up the window and show the incapacitated agents. They get stuck at 0 time left and will not reset on their own. Over a few weeks, if you forget to do this manually, you can rack up a good deal of agents that are stuck "on the bench".

Thanks,

Currently, on some accounts, it will do a rare conversion where there is not 2+ of rare toon. It does this only when there is a common conversion and uncommon conversion being done.

Currently, on some accounts, it will do a rare conversion where there is not 2+ of rare toon. It does this only when there is a common conversion and uncommon conversion being done.

Thank you for pointing this out. Unfortunately I don't have any good way to debug this at the moment. The toons I have on test aren't anywhere near getting rare conversions and on live I don't have access to the debug files.

I'm thinking of rewriting the evaluation to force the conversions to happen in a specific order which might take care of the issue. ( or not )

Good news!

I found the cause of the issue.

The bug appears to be with any reward that adds to the agent list while my code is scanning the agent list. This can result in my code processing the same agent twice, thus thinking that there are two of those agents available.

I am working on an alternate method for scanning the list with this in mind.

If testing goes well I'll push a source update to Fry in the next couple days.