Plugin Overseer

dewey2461

Developer
Reaction score
After 100+ hrs I have a macro which will:

1 - Loop through all your active quests and hit the "collect reward!" for each quest that has completed.

2 - Will loop through all the available quests and evaluate each one providing you with the quest name - %perc complete - how long it will take to complete.

3 - Will monitor the Overseer window and when one of the quests changes it will automatically fill in the best available agents.

Right now the code is not quite ready to be released and I'm not sure if I want to give it away for free or not. With the nerf to collectible rewards I'm not sure if I want to finish it at all ...

So my question to the community :
1 - What features would you like in an oveerseer macro/plugin ?
2 - How much would those be worth to you ?

I was planning on making it 100% auto but ...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EQDAB
Well, I quit overseer after they nerfed it but having an automation might bring me back.

Im a strong proponent of compensating people for their work so if I wanted the plugin I would have no issue paying for your work. It would be up to you to value it, I dont really have a relative context. I know CWTN sells his Class plugins for $20 though and I thought that was more than fair.

I’d drop $20 for it. While it’s not as useful anymore with the collectible nerfs, at least if it was automated you could get whatever bs ornament you want without the pain of doing it yourself.

One thing I’d say, though, is to make sure it’s compatible with other MQ2 builds. If you use proprietary stuff from Bugs you’re gonna arbitrarily narrow your potential customer base.

How would you describe the method you use to select which missions you run?

For me its

#1 - Recruitment
#2 - Any 6h or 12h tasks that is 91-94% success rate.
#3 - Any 24h task that is 91-94% success rate.

Does anyone prioritize based on the type of missions ?

I want several of the ornaments, so I would like to see it issues. As for payment, I'd be willing to pay $20 provided it wasn't an annual sub.

I'd love to see the option to set your default rewards.

How would you describe the method you use to select which missions you run?

For me its

#1 - Recruitment
#2 - Any 6h or 12h tasks that is 91-94% success rate.
#3 - Any 24h task that is 91-94% success rate.

Does anyone prioritize based on the type of missions ?

1. Recruitment
2. Collections
3. Highest overseer currency

I'm currently prioritizing as follows

1. Recruitment - free guys is free guys
2. Collection Item Fragments - every 4 (or every 2 critical successes) gets me closer to max collections
3. Merc XP - Mostly because I haven't bothered to finish this
4. Personal XP when needed
5. Highest overseer coin

That said, if I were automating, I'd skip 3 and 4. I've also never had more than 5 missions to go past #1 + #2 that I couldn't perfectly fit the agent requirements on yet, though I just did my first rare conversion today and still do mostly common missions. I presume as XP goes up and I'm offered more uncommon missions that finding missions I can do with perfectly fit agent requirements will become more of an issue.

Can anyone think of any cases ( other than conversions ) that the following will not cover:

You pick your top 5 quest "Types" and for each type set a "Minimum Success" value. For example:

#1 - "Recruit" - "70%"
#2 - "Recovery" - "80%"
#3 - "6 Hr Quests" - "90%"
#4 - "12 Hr Quests" - "90%"
#5 - "ANY" - "70%"

Given the above the code would pick the the highest success rating "recruit" quest with a minimum rating of 70%

If no quests fit those requirements it would check the highest success rating "Recovery" task with a minimum rating of 80%.

Etc, etc.

There will be three minimum levels 70, 80, 90%

This is the list of categories

Code:
	/*00*/	"NONE",
	/*01*/	"ANY",
	/*02*/	"Recruit",
	/*03*/	"Recovery",
	/*04*/	"Crafting",
	/*05*/	"Diplomacy",
	/*06*/	"Exploration",
	/*07*/	"Harvesting",
	/*08*/	"Military",
	/*09*/	"Plunder",
	/*10*/	"Research",
	/*11*/	"Stealth",
	/*12*/	"Trade",
	/*13*/	"6 Hr Quests",
	/*14*/	"12 Hr Quests",
	/*15*/	"24 Hr Quests",
	/*16*/	"36 Hr Quests"

• Wow
For me the one's I prioritize after Recruitment are Exploration, Diplomacy, Trade as those are the one's that yield shards which I'll then use to fill in blanks of what I farm up for the army that I am actually trying to finish all the collects on. Like Sum1 commented, my interest in this would be based on compatibility and distribution methods compatible with other compiles.

Thank you all for posting.

I decided to make it into a plugin so distribution will be harder but gives me a lot more control over how to interact with the form and rewards.

At this point I have "ActiveQuest" management mostly done.

1 - Select if you wish to automatically press the "Collect Reward" button.

2 - Actually *DOES* the automatically "Collect Reward" if enabled

3 - Select which of the rewards you want to receive in order of preference.

4 - Actually *DOES* interact with the reward window to select your choices.
------- This is one of the parts I could not do from a macro.

5 - Provides the user with a new custom window.

6 - UI has buttons along the top and a list box.

7 - Lists the currently active quests showing the total ( 4 / 5 ) and how many are waiting for you to collect rewards ( 3 done )

8 - Lists the currently offered quests

Overall I think about about 2/3 of the way to having something available for "pre-alpha" testing.

I'd throw 20 on this if you can make it a plugin ;)

Great work by the way !

Thank you all for posting.

I decided to make it into a plugin so distribution will be harder but gives me a lot more control over how to interact with the form and rewards.

At this point I have "ActiveQuest" management mostly done.

1 - Select if you wish to automatically press the "Collect Reward" button.

2 - Actually *DOES* the automatically "Collect Reward" if enabled

3 - Select which of the rewards you want to receive in order of preference.

4 - Actually *DOES* interact with the reward window to select your choices.
------- This is one of the parts I could not do from a macro.

5 - Provides the user with a new custom window.

6 - UI has buttons along the top and a list box.

7 - Lists the currently active quests showing the total ( 4 / 5 ) and how many are waiting for you to collect rewards ( 3 done )

8 - Lists the currently offered quests

Overall I think about about 2/3 of the way to having something available for "pre-alpha" testing.

Well done, looking forward to it.

I will be giving out a working "alpha" release of the overseer plugin in the next couple days. It will be just be the DLL since I haven't figured out how I want to try to 'sell' it.

"Overseer Assistant"

Features:
1 - Toggle Automatically pressing the yes I accept button.
2 - Toggle Automatically filling in the quest party when user selects a quest in my window.
3 - Toggle Automatically evaluating all available quests
4 - Toggle Automatically starting the 'best scoring' quests
5 - Toggle Automatically clicking the 'collect now' button to 'finish quests'
6 - Toggle Automatically selecting a reward from the reward window
7 - Set the minimum threshold of duplicate agents to convert

With all the features turned on the plugin will make the overseer 100% automatic. It is up to the user to provide the plugin with a rank order of the quests / rewards they want.

Everything is done through a custom window so it should be fairly easy to learn.

-----------------------------------------------------

Things left to do:

T1 - Implement some form of flag so the overseer doesn't try to run while your busy doing something else.

T2 - Add command line options

T3 - Implement a TLO for macros to interface with the overseer assistant

T4 - TESTING - Need to let it run for 24 hr straight to make sure it handles the quest rotation correctly.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I personally do (for now)

Conversions
Recruitment
Recovery
Collections.

After collections are complete then I'll be switching to TS stuff. I do not see any or much need in the ornaments. If I really want some I can do it manually.

Thanks Dewey.
Seems MMOB is preventing this plugin to be loaded. Needs MMOB dev team to take a look.

Thanks Dewey.
Seems MMOB is preventing this plugin to be loaded. Needs MMOB dev team to take a look.

Same result for me as well.

Need to a Dev to approve it for the compile.

To be able to load plugins compiled elsewhere you'll need to add the following to MacroQuest.ini

Code:
[MacroQuest]
ForceLoad=1

This will also disable crash debug files from being able to be submitted and EQLaunch currently will not work but does allow you to load most plugins.

I should have tested my plugin with the distro. I run my own stuff through builder because I enjoy coding/tweaking. Good to hear there is a way to get it working.