Plugin Overseer

To be able to load plugins compiled elsewhere you'll need to add the following to MacroQuest.ini

Code:
[MacroQuest]
ForceLoad=1

This will also disable crash debug files from being able to be submitted and EQLaunch currently will not work but does allow you to load most plugins.

Could it get added to the regular compile as a beta so we wouldn't lose EQLaunch.

Could it get added to the regular compile as a beta so we wouldn't lose EQLaunch.

Not at this time.

This is just a sneak peak for those who have been flowing the progress and want to try it out.

I'm going to be looking into some kind of subscription model for this in the next couple weeks when I get last couple bugs / features worked out.

If you do try it out please let me know what you think. Especially about the documentation. I think its fairly straight forward but ...

Last edited:
From my prospective. I would be interested in a subscription model but not at the expense of losing EQlauncher with 6 toons.

From my prospective. I would be interested in a subscription model but not at the expense of losing EQlauncher with 6 toons.

I totally understand. My intent is to make it work seamlessly with any of the distributions.

I'm still changing things fairly quickly so I don't want to push updates to fry or htw.

Sneak Preview #2

Now 5x-10x faster.
Now pauses when you move or are in combat.

Need to get new UI file as I made changes to the setup.

Installation:
1 - Copy MQUI_MyOverseerWnd.xml to your [MQ]\uifiles\default
2 - Copy MQ2Overseer.dll to your [MQ]
3 - Log into the game
4 - Type /plugin MQ2Overseer
5 - Log out
6 - Log back in and you should see a new window "Overseer Assistant"

There is one more bug I need to find and squish before I'm ready to make this more easily available.

Attachments

• MQ2Overseer.pdf
    847.8 KB · Views: 24
  • MQUI_MyOverseerWnd.xml
    9.4 KB · Views: 22
  • MQ2Overseer.dll
    351 KB · Views: 14
I think I've squished all major bugs. I have contacted Fry about getting the code released as part of the normal release.

It will be freely available for a few weeks. After that I'm planing on something like $20/year.

The source is over 3500 lines of code and since its a plugin it will require maintenance to keep it in sync with changes to the core MQ2 source code.

Last edited:
Im in, Dewey.
After level4 in Overseer, its getting long as hell to select quests.
Thank you for the idea and the valuable time you spent into it.

Added to our release, mmoloader check for updates should show the plugin and UI file for it.

Thanks dewey for your work as always.

htw

For those who have tried out the overseer, please give provide feedback.

I personally don't like the setup menu where you pick the quest/rewards but couldn't come up with anything better.

I also need to know if the choices offered for selecting quests covers your use cases.

Been using it for a few days.

I had one issue with some active quests being off on hours.

a few times I would get the window open and closing over and over again.

Usually have to relog to fix it.

I think there should be an /autoinv on collecting rewards.

Doing great otherwise.

Been using it for a few days.

I had one issue with some active quests being off on hours.

a few times I would get the window open and closing over and over again.

Usually have to relog to fix it.

I think there should be an /autoinv on collecting rewards.

Doing great otherwise.

I can easily add an /auto when accepting a collection reward. I haven't really tested that or the TS rewards. I'll do that shortly.

If you can try to note what version you have and if possible the conditions under which you experienced the issue.

I have the latest version patched by mmoloader.

I just pushed the MQ2Overseer update for 05/31/2020 to update server.

burdsjm would of been using 2020/05/30 version.

Sorry for the delay.

Normally I don't do the whole purchasing of add ons like macros or plugins but this one has changed my mind. This plugin kicks ass! Haven't had any issues with it so far. Loaded it. Selected my options and have let it run. Thank you Dewey!

If you have any requests please get them posted ASAP. I'm going to do another coding push this weekend.

1 - Feature Request - Add /autoinv when accepting quest reward
2 - Add /overseer version - This command will print out the version and any 'patch notes' for the version. The idea is to let you know what has changed.
3 - Add /overseer restart - This command will force the plugin to restart. Use this when quests get out of sync or ...
4 - Add /overseer eval - This will force the plugin to forget the current quest / agent information and force it to re-evaluate the quests
5 - Modify the quest click time out values from 750 ms to 850 ms . This should help in cases where the quest 'success' doesn't update in time.
6 - Modify the agent selection time out so it doesn't kill your frame rate quite as badly. Right now there is a 100 ms pause between clicks. This results in super fast agent selection but also means you end up with performance hits.

Other ideas I've considered:

Build a quest 'data base' The intent would be to save the offered quests in such a way as to know the number of agents, required attributes, starting percentage. Most users wouldn't know or care but it might be useful information, but it would be interesting to be able to back calculate the percentages, which in turn would let us skip waiting 850 ms for the window to update.

Your ideas ? ....

I've had alot of you must wait until xxx time to complete another quest.

Anyway around that?

I've had alot of you must wait until xxx time to complete another quest.

Anyway around that?

Is it spamming that?

I have a trigger that should catch that message and would pop up the overseer window to find out when the overseer is due to rotate, at which point the plugin should wait to finish/collect reward from the overseer.

One of the reasons the plugin would 'flash' was a failure to read a valid time to rotate from the overseer window. Its possible that in 'fixing' that issue I broke the rotate timer.

I was busy this week so I haven't been on test running the code. On live I haven't seen any issues but I haven't gotten the 10 of 10 max quest bug either.

runs very well. I've only been using for collections and exp. have not tried for crafting collects as yet.
Would be good if the items gained we autoinventory but thats just my pref

Out of curiosity, the convert with 2+ or 3+, why are we only converting when there are duplicates? The output is still random. Should it not convert when you have 3+ of the same quality?