One toon crash entering world

Mangrove812

Reaction score
I'm using the 3-28-2013 compile, and everything was fine until yesterday. For some reason, only on one character, I cannot log into the world from the character select screen without crashing on that one character. If I turn off mq2 I can log in fine.
Any suggestions what is causing this, or what I can disable, or delete to reset and resolve this problem?

Get the latest compile.

I would try a fresh install of MQ2, without the INIs already in it. This would allow you to see if a MQ2 INI is causing the issues.

which is the latest compile that works with eqemulator? in the emulator server thread here on mmobugs, the direct link is to the 3-28-2013 compile... I'm assuming the others are for live?
*** edit ***
I'm using Underfoot client

Last edited:
ok, I redownloaded the compile (still 3-24-2013) however this time I got a window saying there is a new loader version, which I installed...so far so good. Was able to log into the world fine this time, but still no idea what caused the crash unless it just wanted the new loader itself?
Anyway, if it happens again, I'll post back here.
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Last edited:
I was able to find out what is causing the crash.
mq2melee
If I disable this, the crashes stop. Its strange too, because it will work on some toons and not with others. I'm guessing it has something to do with the way I use it?
For example, the only /melee comand I use is .... /melee stickrange 0.
If someone can look into this I would appreciate it, thanks.