Odd pulling issue

Tapout

Before You Blackout
Reaction score
I'm using bot.mac on my tank to pull and tank and on my other 3 toons I'm using the bot plugin. All works great normally except when pulling. Pulling is just fine normally where I have my camp setup except for a few of the mobs will not target and pull. They are all the same type of mob except when you look at the actual name of the mob there are 3 I can't get it to automatically target and pull. If the mob is an_ugly_chicken04 it will pull just fine but when the number is 00, 02, or 15 the mac will not target that mob and pull it. If I run out, target the mob myself, and cast, the mac will run like normal but it won't go and get those 3 mobs.

I have a list of 17 mob numbers that the mac will pull but those 3 it will not. Any ideas? I know this is a little odd but I was wondering if anyone else ran into this? These mobs are not in my mobs ignore file.

That's a new one on me. What pulling method are you using? Post your [Pulling] ini section, sanitize any names.

Here is my pulling section. I highly doubt it's something in the pulling code. Here is why I think so. This is just an example. I won't give the actual names of the mobs I am pulling but the numbers will be accurate. Each mob has a number after it. You don't normally see it but cause of mmobugs you can.

Mobs that the mac will automatically pull:
a_spiderling01
a_spiderling03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, and a few more.

3 mobs that it won't kill unless I target them and cast then the mac will act normally
a_spiderling00
a_spiderling02
a_spiderling15

Those 3 numbers the mac will not automatically target even though they are within the area of pulling and spawn in spots other numbers were at and got pulled before. I'm at a loss as to why it's just a few mobs.

[Pulling]
AlertListClear=FALSE
AlertListClearTimer=5m
PullConColor=LIGHT BLUE,BLUE,WHITE,YELLOW
CourseCorrectionTimer=5
AmIPuller=TRUE
PullRadius=560
PullZRadius=500
PullCastRange=150
MQ2NavPullRadius=10
MQ2NavPullZRadius=10
ReturnActionTotal=0
PullingMethod=Standard
PullingAnnounceCMD=NULL
PullingTotal=1
PullAtMyHPs=75
PullSkillName1=Impose for Power
PullSkillRequiresLineOfSight1=TRUE
PullSkillDistance1=150
PullSkillSummon1=
PullSkillName2=
PullSkillRequiresLineOfSight2=TRUE
PullSkillDistance2=
PullSkillSummon2=

Not familiar with this macro but does it use alerts? I had to /alert clear 1 with another pull macro as it automatically added some unwanted mobs to the alert list.

Not familiar with this macro but does it use alerts? I had to /alert clear 1 with another pull macro as it automatically added some unwanted mobs to the alert list.

Being as AlertListClear=FALSE is in the INI I would say yes. I've used alerts for my pull macro (which is likely infantile compared to others here) and I've honestly not had any issues with anything like this using alerts. But it is possible to run into something like this if the macro has an error in the code, such as /target npc noalert 2 was replaced with /alert add 2 2 at the wrong place in the code (not that I'm aware of why that line would be there at all).

I'm not seeing anything inherently obvious in the code personally. But I only gave it a once over rather quickly and I didn't write it and have never looked at the code before.

/squelch /alert add ${alertlist} campfire ~~ Line 2945

is an oddball alert list add. Depending on what you've put for the value of the INI under campfire this could potentially cause an issue perhaps? Could you post your entire INI and not just a portion?

Code:
	/if (${NeedLoad}||${SetCampfire}) /call Campfire
	|MasterList=Bard|AA|Aura|AutoClickies|Buff|Camp|Campfire|CheckTarget|ClickyMaintenance|ClickyNuke|Debuff|Disc|Dot|FeignDeath|FightBuff|Heal|HealSingle|HealGroup|HealBalance|HealPet|HealSelf|Jolt|Lifetap|MainTankBuff|Mez|Nuke|Pet|Rez|Root|SelfBuff|Snare|Stun|SummonTank|XHeal|AABuy|Follow|ImHit|Ignore|EchoHandler|Endurance|Mana|Merc|Pulling|SetupAdvLootVars|Clarity|
	/declare OptionsLoadListAll string outer Plugin|CheckTarget|Ignore|Follow|Camp|Alias|EchoHandler|ImHit|SummonTank|Leap|Custom|Campfire|
	/if (!${Defined[ToggleList]}) /declare ToggleList string outer |Bard|AA|Aura|AutoClickies|Buff|Camp|Campfire|CheckTarget|ClickyMaintenance|ClickyNuke|Debuff|Disc|Dot|FeignDeath|FightBuff|Heal|HealSingle|HealGroup|HealBalance|HealPet|HealSelf|Jolt|Lifetap|MainTankBuff|Mez|Nuke|Pet|Rez|Root|SelfBuff|SetRoles|Snare|Stun|SummonTank|XHeal|AABuy|Follow|ImHit|Ignore|EchoHandler|Endurance|Mana|Merc|Pulling|SetupAdvLootVars|Clarity|SummonItem|Cure|Request|GroupFightBuff|
	/squelch /alert add ${alertlist} campfire
|campfire start
	/declare AutoUseCampfire bool outer ${Ini[MyIni,Campfire,AutoUseCampfire,FALSE]}
	/if (!${AutoUseCampfire}) 	/mmoini "MyIni" "Campfire" "AutoUseCampfire"
	/declare SetCampfire bool outer ${Ini[MyIni,Campfire,SetCampfire,FALSE]}
	/if (!${SetCampfire}) 	/mmoini "MyIni" "Campfire" "SetCampfire"
	/declare CampfireName string outer ${Ini[MyIni,Campfire,CampfireName,NULL]}
	/if (${CampfireName.Equal[NULL]}) 	/mmoini "MyIni" "Campfire" "CampfireName"
	/declare CF_Item1 string outer ${Ini[MyIni,Campfire,CF_Item1,Fellowship Kit:]}
	/if (${CF_Item1.Equal[Fellowship Kit:]})		/mmoini "MyIni" "Campfire" "CF_Item1" "Fellowship Kit: "
	/declare CF_Item2 string outer ${Ini[MyIni,Campfire,CF_Item2,Fellowship Lumber Bundle:]}
	/if (${CF_Item2.Equal[Fellowship Lumber Bundle:]}) 	/mmoini "MyIni" "Campfire" "CF_Item2" "Fellowship Lumber Bundle: "
Sub Campfire
	/varse CurrentSub Campfire
	/if (!${Me.Fellowship.Campfire} && ${SetCampfire}) {
		/if (!${FindItem[${CF_Item1}].ItemSlot}||!${FindItem[${CF_Item2}].ItemSlot} && !${Me.Fellowship.Campfire}) {
	/if (${Me.Fellowship.Campfire} & ${Select[${Zone.ID},344,202,151,345]} && ${AutoUseCampfire} && ${Select[${Me.CombatState.Equal},RESTING,ACTIVE]} && ${If[(${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].ID}||${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID}),1,0]}) {
|campfire end

Above is all references to campfire I found in the code. Campfire is not mentioned in the include file that I've found. I expected the results to include line numbers. Note that it is spread from line 314 to line 4921 and doesn't contain anything but the specific line with reference to campfire. I could not find a line where Campfire was specifically "/declare"

Code:
		/mmoini "${IniFile}" "Ignores.${Zone.ShortName}" "Ignore" "${IgnoreList}${MobName}|"

Apparently there is an ignore list stored in an INI file as well. This could potentially affect it.

Last edited:
Here is my file.

Code:
[Settings]
OptionsCheck=|Pulling|Fade|FeignDeath|Disc|Dot|FightBuff|Lifetap|Nuke|Pet|SelfBuff|Snare|Aggro|Mana|Endurance|
OptionsCheckRaid=|Pulling|Fade|FeignDeath|Disc|Dot|FightBuff|Lifetap|Nuke|Pet|SelfBuff|Snare|Aggro|Mana|Endurance|
RestrictedZones=344,202,151,345
LootNPCs=FALSE
Verbose=FALSE
MyChannel=bc
AnnounceChannel=bc
EQBCAnnounceAdds=FALSE
AutoHideNPCCorpses=FALSE
ClearTargetDataAlias=ClearTargetDataAlias
EmergencyAlias=EmergencyAlias
EmergencySkill=EmergencySkill
ImmunityCheck=TRUE
AnnounceEvents=TRY|CAST_SUCCESS|CAST_IMMUNE|CAST_RESIST
BotVersion=v2014.0706
UseCamp=TRUE
CampRadius=400
CampRadiusMax=450

[Assist]
AssistType=2
AssistPC=TANK
AssistAt=100
AttackRange=25
AttackCommand=/attack on
AmIOffTank=FALSE
UseMelee=TRUE
UseArchery=FALSE
ArcheryMaxDistance=200
ArcheryMinDistance=35
SetTargetMessage=Kill_this
BurnModeAlias=BurnModeAlias

[Pulling]
AlertListClear=FALSE
AlertListClearTimer=5m
PullConColor=LIGHT BLUE,BLUE,WHITE,YELLOW
CourseCorrectionTimer=5
AmIPuller=TRUE
PullRadius=560
PullZRadius=500
PullCastRange=150
MQ2NavPullRadius=10
MQ2NavPullZRadius=10
ReturnActionTotal=0
PullingMethod=Standard
PullingAnnounceCMD=NULL
PullingTotal=1
PullAtMyHPs=75
PullSkillName1=Impose for Power
PullSkillDistance1=150
PullSkillSummon1=
PullSkillName2=
PullSkillDistance2=
PullSkillSummon2=

[FeignDeath]
FeignDeathStandAtMyHP=50
FeignDeathTotal=2
FeignDeathAnnounce=FALSE
FeignDeathAfter1=10
FeignDeathUse1=FALSE
FeignDeathSpellName1=Death Peace
FeignDeathSpellGem1=alt
FeignDeathRecast1=10s
FeignDeathUseAtMyHP1=40
FeignDeathAfter2=10
FeignDeathUse2=FALSE
FeignDeathRecast2=10s
FeignDeathUseAtMyHP2=40

[Lifetap]
InterruptToLifetapAt=30
LifetapTotal=4
LifetapTotalIfNamed=4
ForceMemLifetap=FALSE
LifetapAnnounce=FALSE
LifetapUse1=TRUE
LifetapSpellName1=Touch of Lutzen Rk. III
LifetapSpellGem1=Gem3
LifetapUseAtMyHP1=70
LifetapUse2=TRUE
LifetapSpellName2=Vicious Bite of Chaos
LifetapSpellGem2=alt
LifetapUseAtMyHP2=70
LifetapUse3=TRUE
LifetapSpellName3=Dire Declaration Rk. III
LifetapSpellGem3=gem4
LifetapUseAtMyHP3=70
LifetapUse4=TRUE
LifetapSpellName4=Touch of Holmein Rk. III 
LifetapSpellGem4=gem5
LifetapUseAtMyHP4=70
LifetapUse5=FALSE
LifetapUseAtMyHP5=70

[Pet]
PetGHOLD=TRUE
UsePet=FALSE
PetSpellGem=gem1
PetSpell=Minion of Vizat
UsePetFocusAA=TRUE
PetAttackAt=97
ShrinkPet=FALSE
ShrinkPetIfHeightAbove=1.5
DoPetHeals=FALSE
PetHealAt=50
UseAAPetHeal=TRUE
PetAAHealAt=5
DoPetBuffs=FALSE
PetBuffRecheck=10s
PetBuffTotal=0
PetBuffRecast1=1s
PetBuffRecast2=1s
PetBuffRecast3=1s
PetBuffRecast4=1s
PetBuffRecast5=1s
PetBuffRecast6=1s

[Aggro]
AEAggroMinMobCount=1
AggroSpellGem=gem1
AggroAtAggroPct=65

[Combat]
CombatFrequency1=Dot|Mana|
CombatFrequency2=Aggro
CombatFrequency3=Dot|Lifetap|
CombatFrequency4=Aggro
CombatFrequency5=Dot|Lifetap|Aggro|Disc|MainTankBuff|Dot|Nuke|Snare|Jolt|AA
StandardCombatOptions=Bard|XHeal|HealSingle|HealGroup|HealBalance|HealSelf|HealPet|Disc|MainTankBuff|FightBuff|Lifetap|Stun|AA|Dot|Nuke|Snare|ClickyNuke|Jolt|Rez|ModRod|Mana|Merc

[Fade]
FadeTotal=1
FadeAnnounce=FALSE
FadeUse1=FALSE
FadeSpellName1=Death's Effigy
FadeSpellGem1=alt
FadeUseAtMyHP1=5

[Disc]
DiscTotal=2
DiscUse1=TRUE
DiscName1=Carmine Blade Rk. III
DiscNamedOnly1=FALSE
DiscRecast1=1s
DiscUse2=TRUE
DiscName2=Reflexive Revulsion Rk. II
DiscNamedOnly2=FALSE
DiscRecast2=1s

[GoM]
GoMTotal=0
GoMTotalIfNamed=0
GoMAnnounce=FALSE
GoMUse1=TRUE

[Dot]
DotTotal=5
DotTotalIfNamed=5
ForceMemDot=FALSE
DotAnnounce=FALSE
DotUse1=TRUE
DotSpellName1=Blood of Bonemaw
DotSpellGem1=gem10
DotUseAtMobPctHP1=96
DotStopAtMobPctHP1=30
DotRecast1=1s
DotMaxTries1=2
DotUse2=TRUE
DotSpellName2=Spreading Darkness 
DotSpellGem2=gem0
DotUseAtMobPctHP2=96
DotStopAtMobPctHP2=30
DotRecast2=1s
DotMaxTries2=2
DotUse3=TRUE
DotSpellName3=Plague of Holmein 
DotSpellGem3=gem11
DotUseAtMobPctHP3=96
DotStopAtMobPctHP3=30
DotRecast3=1s
DotMaxTries3=2
DotUse4=TRUE
DotSpellName4=Deceitful Blight 
DotSpellGem4=gem7
DotUseAtMobPctHP4=96
DotStopAtMobPctHP4=30
DotRecast4=1s
DotMaxTries4=2
DotUse5=TRUE
DotSpellName5=Dire Strangulation 
DotSpellGem5=gem9
DotUseAtMobPctHP5=96
DotStopAtMobPctHP5=30
DotRecast5=1s
DotMaxTries5=2

[FightBuff]
FightBuffTotal=3
ForceMemFightBuff=FALSE
FightBuffAnnounce=FALSE
FightBuffUse1=TRUE
FightBuffSpellName1=Scourge Skin
FightBuffSpellIcon1=Scourge Skin
FightBuffSpellGem1=alt
FightBuffNamedOnly1=FALSE
FightBuffForAggro1=FALSE
FightBuffUse2=TRUE
FightBuffSpellName2=Staunch Stance 
FightBuffSpellIcon2=Staunch Stance Rk. III
FightBuffSpellGem2=gem1
FightBuffNamedOnly2=FALSE
FightBuffForAggro2=FALSE
FightBuffUse3=TRUE
FightBuffSpellName3=Vizat's Skin 
FightBuffSpellIcon3=Vizat's Skin Rk. III
FightBuffSpellGem3=gem0
FightBuffNamedOnly3=FALSE
FightBuffForAggro3=FALSE

[Nuke]
NukeTotal=3
NukeTotalIfNamed=3
ForceMemNuke=FALSE
NukeAnnounce=FALSE
NukeUse1=TRUE
NukeSpellName1=Vicious Bite of Chaos
NukeSpellGem1=alt
NukeUseAtMobPctHP1=96
NukeStopAtMobPctHP1=1
NukeRecast1=1s
NukeUse2=TRUE
NukeSpellName2=Harm Touch
NukeSpellGem2=alt
NukeUseAtMobPctHP2=96
NukeStopAtMobPctHP2=1
NukeRecast2=1s
NukeUse3=TRUE
NukeSpellName3=Spear of Vizat Rk. III
NukeSpellGem3=gem12
NukeUseAtMobPctHP3=96
NukeStopAtMobPctHP3=1
NukeRecast3=1s

[SelfBuff]
SelfBuffTotal=4
SelfBuffAnnounce=FALSE
SelfBuffUse1=TRUE
SelfBuffSpellName1=Drape of the Wrathforged 
SelfBuffSpellIcon1=Drape of the Wrathforged Rk. III
SelfBuffSpellGem1=gem2
SelfBuffUse2=FALSE
SelfBuffSpellName2=Vizat's Horror 
SelfBuffSpellIcon2=Vizat's Horror Rk. III
SelfBuffSpellGem2=gem2
SelfBuffUse3=TRUE
SelfBuffSpellName3=Mental Dread 
SelfBuffSpellIcon3=Mental Dread Rk. III
SelfBuffSpellGem3=gem2
SelfBuffUse4=TRUE
SelfBuffSpellName4=Shroud of the Doomscale
SelfBuffSpellIcon4=Shroud of the Doomscale Rk. III
SelfBuffSpellGem4=gem2

[Snare]
SnareTotal=1
ForceMemSnare=FALSE
SnareAnnounce=FALSE
SnareUse1=TRUE
SnareSpellName1=Encroaching Darkness
SnareSpellGem1=alt
SnareUseAtMobPctHP1=50
SnareMaxTries1=2

[Mana]
MedAt=75
MedToFull=FALSE
MedEvenIfNotInOOCRegen=FALSE
MedTimer=10s
ThoughtLeech_IfManaBelow=10
UseClarityPotions=FALSE

[Roles]
SetRoles=TRUE
GroupLeader=TANK
GroupMainTank=TANK
GroupMainAssist=TANK
GroupPuller=TANK
GroupXTarget1=Group Assist Target
RaidXTarget1=Raid Assist 1 Target

[Follow]
FollowMethod=stick|30 healer
FollowCommand=FollowCommand
StopFollowCommand=StopFollowCommand
MoveUpCommand=MoveUpCommand

[Campfire]
CF_Item1=Fellowship Kit:                                                             
CF_Item2=Fellowship Lumber Bundle:                                                             

[Buff]
BuffXTargets=FALSE
BuffPets=FALSE
AutoInvis=FALSE
AutoBreakInvis=FALSE

[AAtoBuy]
AABuy=FALSE
AABuyChannel=/echo
AABuyAt=25
AABuyMode=Classic
AABuyPageOrder=Class|Archetype|General|Special
AAActivatedOnly=FALSE
SetAAPctOnLevelTo=0
AACount=0

[Endurance]
SitAt=55
SitToFull=TRUE

Yeah, not finding anything myself. Again, this isn't my cup of tea. I believe 40oz is more active in the bot.mac field. Perhaps he'll have better luck. Until then, I found
Code:
/echo /imob1 - adds current target to alert list 1 to temporarily ignore for pulling
try /alert clear 1

Until next time, I'm off to bed!

I'm out of the country at the moment away from my EQ machines, but you can try changing AlertListClear to TRUE.

I don't know how/if the mobs are getting added there, but if they do without clearing the list occasionally, you will never attempt a pull on those spots again.
Also be sure the global mob ignore file doesn't have those mobs in them. I forget the file name for this. Should be in a variable or define up at the top of the mac if memory serves.

It makes no sense that a specific numbered mob is always the one being ignored unless that non-clean name is added to an ignore somewhere along the way. That's the troubleshooting path I'd start with if it's not a line of sight / pulling routine issue, as you suspect by the observed behavior.

That's the thing. I can't find anywhere where they are being added. These mobs will not pull when I first start the macro. Not after it's been running for awhile. If I start the macro and one of those 3 mobs is the closest, which it should pull first, it will pull the next closest mob. I've checked everywhere I can think and gone through all my files to see if these mobs are listed anywhere and they aren't. It's one of the oddest problems I've ever run into.

That's the thing. I can't find anywhere where they are being added. These mobs will not pull when I first start the macro. Not after it's been running for awhile. If I start the macro and one of those 3 mobs is the closest, which it should pull first, it will pull the next closest mob. I've checked everywhere I can think and gone through all my files to see if these mobs are listed anywhere and they aren't. It's one of the oddest problems I've ever run into.

We have been offering suggestions but not getting feedback on if you have tried them and what if any result you got from the attempt. So before more trouble shooting can be done we MUST have a response on what has been tried. Have you tried to clear the alert list. Have you looked for an ignore list and verified it clear, have you changed auto clear to true. If so for any of things, what if any was the result of these attempts?

I'm out of the country at the moment away from my EQ machines, but you can try changing AlertListClear to TRUE.

I don't know how/if the mobs are getting added there, but if they do without clearing the list occasionally, you will never attempt a pull on those spots again.
Also be sure the global mob ignore file doesn't have those mobs in them. I forget the file name for this. Should be in a variable or define up at the top of the mac if memory serves.

It makes no sense that a specific numbered mob is always the one being ignored unless that non-clean name is added to an ignore somewhere along the way. That's the troubleshooting path I'd start with if it's not a line of sight / pulling routine issue, as you suspect by the observed behavior.

I've checked all direct references to /alert add and have found nothing that would automatically ignore these mobs. Additionally, automatic adding of mobs to alert list seems to be confined to Looting routines iirc.

*****As a side note while looking over the code I found a missing ending quotation on line 1236, 7122, and 7410. A photo of them is included. All the missing quotes appear to be part of the debug call or echo. *****

I found that there are several command alias for ignoring later, cmob, fmob, etc.

/imob1 is called if you don't have a pulling timer and have an ID, but this wouldn't single out certain numbered mobs.

all the immunes cmob for cold, fmob for fire, mmob for magic etc don't appear to be called within the bot and seems to be a command that would be issued by the player until such a time as the logic may be coded in to detect immunity to spells as I can only find references to their usage and their aliases.

So again, I can't find anything that would point at this happening unless it is on the users end. As an additional step in an attempt to isolate the issue I recommend making a copy of your macroquest folder and then deleting all files and redownloading them to see if this corrects the issue. If it does then it isolates the issue to your end.

Attachments

• Alert add.bmp
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
  • Missing Quote.bmp
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
  • imob1.bmp
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Missing Quote 2.bmp
  • Missing Quote 3.bmp
Last edited:
I'm currently running the mac right now with the changes made to the alert. Unfortunately I have to wait till those specific mob numbers spawn in their rotation before I can see if it will do anything. I am watching to see but there is a nice size pool of mobs so it may take a little while.

I've run this a few times now since adding the True to the alert and it seems to be pulling just fine now. Odd considering when it was false it would automatically just not pull those few mobs ever. I'm happy that it's pulling them now though.

I've run this a few times now since adding the True to the alert and it seems to be pulling just fine now. Odd considering when it was false it would automatically just not pull those few mobs ever. I'm happy that it's pulling them now though.

Glad the problem is resolved on your end. It is possible that at some point in the past these mobs were listed to be ignored and since the list was never ever cleared that it would refrain from pulling them. As I said previously I found nothing in the code that would indicate that it was on the bot end of things.

Happy Hunting