Notification of missed tell

lugnut

Reaction score
Is there a plugin that can be used to send a beep or something if one of my toons gets a tell? It looks like using MQ2RelayTell and MQ2Notify will send a text message to my phone (which would be ideal) - but I'm not sure if that really works. The Wiki us pretty vague on those two options.

Sending a text to phone would be the best solution.

If I can get my computer to play a mp3 or beep would be next best.

Thanks,
Lugnut

There is multiple ways you can do this. You can use MQ2Events as your trigger for getting a tell, then issue whatever command you want.

Then if you want a text, yes MQ2Notify, or MQ2MMOText should send a text message to your phone.

You could also just use /beep to beep on a tell from MQ2Events.

Other option is, MQ2RelayTells should do most of it out of the box. Just set up MQ2Notify to work first and enable RelayToNotifyText in ini.

Stock MQ2 has /beepontell as a command.

Ya, that's in ours. I have always used MQ2CustomSound instead, that way I play a quick sound that is unique besides a beep.

Example ini:
Code:
[Events] 
keys=tell|zone|camp

[MatchStrings] 
tell=tells you 
zone=LOADING, PLEASE WAIT 
camp=It will take you about 30 seconds to prepare your camp 

[Sounds] 
tell=C:\\MQ2\\sounds\\Alert2.wav 
zone=C:\\MQ2\\sounds\\jeopardy.wav 
camp=C:\\MQ2\\sounds\\astalavista.wav

Wiki: MQ2CustomSound - MMOBugs Wiki

Ok, so I'd like to use the text option, but I'm struggling with the config of both MQ2RelayTells and MQ2Notify.

I tried setting up MQ2Notify first using these parameters:

Code:
Username=lugnutsemail@gmail.com
Password=lugnuts password
Server=smtp.gmail.com
Port=587
FromDisplayName=Lugnut
FromEmail=lugnutsemail@gmail.com
ToEmail=lugnutsemail@gmail.com
TextEmail=lugnutscellnumber@vtext.com
Subject=You have a Tell!!
Security=TLS

I have successfully recieved a text from my gmail account using lugnutscellnumber@vtext.com

When I use /text to try and send a text (as the Wiki states) I get a "DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/text test message 1"

Ok, so I'd like to use the text option, but I'm struggling with the config of both MQ2RelayTells and MQ2Notify.

I tried setting up MQ2Notify first using these parameters:

Code:
Username=lugnutsemail@gmail.com
Password=lugnuts password
Server=smtp.gmail.com
Port=587
FromDisplayName=Lugnut
FromEmail=lugnutsemail@gmail.com
ToEmail=lugnutsemail@gmail.com
TextEmail=lugnutscellnumber@vtext.com
Subject=You have a Tell!!
Security=TLS

I have successfully recieved a text from my gmail account using lugnutscellnumber@vtext.com

When I use /text to try and send a text (as the Wiki states) I get a "DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/text test message 1"
Are you logged in ok? check with: /mmostatus
Is the plugin loaded for sure? /plugin list (and look for MQ2Notify in the list)
Try reloading plugin to see if any error messages show up in the MQ2 chat window, 1) /plugin mq2notify unload 2) /plugin mq2notify

htw

Code:
Yes, membership group Premium

Is the plugin loaded for sure? /plugin list (and look for MQ2Notify in the list)
Code:
Plugin is not listed

Try reloading plugin to see if any error messages show up in the MQ2 chat window, 1) /plugin mq2notify unload 2) /plugin mq2notify
Plugin will not load.

I verified I have it checked in the plugin configuration window. I verified it is in the MQ2 folder. I deleted the MQ2Notify.dll from the MQ2 directory shut down MMOLoader, updated and the .dll file was added. Retried the aforementioned steps - Plugin would not load.

I have attached a .jpg of the MQ2 chat window showing it won't load.

Attachments

• mq2notify.jpg
    mq2notify.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Code:
Yes, membership group Premium

Code:
Plugin is not listed

Plugin will not load.

I verified I have it checked in the plugin configuration window. I verified it is in the MQ2 folder. I deleted the MQ2Notify.dll from the MQ2 directory shut down MMOLoader, updated and the .dll file was added. Retried the aforementioned steps - Plugin would not load.

I have attached a .jpg of the MQ2 chat window showing it won't load.
Can you make sure these 3 files are in your MQ2 directory (same dir as MQ2Notify.dll) and try loading it again. If you are missing any, get them from the download zip.

libeay32.dll
ssleay32.dll
zlib1.dll

htw

So, nix that. I have moved it to the remove section for now, until I get time to fix it. For texting I did verify MQ2MMOText is working normally.

Thanks.

htw