New Compile wiping out macroquest.ini

Bearcub

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Uh, so... something is going on with the latest compile that was just pushed...

If you crash or otherwise close EQ, it is wiping out the Macroquest.ini so when you reload that character, nothing works.

Nothing changed AT ALL, other than 1 setting. I have no idea, it's not doing that here - I even forced a crash. At no time does anything completely rewrite the ini, or delete it. The only time that's done is the [Plugin] section.

At any rate, no idea man...

htw

Yeah no flippin clue either. It would just randomly write an empty macroquest.ini

At any rate, I set the ini to read only.

I find that its happening when I sometimes have the Plugin List menu up and save out. Which I use to turn on and off autologin.

It creates the backup file fine, but writes an empty (or near empty) new INI

I find that its happening when I sometimes have the Plugin List menu up and save out. Which I use to turn on and off autologin.

It creates the backup file fine, but writes an empty (or near empty) new INI

Which Emu build are you using?

UF.
Also finding if i turn off MQ2AutoLogin.ini it magically gets re-added, so I have to kill it before every additional instance I load or it will boot the previous fucker off (server is having a lot of time out / crash on zone issues lately, so a lot of reloading is necessary)

The latest compile/loader update doesn't seem to fix this (I thought it had)
What is seems to be doing is writing an incomplete macroquest.ini if a client crashes on zone.

Why it is rewriting the macroquest.ini is unknown, but maybe plugins do that onload/unload?

I wonder this is a point of failure helping some toons to lock up on zone if all 40 are attempting to write to the macroquest.ini file.

I am seeing some times class showing as unknown, making Bot.mac not knowing the ini.

Might be. Nothing new if it is though, each UF core release is a snapshot of release for that date (well, every EMU release). MQ2Main does that. If you have deadlocks, or crashes, that cause it - best you can do is restore the backup(s) (loader does copy to backup versions).

htw

This still happens, more and more.
If anything crashes it wipes out a partial macroquest.ini (randomly where it fails out at) The worst is when it wipes out the header part that writes the macro path.

At the very least is there a command that will reload the macroquest.ini?