MacroQuest - Download and Problem Report Thread

My MMOLoader is reporting version mismatch - Aug 14 MMOBugs, Aug 24 EQ - There was a hotfix this morning, apparently.

Reactions: EQDAB
I just recently DL live MQ2loader, and been getting some error message when running the patcher. message read's "Some updates failed to install. File in use cannot be updated. I notice some MQ2 files on desktop; crashpad hanler // d3dx9.dll // DBGhelpminfile // Dsurface.dll // EQformal // eqlib.dll // imgui.-64 // libeay32.dll // luarocks // luarocks32 // macroquest // meshgenerator // mestool// mmoload/ mmoloader // MQ2main.dll // procdump // pyton37.dll // SDL.dll // ssleay32.dll // uofmatjk (looks like a loader) // KZyd3RZW.

what I did;
1. moved all folders to C>user >public>MQ2>, then when I went to patch MMQloader, all the files came back on desktop. Need some help, becjuse I never seen this before.
need step-by-step instruction on a fix

• Wow
So last night there was a patch how do i update my MacroQuest Says Everquest Verion OCt 12 2023
MacroQuest Version Sep 14 2023

Read the red banner at the bottom, it's full of helpful information.

i was gonna say something about , well, there is this goat and ... like any true intitation, but figured some wouldnt see the humor :)

What is crazy is I get the crash window (C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll) on char select.

• Wow
Load MQ2Mybuttons with customized MQUI_ButtonsWnd (I've edited it to 40 buttons version and also tried mq2mybuttons40 with it's ui), and always crash. Can send the dmp if needed.

• Sad
Load MQ2Mybuttons with customized MQUI_ButtonsWnd (I've edited it to 40 buttons version and also tried mq2mybuttons40 with it's ui), and always crash. Can send the dmp if needed.

Sure, send it up. I'll take a look asap.

**Solved**

Hi guys, having a problem with MQ2Nav. Constant crash to desktop.

Fresh install with virus software disabled.
Mesh installed in correct location. Double checked.
I have never tried to use it before so i have no experience or knowledge of any pre-existing problem.

I have 6 box pc`s and it happens on them all. A mixture of Win10 and Win11.

Can anyone help with finding a solution?

Turns out the reason for CTD was that i changed my duck key from the default "z" key to the "\" (Backslash key on UK based keyboards). The CTD happened when the the \ keystroke was trying to be added to the ini file. Thanks Fry

Last edited: