MQNext - ini files from MQ2?

xzav

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Can we just copy all our ini files from our MQ2 folder into the MQNext folder?

Are there certain, or all, plugins that have/need a different format?

Thanks,

Reactions: EQDAB
Sure. Might need a tweak here or there, e.g. for something with some absolute path. Put them in your configs directory though, not in the mqnext root directory.

I noticed that the MyButtons plugin saves data differently than the pre-Next version does, and you can't use a custom UI file for it

The EQBC and Rez plugins both put some output to the main chat window / tab now.

• Wow
i am still having problems with mq2bot so saved all my old INI files and uninstalled both old MQ2 and MQ2Next. I checked to make sure I didn't have any plugins that appear to still have issues. I still crashed. I checked to make sure my old INI files were not in any of the subdirectories but found that with a fresh install that there are the same INI files in both the UIfiles and Config (along with Zones.ini in the Resources sub directory). Does this cause issues or should I just not worry about it? Thanks!

i am still having problems with mq2bot so saved all my old INI files and uninstalled both old MQ2 and MQ2Next. I checked to make sure I didn't have any plugins that appear to still have issues. I still crashed. I checked to make sure my old INI files were not in any of the subdirectories but found that with a fresh install that there are the same INI files in both the UIfiles and Config (along with Zones.ini in the Resources sub directory). Does this cause issues or should I just not worry about it? Thanks!
MQNext installer currently has some sub-directory issues that need resolving. Use the zip for time being.

Reactions: EQDAB and esadair