MacroQuest - Download and Problem Report Thread

It is now saying all of plugins are out of date after this last batch updated.
Did you figure out a fix for this? My Next is still doing this and I've been experiencing several game freezes and think that it's related.
@htw have you seen this happen before?

Last edited:
Reactions: EQDAB
Did you figure out a fix for this? My Next is still doing this and I've been experiencing several game freezes and think that it's related.
@htw have you seen this happen before?

I can't be positive what your fix would be. You're the only one mentioning it (I can't duplicate any such issue). Is it possible you have plugins where they shouldn't be? Maybe in the main next dir, instead of only in the next\plugins dir?

I think I see the issue. I have old, outdated plugins in my Config folder from the migration program I ran. The updated plugins are getting downloaded and put into a folder named Plugins. I'm assuming that the MMOLoader program is using the old, outdated plugins that are located in my Config folder instead of the ones in the Plugins folder.

• Wow
has this been updated for todays patch? i am still seeing out of date but wasnt sure if the updater was working for this version yet as i manually downloaded last time

having an issue after the last patch 1/19/2022

only 1 account after starting the MQ2bot is crashing, I sent a bug report. I will copy and paste the report
date: 1/20/2022
Time: 0911 am

Attachments

• bristle_Notmezzing.ini
    6.7 KB · Views: 4
After downloading the latest update, a box pops up saying the following plugins are out of date and no longer supported. All the plugins are in the list. I just click no to continue. This pops up every time I start MQNext

• Wow
Hi Gang , did [if ]statements stop working in mq2next ? cant seem to get them to work SelfBuffIf2=0 ?

• Wow
Not sure if this has been reported, just switched over to try the next compile today. Ran migration tool, and everything looks good. When using auto login, with mq2nosummon.dll plugged in, it wont load a character and crashes. I had to delete the .dll in order to launch my toons.

• Wow
I have just pushed an update for MQNext (Use link in first post of this thread to download if you haven't got MQNext installed already). The release is for the die hards, as it still has a lot of problems. I would suggest to stay away unless you want to crash a lot. We are still working on problems, but wanted to at least put something out there for people to use.

Current Known Issues:
MQ2MMOBugs - login is bugged and logging people in as "nobody" but will grant access to plugins.
MQ2DoCrack - will crash entering game (Unload it)
MQ2MMOFastMem - doesn't work (Unload it or you wont be able to memorize spells)
MQ2ReachIt - Crashing using some commands (/fartaunt)

If you can pinpoint other problems not stated above, please let us know so we can add it to list.

Last edited:
Testing so far
  • mq2pluginman - crashes on enter world or loading in game and doing /reloadui
  • mq2autoclaim - crashes on load
Not tested as they were listed above
  • MQ2DoCrack
  • MQ2MMOFastMem
  • MQ2ReachIt

Everything loaded fine minus the plugins listed above (had to unload mq2pluginman as well). Started MQ2bot and 3 of my 6 toons crashed.

New release out. Fixed everything known above. Thanks to everyone helping fix issues, and those reporting above. Please keep posting problems with this release. I believe this release should be pretty stable but I'd like to see more testing until I make it offical.

Current Known Issues:
MQ2DPSAdv: Crashing issue
Plugins using "FlushInstructionCache" wont function 100% correct. (MQ2NoGold, MQ2DoCrack, MQ2SpeedUtils, MQ2WickedSpeed, MQ2ReachIt)

Last edited:
New release out. Fixed everything known above. Thanks to everyone helping fix issues, and those reporting above. Please keep posting problems with this release. I believe this release should be pretty stable but I'd like to see more testing until I make it offical.

Current Known Issues:
MQ2DPSAdv:
Crashing issue
Plugins using "FlushInstructionCache" wont function 100% correct. (MQ2NoGold, MQ2DoCrack, MQ2SpeedUtils, MQ2WickedSpeed, MQ2ReachIt)
Some toons crash immediately after enabling Mq2Bot, ie, /bot on. Unloaded every unnecessary plugin with only MQ2Chatwnd, MQ2Cast & MQ2Bot loaded and still instant crash, repeatedly. Also, you cannot start EQBC from within MMOLoader, have to manually start it.

• Sad
Sorry I'm a little confused I think, the front page has live as up?,
yet the original mmoloader wont download any updates (or work).. are we required to move to Next?
as that's the only updated version I can see.. sorry if I've missed a thread etc, wasn't really paying much attention to all the previous just checking now and then to see if it was up..

I think that next is the only version that has been put out right now.

/assist is currently broken in this release. Xeniaz knows and is his list of things to work on. Can get around using assist in a macro with the following

/target ${Sender}
/delay 1
/target id ${Me.TargetOfTarget.ID}

Sorry I'm a little confused I think, the front page has live as up?,
yet the original mmoloader wont download any updates (or work).. are we required to move to Next?
as that's the only updated version I can see.. sorry if I've missed a thread etc, wasn't really paying much attention to all the previous just checking now and then to see if it was up..

There is a big story about MacroQuest community splitting into two with this latest 64bit update. MQ2 has moved to MQ64 which is being run by EQMule and can be found at https://mq64.org. What split the community is parts of MQ64 is closed source where MQNext is not. MQ64 have there reasons, mainly due to an agreement with Darkpaw to leave MQ users alone which really isn't working out too well. Next being open source and having a newly re-written engine, has a larger and move active community supporting it is the reason why we decided to continue down that path. We have updated everything for MQNext here, as it will do everything MQ2 can do and should be easier for us to keep everything up to date. The work required for us to maintain both MQ64 and MQNext is too much after a patch like this and since it really does the exact same thing, we've switched to supporting just MQNext.

It will take awhile to get used to and to move your settings over, but long term it's for the best.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EQDAB and Num