MacroQuest - Download and Problem Report Thread

when installing clean(and over an old install but I was checking) the macroquest2/UIFiles gets made and is full of junk, the macroquest2/resources/UIfiles looks clean

Last edited:
Reactions: EQDAB
Hello fine folks,
Not using MQNext yet, but crashing on a kernel exception (same as former player).
Keep the warning screen up is fine, but launching mq2Bot or any mqBot crashes.
I tested by removing the mq2Overseer still not working.
ToT screen strings shows unknow %% etc.
Cheers
UI is not related.

In Mq2, ini settings used by maros were stored in the same folder as the macro (by default).

I have found that in Next, the following command:
/if (${Corpse.Item[${i}].ID} && !${Select[${Ini[Loot.ini,"${Corpse.Item[${i}].Name.Left[1]}","${Corpse.Item[${i}]}"]},Collectible,Ignore,Keep,Destroy,Sell,Tradeskills]}) {

for example will READ the data from loot.ini located in the NEXT config folder (not the same folder as the macro)..... BUT:

/mmoini "loot.ini" "${Corpse.Item[${i}].Name.Left[1]}" "${Corpse.Item[${i}]}" "Collectible"

will WRITE the data to loot.ini in the same folder as the macro.

IF, however, you have
#define LootIni Loot.ini

at the start of your macro. And you use:
/if (${Corpse.Item[${i}].ID} && !${Select[${Ini[LootIni,"${Corpse.Item[${i}].Name.Left[1]}","${Corpse.Item[${i}]}"]},Collectible,Ignore,Keep,Destroy,Sell,Tradeskills]}) {

Then it will read it from the same folder as the macro (this is what I have done for now, a i'd prefer to have my macro related INIs stored int he same place as my macro).

Is this the intended behaviour?

Thanks, I will update that for mmoini

so in the future it will read and write from the configs folder if you just use "loot.ini", but will do it from the macros folder if you use:

#define LootIni Loot.ini
AND
"LootIni"?

I posted this is in discord but I should probably share it here I think? This is on the latest MQNext build with the Xeniaz EQBCS (not sure if that matters)

As soon as I load MQ2NetBots I get this spammed repeating in my MQ2Chat, any idea?

• Wow
How is worsthurt fix going please? The last version of Fry's update still gave crash when the healer class use /echo it under group circumstance.

• Sad
so in the future it will read and write from the configs folder if you just use "loot.ini", but will do it from the macros folder if you use:

#define LootIni Loot.ini
AND
"LootIni"?

it will mimic /ini in that respect. It will check macro folder and use if it exists, then config folder. If a relative path is specified, it will use only that.

Reactions: EQDAB and poly
I posted this is in discord but I should probably share it here I think? This is on the latest MQNext build with the Xeniaz EQBCS (not sure if that matters)

As soon as I load MQ2NetBots I get this spammed repeating in my MQ2Chat, any idea?

I fixed that some days ago, I will push an update later tonight so it’s live.

Unfortunately, work was a PITA last night, so I didn't get time. I'll take care of it tonight, sorry for the delay.

• Sad
Reactions: EQDAB and poly
Hey guys,

I have a couple of issues at the moment.

1) MQ2Discord: will connect, and my filters work just the same as in MQ2 (i.e I can see all the text i have filtered appear in discord). But in next I cannot send commands to the EQ client. I'm reasonably sure that I have the correct config.

2) Autologin: I copied over my settings from my MQ2 folder, and when i open an instance of EQ (via patchme), it will click thru the EULA, but then freezes on the DBG splash screen. If i leave it long enough, it will continue on its own and work properly (but takes ~60 secs). If i click once on the DBG splash screen, it will continue on its own and log in to world correctly.

Thanks

Release updated 01 Aug 21

htw

Thanks a ton for the update sir, but /echo ${WorstHurt[group,1,999999,FALSE].PctHPs} still crash.

Here is the specific setup to duplicate the crash:

1 Clerc group with 1 Shaman, use /echo ${WorstHurt[group,1,999999,FALSE].PctHPs} on any toon will cause an instant CTD.

• Sad
Thanks a ton for the update sir, but /echo ${WorstHurt[group,1,999999,FALSE].PctHPs} still crash.

Here is the specific setup to duplicate the crash:

1 Clerc group with 1 Shaman, use /echo ${WorstHurt[group,1,999999,FALSE].PctHPs} on any toon will cause an instant CTD.

Based on your report, you aren't using the latest release. It shows you still on 102, not 103.

Update to latest and push a debug report, as I'm not crashing when I do exactly what you typed.

Thanks.

htw

Sorry sir I did a fresh install and still get the same crash, 2 debug reports sent and also plugins info sent in PM. Thank you again

Sorry sir I did a fresh install and still get the same crash, 2 debug reports sent and also plugins info sent in PM. Thank you again

Thanks, I made a change and pushed update for MQ2WorstHurt only. Patch it and let me know how it goes.

htw

• Love