MQ2WinTitle by htw

htw

Developer
Reaction score
OK, so some time back, I had thought about adding changing window title with MMOLoader. I have to give props to DP for his MQ2WindowTitle idea, as that made me realize I'd rather do a plugin!

NOTE: I do not know how the code compares, I have not seen any source for DP's plugin. This is all written up by myself. Just making sure nobody thinks I stole any code here...

Anyway...

This plugin does the same thing as MQ2WindowTitle by DP, but instead allows you to define how you want your title to look like in MQ2WinTitle.ini. This configuration is done ala MQ2Hud style, so you have plenty of flexibility.

Example MQ2WinTitle.ini:
Code:
[Settings]
InGame=EQ - ${Me.Name} ${Me.Surname} (${MacroQuest.Server}) - ${Zone.Name}
Tell=* [${MacroQuest.LastTell}] EQ - ${Me.Name} ${Me.Surname} (${MacroQuest.Server}) - ${Zone.Name}
Other=EQ - ${MacroQuest.Server}
Zoning=EQ - ${Me.Name} ${Me.Surname} (${MacroQuest.Server}) - Zoning...
ShowHotKey=on

InGame = What will be used if you are in game, foreground & no tell recieved, and not zoning.

Tell = What will be used if you recieve a tell, ONLY if the EQ window is not the foreground window (if you swap to this window, the title will immediately go back to normal (InGame) value).

Zoning = What is shown while your char is zoning.

Other = Everything else. Such as being at char select.

ShowHotKey = on or off. If on, and you use the default InnerSpace titlebar (e.g., is1 (Ctrl+Alt+1)) or you use the default WinEQ2 titlebar (e.g., WinEQ 2.15 blah blah (Hotkey: Ctrl+Alt+1)), then it will append this to your title text if it's there. If it is off, then even if a hotkey is shown before, it won't show it.

Example of what they might look like given the above config, with InnerSpace running (ShowHotKey is on):

InGame: EQ - Bubba Fett (saryrn) - Plane of Knowledge (Ctrl+Alt+1)
Tell (in bg): * [Jobubba] Bubba Fett (saryrn) - Plane of Knowledge (Ctrl+Alt+1)
At char select: EQ - saryrn (Ctrl+Alt+1)
Zoning: EQ - Bubba Fett (saryrn) - Zoning... (Ctrl+Alt+1)

There is only 1 command in this one:

/winload - Reloads the INI entries.

If you make changes to your INI, if you zone, get a tell, etc. (anything that would change the title), it will reload your INI values at that time, but /winload is there also for you to use.

I have tested with multiple instances of EQ, and no issues.

htw

Attachments

• MQ2WinTitle.dll
    202 KB · Views: 26
crash issues

this plugin crashes me every time i try to log in or zone with it loaded
other plugins i have loaded are:

Code:
[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=mq2mmobugs
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2chatfilter=mq2chatfilter
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2clickies=mq2clickies
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2docrack=mq2docrack
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2famkiller=mq2famkiller
mq2gmcheck=mq2gmcheck
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2map=mq2map
mq2melee=mq2melee
mq2mmowarp=mq2mmowarp
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2netbots=mq2netbots
mq2netheal=mq2netheal
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone
mq2reachit=mq2reachit
mq2viewport=mq2viewport
mq2web=mq2web

this plugin crashes me every time i try to log in or zone with it loaded
other plugins i have loaded are:

Code:
[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=mq2mmobugs
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2chatfilter=mq2chatfilter
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2clickies=mq2clickies
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2docrack=mq2docrack
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2famkiller=mq2famkiller
mq2gmcheck=mq2gmcheck
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2map=mq2map
mq2melee=mq2melee
mq2mmowarp=mq2mmowarp
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2netbots=mq2netbots
mq2netheal=mq2netheal
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone
mq2reachit=mq2reachit
mq2viewport=mq2viewport
mq2web=mq2web

Only reason I could think, is if one (or more) of your other plugins are not updated from the update section.

Need that info from the compile thread, post it all so I can verify if you are up to date, etc.

htw

This works flawlessly for me.
Perfect for 7boxing with winEQ2 - especially since I had tried to do something like this months ago with the built in winEQ2 functionality.

I've used this for a while, and started to notice something when I parse and have most spam on. Pets will use responses, and they show up as a tell. Is there a way either in the plugin or the base MQ build to exclude pet responses as a valid tell?

I've used this for a while, and started to notice something when I parse and have most spam on. Pets will use responses, and they show up as a tell. Is there a way either in the plugin or the base MQ build to exclude pet responses as a valid tell?
I could add that, I'll get to it soon as I can (for wintitle to ignore tells from pets).

Thanks!

htw

Updated to exclude pet tells. Let me know if it's working as you wished.

htw

I can't get this to override WinEQ2's title, what am I missing? Tried setting KeepOriginalTitle=off as well with same result.

Edit: Blank title in profiles seem to be a bad idea. Working now.

Last edited:
The pet tells are still showing up, sadly.
I uploaded a new one, if you want, you can turn on OnIncomingChat() to show lines for pets like that in the MQ2 window (use /petdebug). The ones of interest are the tells from your pet. If you can let me know what it says when you get a pet tell like that (in the mq2 window), I can get them filtered out.

Sorry, but I don't have something that'll do that for me in game lol. ;)

htw

I will update it and log in different pet classes and see what I can capture.

Tested with a custom name for pet, and a randomly generated name

"Received: 'Killer' Found: "Killer00"
"Received: 'Jibarer' Found: "Jibarer00"

First part worked, but found this today on beastlord.

Received: 'Idiotbeastlord`s' Found: 'Idiotbeastlord`s warder'

And with swarm pets.

If it has a pet out it's below

Received: 'Failshaman`s' Found: 'Vebarer'

Swarm with no pets like a bard, /petdebug does not show anything received, but the window shows a tell received.

First part worked, but found this today on beastlord.

Received: 'Idiotbeastlord`s' Found: 'Idiotbeastlord`s warder'

And with swarm pets.

If it has a pet out it's below

Received: 'Failshaman`s' Found: 'Vebarer'

Swarm with no pets like a bard, /petdebug does not show anything received, but the window shows a tell received.
Ok, I pushed an update, it should exclude those types of things now.

htw