MQ2Nav Release Thread

brainiac

I like pie
Reaction score
(this is my first new thread in years...)

MQ2Nav Release thread

Improvements - MQ2Nav
  • New feature: active navigation path will now be displayed on the map if MQ2Map is loaded.
    • Color, layer and toggle added to MQ2Nav settings.
  • New feature: automatic door opening while following path
    • Door opening is only enabled while a path is actively being followed. Check out the "Door Handler Debug" UI to tweak behavior.
    • Current behavior is: click door every 2 seconds for any door with distance < 20. Check the "Door Handler Debug" to find tune the distance.

Improvements - MeshGenerator
  • New feature: Maximum Zone Extents
    • Some zones have geometry that exists far outside the normal zone area, leading to issues generating the mesh for that zone. Added a new feature that will filter out geometry that exists outside these maximum boundaries on certain zones. See NavMeshData for the list of existing zones that support this feature.
    • This feature has a checkbox to disable it in settings if you want to be a rebel and see the filtered out geometry.

Bug Fixes
  • Zones.ini: fix shortname for Chelsith Reborn.
  • Waypoints now use FloorHeight when calculating player position (if enabled in settings).

Bug Fixes
  • Fix crash when loading MQ2Nav while also running InnerSpace
  • Fix problem selecting zones that have duplicate names in the zone picker

Improvements
  • Use FloorHeight instead of Z for calculating spawn positions, should avoid some cases of "unable to find destination" problems.
    • This behavior can be disabled in the settings window of MQ2Nav if it causes problems

Also found a couple known issues:
* Navigation may not create a complete path if the target location is too far away
* Zones that have a lot of garbage beneath the geometry may product broken meshes. This is because there is a limit to the height of the mesh. If this happens, use the bounding box controls to bring the lower Y plane up higher.
* I noticed an issue where the bounding box controls may not save properly.

*NOTE* This version is not compatible with navmeshes made with previous versions. You will need to rebuild your meshes!

New Areas Tool
  • MeshGenerator can now define custom area types with cost modifiers. Access it from the Edit menu.
    • Define custom areas types, give them names, colors, and costs.
  • Convex Volume tool has been given an overhaul, lets you save the volumes and edit existing volumes.
    • Convex Volumes let you mark parts of the navmesh as different area types.
    • Areas define cost modifiers or can completely exclude areas of the mesh from navigation
    • Navigation will always use the lowest cost path. Mark areas with high cost to avoid them and low cost to prefer them. Default area cost is 1.0
Navmesh Format Changes
  • Due to many changes to the internal structure of the navmesh, old navmeshes will not load correctly. As a result, the navmesh compat version has been bumped up, so loading older meshes will give you an error.
  • Navmesh files now have their own extension: .navmesh
  • Navmesh files are now compressed for extra space savings
  • All modifications to the navmesh are now stored in the .navmesh file, so reopening a mesh will have all the changes that were made when the navmesh was created.
  • Tile size limit has been removed.
UI Changes
  • New theme applied to the UI in both the plugin and MeshGenerator
  • Completely redesigned MeshGenerator UI.
  • Adjusted the defaults of a couple navmesh parameters for better path finding behavior:
    • Reduced MaxClimb to 4.0 to avoid getting stuck on the edge of tall objects
    • Increased MaxSlope to 75 to allow traversal over steeper terrain.
  • Navmesh ingame path rendering has received a visual upgrade.
  • Revamp the ingame Waypoints UI, fixing several bugs
    • Added option to delete and rename waypoints
    • Fixed the order of the x,y,z coordinates in waypoints UI to match /loc
  • Improvements to how the in-game active navigation path line is rendered.
Misc Changes
  • Added feature to export/import settings as json files. This can be accessed through the "mesh" menu. By default these settings files well be put into <MQ2Dir>/MQ2Nav/Settings
  • Mesh Generator is now a 64-bit application.
  • Obligatory mention: fixed lots of bugs.
    • EOK Zones should now load all objects. Please note that performance is going to be pretty terrible, please have patience - i'm still working on improving handling large zones.
    • Fixed issues that would cause your character to get stuck running back and forth when running near edges of the navmesh
Command Changes
  • Fixed various /nav commands and made many improvements:
    • Removed /nav x y z, replaced with:
    • eq /loc coordinates: /nav loc y x z, /nav locyxz y x z
    • eq xyz coordinates: /nav locxyz x y z
    • Fixed issues with clicking items and doors when using /nav item or /nav door
  • Remove spam click behavior of /nav item/door as it didn't work right anyways
    • Added /nav spawn <text> - takes same parameters of Spawn TLO to do a spawn search
  • Added new forms of /nav commands. See the wiki for more info.

Github Release: Latest Release

Also, check out the updated screenshots page: Screenshots * brainiac/MQ2Nav Wiki * GitHub
Commands Reference: Command Reference * brainiac/MQ2Nav Wiki * GitHub

Once again, please report any issues you find.

downloads for LIVE can be found at the bottom of the Github release. Updates will be included in the MMObugs updater some short time later after each release.

If you like this plugin, please consider donating. I've spent hundreds of hours so far on this project and give it away for free!

Last edited:
Nice! haven't been on live for a while but will go on to check this out

I know for a fact that they've been working on this for a while. Back when I was creating the Pull.mac I was using MQ2Navigation and it was broken for a bit. When asking around they told me that they were in the process of reinventing the entire thing and giving it an over haul. That was over a year ago and here it is coming to your front door for free. If I was still playing and updating my macro this certainly would have been something I would have loved to test out in unison with my puller. Many thanks to you guys for all the hard work.

MQ2Nav 1.1.1

release page: Latest Release

Bug Fixes
  • Fix crash when loading MQ2Nav while also running InnerSpace
  • Fix problem selecting zones that have duplicate names in the zone picker

Also found a couple known issues:
* Navigation may not create a complete path if the target location is too far away
* Zones that have a lot of garbage beneath the geometry may product broken meshes. This is because there is a limit to the height of the mesh. If this happens, use the bounding box controls to bring the lower Y plane up higher.
* I noticed an issue where the bounding box controls may not save properly.

edit: sorry, still getting into the hang of things, won't have this on the patcher until maybe tomorrow night.

Last edited:
is there a way to create a path to pull?

How do I get the nav mesh generator to see zone objects?

How do I get the nav mesh generator to see zone objects?

The objects are loaded now when you load the zone in mesh gen, you only have to be in a zone if there are door objects in the zone.

MQ2Nav 1.2.0

New Features:
  • Automatic door opening
  • Navigation path drawn on map if mq2map is loaded

See first post for details. Quick link to latest release:
Latest MQ2Nav Release on GitHub

Automatic updates through the MMObugs updater may lag behind, the latest release should always be available at the above link.

Please leave your feedback and problems regarding automatic door support as well.

kinda bummed that mq2navigation was taken out of this compile... the new nav doesnt work very well for me in dungeons - I have been using mq2navigation flawlessly before.

I have made my mesh, loaded it successfully (and showing the pretty blue overlay) and it just spams "invalid nav destination: loc here"

is there something else I need to do?

*update*

so I realized the problem, and I am just going to update this, in case anyone else is having the same issue....

I had to update my mac, to account for the new commands and it took me a bit to realize the the loc went from xyz to YXZ. sneaky!

Still would like to request leaving the old MQ2navigation in the compile if at all possible

Last edited:
kinda bummed that mq2navigation was taken out of this compile... the new nav doesnt work very well for me in dungeons - I have been using mq2navigation flawlessly before.

I have made my mesh, loaded it successfully (and showing the pretty blue overlay) and it just spams "invalid nav destination: loc here"

is there something else I need to do?

*update*

so I realized the problem, and I am just going to update this, in case anyone else is having the same issue....

I had to update my mac, to account for the new commands and it took me a bit to realize the the loc went from xyz to YXZ. sneaky!

Still would like to request leaving the old MQ2navigation in the compile if at all possible

Use /nav locxyz

The old version was removed because the new version supercedes it in virtually every way. Old version was broken and unmaintained.

If there are certain problems with the new version that old one did better please let me know, the intent is to have everybody on the new one.

Hey brainiac is there something i have to do to get the door opening working? Was messing around in house of Thule and they weren't opening

Hey brainiac is there something i have to do to get the door opening working? Was messing around in house of Thule and they weren't opening

check the door debug part of the nav window. Haven't been to house of thule so I can't really tell you what the problem is, but that might help

Yeah not sure why it wasn't working earlier, working great now

MQ2Nav won't load for me.

MQ2PluginMan::Unable to load 'MQ2Nav'

I feel like MQ2EQDraw is also needed and that won't load either.

Is the only message I get. Anyone else encounter this issue?

EDIT: Additional notes:

Built against MQ2 from 6/14/2017. shown on the GitHub, probably my issue for mq2nav, unsure about MQ2EQDraw

Last edited:
MQ2Nav won't load for me.

MQ2PluginMan::Unable to load 'MQ2Nav'

I feel like MQ2EQDraw is also needed and that won't load either.

Is the only message I get. Anyone else encounter this issue?

EDIT: Additional notes:

Built against MQ2 from 6/14/2017. shown on the GitHub, probably my issue for mq2nav, unsure about MQ2EQDraw

Having the same issue on my laptop- cannot get MQ2Nav to load. Deleted all the .dll files and redownloaded and same issue.

There is an issue with MQ2EQDraw not working correctly. I'll get it fixed up soon.

MQ2Nav looks to be loading fine for me, the window pops up. I didn't mess with navigating with it though.

Fixed MQ2EQDraw. Pushing release now.

If plugin won't load, try loading less other plugins, then camp and reload mq2nav.

It's also possible you could be missing some dx files - try dxwebsetup.

htw

Fixed MQ2EQDraw. Pushing release now.

If plugin won't load, try loading less other plugins, then camp and reload mq2nav.

It's also possible you could be missing some dx files - try dxwebsetup.

htw

Thx Htw thought I had run it but appeared to need the dxwebsetup :). All working well now.

Crystallos NavMesh - Problem??

So I've created a NavMesh for crystallos. Tile size 64, all other settings are default. However, on the ice side (currently) I get to the first room and target a creature on the map, type /nav target and I get the standard "Navigating to target: a_prismatic_overlord13, then I get Could not locate destination on navmesh: 188.00 420.00 20.85

I am going to try altering settings such as radius as their /loc might be in the edge where the mesh doesn't travel. But as of now I don't feel that is the issue because it also does it inside the room when targeting something I can clearly see is standing on the mesh using the debug to show the navmesh on screen.

This issue currently is isolated to this zone, I've used meshes on about 10 different zones without issues, except HoT, which draws the meshes to high for my dwarf in some areas which causes him to get stuck sometimes.

If more information is needed let me know and I'll provide what I can.

Edit: Same issue on the fire side. Works fine in the first hallway leading to the room, but then it fails to find the locations on the navmesh.

Attachments

• Mesh - Crystallos.png
    Mesh - Crystallos.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Nevermind...my issue was a keyboard interface error.

Last edited: